Complaints

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Complaints

Postby europa » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:27 pm

Mike's complaining about me not putting up enough posts and he's scared that he might have to wear the mantle of most posts once again. So this is a totally gratuitous post designed to do no more than waste bandwidth and to add one more to my tally :D

Richard

besides which, I'm in the Family Court next week for a full trial and I'm just starting to realise that the emotional toll is being felt. If I go quiet, that's why :?

MJF

Postby MJF » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:31 pm

Good luck for next week... I've know a few people who've ended up having to go that far.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:01 pm

Good luck for next week. Emotional turmoil - however it happens - isn't fun. Suggest you go for a relaxing ride when you have a chance as it's miracle cure status is legendary :)

Moo...

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:18 pm

Family Court? Urrk :(
Good luck Richard, stand strong.
Even if you can't ride, daydream :D

Shaun

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:43 pm

Good Luck Richard.

Remember that rum is only meant to be used for medical emergencies :D, and not for drinking to be able to throw the empty bottle at the judge :shock:

Kev

PS - When they say in court "everyone please stand", that means everyone. They get upset if you don't. Trust Me :shock:

tuco

Postby tuco » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:12 am

bicyclewa wrote:Good Luck Richard.

Remember that rum is only meant to be used for medical emergencies :D, and not for drinking to be able to throw the empty bottle at the judge :shock:

Kev

PS - When they say in court "everyone please stand", that means everyone. They get upset if you don't. Trust Me :shock:

Only ever been in court once when my girl friend, now wife, was on a speeding charge. It was thrown out of court because the slower speed signs were not put there legally by the council doing the road works.

What about swearing on a bible? I don't have a religion and don't believe in a god of any sort. I certainly wouldn't be swearing on a book I've never read and never intend to read.
I'm sure in this day and age there's some leniency in that regard.

Let's hope I never have to get to the stage where I'm asked that question.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:36 am

AFAIK, you wouldn't have to swear on a Bible if you didn't want to, an affirmation :?: will do, basically you swear against your own sense of honour.

My boss'd be stuffed :twisted:

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:46 am

tuco wrote:Always wondered what would happen if you didn't stand up.
You get charged with contempt of court. :shock:

tuco

Postby tuco » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:34 am

bicyclewa wrote:

I could write an essay on respect but I not going to waste my time.

I've known a JP who was a thieving bastard and was quite happy to put the blame on subordinate workers.

Respect of what ever you call this standing up is earned, not handed out with the wig.

pospete

Postby pospete » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:17 pm

tuco wrote:
bicyclewa wrote:

I could write an essay on respect but I not going to waste my time.

I've known a JP who was a thieving bastard and was quite happy to put the blame on subordinate workers.

Respect of what ever you call this standing up is earned, not handed out with the wig.

yes all that cape and wig wearing, it's like drag for legal types. I expect to see them on a float at Mardi gras!
Talk to the hand

Halfanewb

Postby Halfanewb » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:00 pm

I hope everything goes well for you Richard , i can only imagine what might take place, but if its been unpleasant up to now then there might be more of it to come during the hearings. Discrediting someone else's integrity rather proving ones own is very fashionable.

The judge will be watching both of you and will be influenced if he/she gets the idea (even mistakenly) that one of the parties is going through the process or using the children only to inflict emotional suffering on the other.

The hard part is that in dealing with all the emotional turmoil all the emotional shields will up and at full strength and this is not so good because the judge wont see the person you really are. Being yourself warts and all still makes you a loving dad, and thats what really counts.

europa

Postby europa » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:56 pm

Imanewbie wrote:The hard part is that in dealing with all the emotional turmoil all the emotional shields will up and at full strength and this is not so good because the judge wont see the person you really are. Being yourself warts and all still makes you a loving dad, and thats what really counts.
I hope you're right, but that hasn't been my experience so far. Mind you, I got caught with a drop kick barrister who set up a situation that has worked against me. No, he's not working with me this time and my lawyer had to listen to some fairly heart felt complaints.

Thanks for the support all.

Richard

europa

Postby europa » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:42 pm

Ah well. Fronted up to court today. Went to the lists. Not on the lists :? It's early, so I wandered around to my lawyer's. 'Oh, they're not organising your pool of trials till tommorrow'. Hmm, didn't need to be there today. BUT, it gets better - my trial is unlikely to be heard within this pool anyway and so will almost certainly go into the next pool starting in May. :cry:

There's always another flamin' excuse to push it out. No, it's not the lawyers, it's this damned underfunded court system we have. So, I've packed up my stress levels in my old kit bag and stored them safely until May when I get to go through it all again.

Good thing I'm already mad ... saves the wear and tear of going mad slowly.

Richard

europa

Postby europa » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:33 pm

It gets better. After being told nothing was likely to happen till may, it was suddenly scheduled for tomorrow - I found out at 5, also finding out that I had to brief a different barrister because the one I was going to use couldn't do it so suddenly. Grrrrr.

Anyways, I rocked up this morning and had me day in court ... almost. My barrister managed to get a settlement without going to trial.

So, it's all over ... for the moment (yeah, the ex is one of 'those'). At least I now have a firm basis on which to rebuild my life and my little princess still gets her daddy

Richard

tuco

Postby tuco » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:38 pm

europa wrote:It gets better. After being told nothing was likely to happen till may, it was suddenly scheduled for tomorrow - I found out at 5, also finding out that I had to brief a different barrister because the one I was going to use couldn't do it so suddenly. Grrrrr.

Anyways, I rocked up this morning and had me day in court ... almost. My barrister managed to get a settlement without going to trial.

So, it's all over ... for the moment (yeah, the ex is one of 'those'). At least I now have a firm basis on which to rebuild my life and my little princess still gets her daddy

Richard
Sounds like some of that could be in the complaint thread and some in the happy thread.

I hope all works out well from here.

Now get back on that bike.

europa

Postby europa » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:40 pm

tuco wrote:Now get back on that bike.
I know I should but I'm so flamin' tired a sleep in the car might be better.

Richard

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:44 pm

I feel you pain Richard

[too painful for a signature]
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Halfanewb

Postby Halfanewb » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:48 pm

europa wrote: So, it's all over ... for the moment (yeah, the ex is one of 'those').
Richard
/shudder

Grats on getting a good outcome :)

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 am

Good to hear it's worked out well Richard :D

Hook up the trailerbike, you both deserve it.

Shaun

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am

europa wrote:I know I should but I'm so flamin' tired a sleep in the car might be better.
Glad to hear things are sorted, but sleeping in the car :?:

Go ride the bike and admire the flowers and set up the tent and sleep on them :D