Cycling Express - New online shop to compete with UK....

Jesmol

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby Jesmol » Mon May 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Minizian wrote:I made my order last thrudsay till now, i never get any new in regards to my order status. I urgently need my stuff as i am building up a bike :(
Give them a call.

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 pm

oh wish I'd checked this thread out before I placed my order & became concerned about lack of feedback re despatch. Currently got no idea if my stuff is on the way, no response to emails and no ansa da phone.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:19 am

CyclingExpress (as noted in a recent email newsletter - May 31) are moving warehouses and it is possible that this affecting order fulfilment.
Cycling is in my BNA

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:29 am

AUbicycles wrote:CyclingExpress (as noted in a recent email newsletter - May 31) are moving warehouses and it is possible that this affecting order fulfilment.
And i guess if it isn't they will probably use it as an excuse if they bother to tell you anything.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:43 pm

I placed my order on 1 June. After sending 5 emails on consecutive days and filling in their online form I finally got a reply last Wednesday to say they should despatch last Friday, but I got no subsequent email Friday or today (Monday) to confirm. So I've just finished knocking out an email to them basically saying send or refund. In the interim I have received a t least 5 promotional emails including one on 14 june letting me know I could spend more with them at their relocation sale, sweet!

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:10 pm

So how much longer until they're out of business given the very poor business model they follow? It seems when, rather than if, this is the case, all those who bought cheap Azzurri's would be a little nervous about their warranty status? Having said that, I could imagine given how hard simple sales has become with CE, that returning a frame for warranty would be an absolute nightmare!!

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:25 pm

update - on 17/6 i sent an email outlining (non)events to date and indicating if they didn't send before end of week i would be seeking a refund. Well today, 19/6 got emails (three of them) indicating (in various ways) the item has been despatched. Lets see... (because if it isn't in my hands before the end of next week i'm still going the refund route.)

sblack

Postby sblack » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:10 am

Thought I'd give Cycling Express a go as I wasn't waiting urgently for the item I was buying. Purchased last Wednesday. One item on the order was in stock the other had the usually dispatched in 5-7 days messsage. Got the order dispatched message on Monday afternoon and package arrived yesterday so all good for my order.

linds

Postby linds » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:26 am

Concur with the comments on CE's pathetic email response policy. I bought a bike there earlier this year and simply wanted to ask a question about a mark on the frame following an impact on it. I sent emails and photos to their staff and help/support addresses over a period of a few weeks and got no response other from a staff member saying he was on holidays and couldnt respond. So I eventually phoned and spoke to someone. Apparently they dont have a 'do not respond to phone calls' policy. Moral of story...phone them.

Minizian

Postby Minizian » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:32 pm

I am curious that CE that I still receiving emails about "sales" and "clearence" when they have all kind of problem replying mails or solving customer problem. The inventory system is hopeless, supposedly "in stock" item were actually out of stock. To anyone who insists on ordering from CE i suggest write em email first for stock status before placing and order. It sucks to going tru those customer support that couldnt even bother to reply asking for order cancellation or refund.

*Btw, my shipment had arrive 3 weeks after I placed my order... Big thumbs down from them.

Any idea how long for them to process refund?

Heff

Postby Heff » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Hoping all goes well for me, just bought a full bike even after reading the mixed reviews, fingers crossed.
Trails_Niner SIR 9
Commute_Repco Superlite
Weekend_Lynskey_Rouleur
Selling_DeRosa
Waiting For_The Perfect_Koga Miyata

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:33 am

Heff wrote:Hoping all goes well for me, just bought a full bike even after reading the mixed reviews, fingers crossed.
Bought a lotto ticket?!?! ;-)

Cmm

Postby Cmm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:52 pm

3 weeks after ordering package arrived today missing items. Will be following up in the morn!

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Looks like Cycling Express is making promises of better service again. In the latest Bicycling Australia magazine they run a full page advertisement which includes claims of a new website and new management coming 1st August. In addition, they will provide 24 hour shipping (excluding bikes), beat competitors prices by 10% and provide free shipping for orders over $49. We'll see.
Last edited by biker jk on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:47 pm

biker jk wrote:Looks like Cycling Express is making promises of better service again. In the latest Bicycling Australia magazine they run a full page advertisement which includes claims of a new website and new management coming 1st August. In addition, they will provide 24 hour shipping (excluding bikes), beat competitors prices by 10% and provide shipping for orders over $49. We'll see.
More smoke and mirrors.......... :roll:

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:59 pm

biker jk wrote:...and provide shipping for orders over $49.
Well you'd hope they provide shipping for under $49 as well. Pickup only? :P

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:12 pm

Probably free shipping.

I would give them the chance and if the new website and management helps improve - then they can really make waves.
Cycling is in my BNA

cerb

Postby cerb » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:32 pm

I gave up on CE after 3 purchases.

- First purchase was slow but gave them the benefit of doubt as they were very new.
- The second purchase was particularly bad as an item wasn't shipped. After numerous communications telling me it would dispatch soon, they cancelled the order and gave me a credit.
- Third purchase used the credit I had and the delivery was 1.5 weeks slower for a pump and cleats than some sidi's I had coming from wiggle (both ordered on the same day).

When goods can arrive from the UK faster, I know what's going on at all stages of my order and I know that if I have a problem it is resolved quickly, it makes me a happy consumer.

CE marketing needs a kick in the behind. Advertising a %-off sale almost everyday via email doesn't draw in customers.

Unfortunately for them, retail is fairly unforgiving. Even if they do manage to change for the better, lots of people have tried them and won't be going back without glowing peer reviews.

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:06 pm

Prepare for the coming of a prophet! My order arrived today 25 June, order placed you might remember 1 June. Will I be giving them a second or even third chance? No way. This is the type of online competition the UK can only dream about.

Cmm

Postby Cmm » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:32 am

^^^ same 3 weeks here and as stated above items where missing even though they were on the shipping confirmation. I called them for answers they promptly said oh very sorry we can send them out so I asked how long it would take (as the last lot took 3 weeks) they went quiet for a few seconds and said we would have to order in so I asked for a refund. Learnt my lesson here! Prices not good enough to put up with that sort of customer service!

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:11 pm

In my experience (4 years of ownership and 3 years as an employee) online stores must communicate and be transparent with their customers at every possible step of the customer service process. Unfortunately CE have fallen down horribly on this front. I hope the new management are listening and fix it or they will not survive.

Cheers
Dave.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

young@heart

Postby young@heart » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:39 pm

I recently bought a bike, pedals and shoes from Cycling Express.

The bike was ready when they said it would be and I received a call to advise me I could pick it up from the store as arranged. I ordered the shoes 1 size too small and they were more than happy to change them over on the spot without any hassle.

Rod

Heff

Postby Heff » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Bike turned up today, ordered last Saturday so 5 working days, everything was in the box, no damage (that I can see). I must admit I was a little concerned, because of the sheer volume of negative experiences by people.

I believe the bikes could be packed a little better. I have ordered wheelsets through wiggle and their packing is bombproof.

However, overall a good transaction, I hope others have the same in the future.
Trails_Niner SIR 9
Commute_Repco Superlite
Weekend_Lynskey_Rouleur
Selling_DeRosa
Waiting For_The Perfect_Koga Miyata

Gerry.M

Postby Gerry.M » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:49 am

The latest email from CE has an interesting promise:
24hr Shipping. All orders shipped in 24hrs

Based on the feedback in this thread it's obviously something they need to work on.

One thing I don't understand about these guys is their price match.
Their price matching guarantee states:
We will only match Chain Reaction Cycles and Wiggle Cycles in the UK

Why??

The reason I have never bought from CE as I have always found the item slightly cheaper either at the LBS or from Cell.
Why not compete with locals too (within reason)?

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:37 am

Translated, we will send you an email stating your order has been shipped within 24 hrs but in reality it will be shipped a week later. Cell have the same 24 hr guarantee on their site, I ordered on Sunday around 5pm and my order didnt leave their store until Tuesday 1:30pm. I enquired about it Tuesday morning because if you are going to put this on your site and use a tracking courier you could come unstuck quite easily, all I got in reply was sorry it will be shipped today. Wiggle tells me I'm spending over a 1000 pounds a year there, its unfortunate the Oz stores just do their best to not want your business.