DBR Podium Pro

moosterbounce

DBR Podium Pro

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:29 pm

Has anyone here had any experience with these bikes? A mate of mine is looking at getting one second hand. I don't know too much about it except it is a couple of years old, has under 500km on the clock, is full carbon, with full Ultegra. Sounds nice, but I know nothing about the brand.

The current owner is selling as his partner is making him sell toys he never uses to fund his new love of kite surfing (sounds like there may be a newish kite for sale in about 18 months time too :wink: ).

Ta.

Moo...

Halfanewb

Postby Halfanewb » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:07 pm

hi moo i cant comment with a great deal of knowledge on the bike but the advice i was given on 2nd hand carbon bikes was

check the frame and running gear for any signs of any damage or touched up paintwork or hairline fractures, what may appear insignificant on the outside could be a major problem on the inside. :)

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:40 pm

I can't see a 'Podium Pro' in the current Diamondback catalogue Moo, but I'm pretty sure that there's one in the club. I will keep an eye out for it on Sunday.
I'm pretty sure that I saw a review of a dbr in a magazine last year, but I can't get to my collection until tomorrow. A quick goggle didn't turn one up.
If the bike passes a sensible inspection and a decent test ride, then it comes down to price (and bling!).

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:53 pm

LuckyPierre wrote:I'm pretty sure that I saw a review of a dbr in a magazine last year, but I can't get to my collection until tomorrow.
It was in the US 'Bicycling' magazine from May last year (p. 92 for those of you playing at home). Unfortunately it was a Podium 3 (an alloy frame with carbon rear stays and compact cranks), not the Pro. The review focussed on its value for money, with the only quibble being the reviewers wish that dbr had stuck with 105 gear throughout (rather than using Tektro brakes so that they could squeeze in an Ultegra rear derailleur).

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:14 pm

Thanks for this info guys. I'll pass it onto my friend. Sounds terrible, but I'm guessing it will be for sale again in about 12 months - my friend has a thing about losing interest in stuff!!

Moo...

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:23 pm

Sounds nice. what is the asking price ?

Pity it is in Perth ....