Old federal highway assault‏

Ross

Old federal highway assault‏

Postby Ross » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:10 pm

http://forum.vikingscycling.org.au/show ... php?t=6479" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mrgolf

Re: Old federal highway assault‏

Postby mrgolf » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:29 pm

There sure are some tosspots. Hope the cops haul him over the coals.

The commonhore at 3 sisters was a bit revvy but seemed to have settled by the time he came past. He struck me as the tosspot type.

nescius

Postby nescius » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:12 pm

:shock: wow, the guy sounds like a lunatic. I've never had any trouble out that way, and there's hardly any traffic on that road so I wouldn't expect any trouble anyway. I almost went old fed this morning but thought I'd do something different and headed off to Gundaroo instead.
Scott Spark 900 RC | Yeti Arc | Yeti SB130 | Trek Madone 4.5 | Look 695 SR ipack

mrgolf

Postby mrgolf » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Just heard he has been charged with assault. This adds to the dom violence charges already in progress, apparently. Tosspot is going down.

FXST01

Postby FXST01 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:23 pm

What's wrong with some people?

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:12 pm

FXST01 wrote:What's wrong with some people?
Methamphetamines. Been on the receiving end of that before. You don't have to have supplied a reason for them to go off.

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:10 am

mrgolf wrote:Just heard he has been charged with assault. This adds to the dom violence charges already in progress, apparently. Tosspot is going down.
He'll just get a slap on the wrist and sent to the naughty corner for a few minutes

cp123

Postby cp123 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:13 pm

if he gets a strict beak.....

otherwise he'll get jack squat. i mean we are in canberra.... :roll: i hope the people involved are okay.

nescius

Postby nescius » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Man charged with assaulting cyclists

A Bungendore man will face court next month after an alleged attack involving a trio of cyclists outside Canberra on Sunday.

The 26-year-old man has been charged with common assault after a cyclist sustained minor injuries during the alleged attack on the Old Federal Highway.

Queanbeyan Police duty officer Nicholas Hallett said the alleged incident happened about 10am.

“The three cyclists were riding on the Old Federal Highway in a group when the accused came past in his vehicle and travelled close to the riders,” he said.
Advertisement

Acting Inspector Hallett said the cyclists were “extremely concerned” at how close the driver had come to them and took note when he pulled into a nearby driveway.

“The accused came back out of the driveway and approached the three cyclists,” he said.

Acting Inspector Hallett said the accused was acting in an “aggressive manner” and pushed one of the riders over.

“The other two riders went to the aid of the rider that was pushed over and the accused left,” he said.

Officers from the Queanbeyan station attended the scene and took details from the three cyclists.

“Some minor injuries were sustained by the person that was pushed over,” he said.

Acting Inspector Hallett said the accused, who was not known to the victims, will appear in Queanbeyan Local Court next month.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... z2RAQVzFHs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scott Spark 900 RC | Yeti Arc | Yeti SB130 | Trek Madone 4.5 | Look 695 SR ipack

cp123

Postby cp123 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:03 pm

i wonder who this piece of work is... :evil:

will these cyclists get to say their piece in court against this guy? where do they advertise when people will be up before the beak in circumstances like these?

mrgolf

Postby mrgolf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Surely it takes more energy and time to be this aggressive than to just quietly fester away to themselves. I dont get it. Is it 'kick the cat' mentality?

Meanwhile I got raged with some very aggressive riding coming through the roundabpout at Antill/ Phillip Ave today by an aggressive arse in a late 80's Honda Prelude no. pl YGH 81 or 91 G. If I had got his number correctly, I would have contacted the Police by now. Moved over on me in the roundabout aggressively and then once in front kept applying the brakes. I was fumbling around in my pocket for my phone to film him but was too late. The coward drove off after he saw what I was doing. Before that it was several braking attempts and a volley of bogan abuse. I wish I had my camera mounted on my bike that my sis bought me. A shame it comes to this.

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:30 pm

There seems to be a increase of !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! coming out of the woodworks lately.

Had the passenger of a car start screaming obscenities and telling me to get off the road at the Melrose and Adelaide Ave roundabout sliplane. Scared me so bad I bitch slap him. Ok I might have accelerate to get into range a small bit but I still claim self defence.

Made my fingers tingle a bit but must have shocked them so bad that they just drove off.

This was not the first time for abuse but certainly the most aggressive.
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

cp123

Postby cp123 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:33 pm

crikey - that's my happy haunting area - did you get any of the car details jordan? i'll keep my eyes out... :evil:

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:58 pm

cp123 wrote:crikey - that's my happy haunting area - did you get any of the car details jordan? i'll keep my eyes out... :evil:
Unfortunately no details. To be honest I was a little shooken and expected the car to come back and run me over. Ask Twizzle how I looked when I met up with him.

To be honest I have started to look for rides that avoid Melrose. The two strets that drivera use as rat runs and never slow down when entering and the amount of loose gravel caused by the resurfacing make the road really unpleasant.
James

mrgolf

Postby mrgolf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:34 pm

How fortuitous for me. On my way home from picking up the kids: silver prelude - YGH 81G - drives past. Report filed.

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:52 pm

mrgolf wrote:How fortuitous for me. On my way home from picking up the kids: silver prelude - YGH 81G - drives past. Report filed.
Sweet
James

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:00 am

cp123 wrote:i wonder who this piece of work is... :evil:

will these cyclists get to say their piece in court against this guy? where do they advertise when people will be up before the beak in circumstances like these?
DId you read the bit where about a year ago he allegedly pulled a machete on 3 cyclists in the same area? :x

Try here for upcoming court cases - http://www.lawfoundation.net.au/ljf/app ... 7F66C6#ACT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Ross wrote:
cp123 wrote:i wonder who this piece of work is... :evil:

DId you read the bit where about a year ago he allegedly pulled a machete on 3 cyclists in the same area? :x

Try here for upcoming court cases - http://www.lawfoundation.net.au/ljf/app ... 7F66C6#ACT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One of the problems with verbal only evidence. Becomes our story vs theirs. Recent events have made me think about riding with the camera more
James

mrgolf

Postby mrgolf » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:21 pm

My thinking is if its reported then its on record. A few reports of road rage and aggressive behaviour sets a pattern that police can eventually use. Its still completely scheit that 9 times out of 10, depending on severity, motorists can get away with it.

As for cameras, I am very tempted too. My sister bought me one for xmas and I need to look into how it works. Its a shame I feel it necessary, but you just never know...

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:02 pm

I believe Twizzle was the victim today

http://forum.vikingscycling.org.au/show ... #post63903" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just to refresh the warning to be careful out on the old fed hwy.
Today, a bunch of vets on the way out to race had a run in with some 'locals' out that way. White Holden sedan, not the same rego as SueK described but suspect it was same guys. Claim it is there private road. Basically it got pretty nasty, they drove behind 2 of us with engine revving, horn going etc until I pulled over. Then verbal abuse, and ended up knocking one of the masters riders from his bike with the car. Anyway police were called etc etc but PLEASE take care out that way. These guys aren't sane and they are pissed off.

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Shaken and stirred.

Sent from my iThingy...
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

gabrielle260

Postby gabrielle260 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Hope you are ok Twizzle!
It sounds scary!

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:16 pm

All the best Twiz hope you ok.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:04 pm

twizzle wrote:Shaken and stirred.

Sent from my iThingy...
Ouch Twizzle,

No sign of any such behaviour out at the race, if they were there they didn't have the courage to continue.

I keep reminding myself that it is only a fraction of a percent that are lunatics, it's a shame that they leave more of an impression than hundreds of others who are much more worthwhile members of society.

We can only hope that they get some re-education one way or another.

Hope to see you at Dairy Flat.

Cheers,

Cameron

nescius

Postby nescius » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:13 pm

I was out that way today, saw the vets racing so must have been there around the same time... didn't notice any commodores though. It is a worry that there are people like this freely wandering the streets, they need to be locked up. Hope you are ok Twizzle.