TCR advanced owners: where to mount rear light?

Marty Moose

Re: TCR advanced owners: where to mount rear light?

Postby Marty Moose » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:05 am

The moon strap is fine.I've been using rubber straps for a few years now on my giants never had a failure.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

JessicaAlba

Postby JessicaAlba » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Pretty ugly in this how-to, but could easily be made to look more the part http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Aero_sea ... _3381.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, since we are discussing tail light preferences, just got hold of a Knog Blinder (the 70 lumen version)...seriously blinding!
Felt F2/DuraAce/FSA/DA C35s/Gatorskins

2014 Scott Addict Team Issue/DA9000/Syncros RL1.1/Zipp 404/Gatorskins

open roader

Postby open roader » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Still reckon the Cateye RM-1 saddle rail mount is the trick, uber neat, light tucks in under the saddle - keeps the light high up for better visability and away from tyre fling.

3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:08 pm

open roader wrote:Still reckon the Cateye RM-1 saddle rail mount is the trick, uber neat, light tucks in under the saddle - keeps the light high up for better visability and away from tyre fling.
Might not work with some saddle bags though.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

open roader

Postby open roader » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:38 pm

HAKS wrote:
open roader wrote:Still reckon the Cateye RM-1 saddle rail mount is the trick, uber neat, light tucks in under the saddle - keeps the light high up for better visability and away from tyre fling.
Might not work with some saddle bags though.
or those who wear elongated tail jackets - I saw a cyclist this morning with a (presumed) water proof riding jacket that draped a good 6-8 inches over the back of the saddle.........
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

Ryven

Postby Ryven » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:09 am

I use a moon shield: http://www.moon-sport.com/product-detail.php?id=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Before that I used what I think was an older version of the comet that required I remove the whole thing every time I recharged it - wasn't difficult, just didn't want to have to, it seems they've changed it so you just unclip the new lights and the mounts stays in place.

They come with a rubberized mounting strap so they shouldn't scratch or leave marks. As for how far they'll stretch, the guy at the store tried it out for me on the thickest aero seatpost they had and it managed.