question about rollers

metalrideroz

question about rollers

Postby metalrideroz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm stuck not riding outside for a while. I have a quick question or two about rollers as I have never even thought about this option before. I just need to get my legs moving again and work on getting a base level of fitness back.I still need to do some more googling but;
1. Will it destroy my normal tyres? Do I need to buy a set of trainer tyres? (tacx, conti home trainer etc.)
2. Any reason not to buy these? http://www.velogear.com.au/bike-rollers-a3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

toolonglegs

Re: question about rollers

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:45 pm

They are good on tyres... But the so is my mag trainer. But no, for rollers don't need to fit different tyres.
Can't comment on brands as I was given mine so have never done any research on them.
I won't say I love rollers as I find riding inside on anything horrible. But I prefer them to the nag trainer... Plus the concentration needed to ride them makes the time pass faster.

metalrideroz

Postby metalrideroz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes riding inside sucks but I figured less so than going to a gym. I had not considered a trainer as I thought it would get boring and I also need to buy special axle nuts to fit as I was going to use the fixed gear not my road bike. I also need to limit sessions to about 20 minutes anyway.

DavidI

Postby DavidI » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:25 pm

I heard once the Soviet national team members (back in the day when there was a Soviet Union) used to do at least 15 minutes on the rollers each day to help their form if it as good enough for them.......
If you want a bit of variety, Bicycling Australia magazine published an article a while back which had a few different roller-based workouts, might be worth tracking down