2013 Queensland Cycling Events

GeoffInBrisbane

Re: 2013 Queensland Cycling Events

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:58 pm

brett.hooker wrote:I saw that London Pride jersey!!! Very distinctive!!!

Was a great ride...
Rats, that's two* BNAers I could have said hello to but didn't! It was indeed a lovely ride (damn cold to start with though, I didn't really warm up until Wynnum).

*at least, probably. I did see one other guy in the same jersey (first time I've seen another in Brisbane). Naturally I told him I liked his jersey. :)
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

koen

Postby koen » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Had a question for forum members who may have done many "big event' rides.

Do they all have the level of chaos that Brissie t Bay has?

What about similar rides interstate?
One friend wants to know in case we plan any further event rides.

My first Brissie to Bay and my last. I really wasn't looking forward to it because I hate the attention levels caused by the sheer numbers and the mixture of rider levels. I have also done (with the same 'team' of VI riders and pilots from Guide Dogs on tandems) the BMW ride a couple of times. It has slightly less problems because they group the riders in speeds but there are those inevitable bunch ups when tired riders at the bottom of hills just spread out (without looking?) Tandems keep straighter lines and just have a different momentum so people pulling across is a panic. The other pilots today were just so over it by the end.

I had a relative with MS so happy to raise money but next year I'll ride the other way :D

And before anyone comments we are VERY experienced. One guy has raced world cup events on the track. (There was the odd negative comment about tandems today)

Lukeyboy wrote:Yep they really need to address how they handle the finish. Packs of people hitting 40-50kph up hills mixing it with people walking and others at crawling pace. It's a really great ride but damn that finish is messy!

RonK

Postby RonK » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Most do. My wife was knocked down two years in a row on the Gold Coast ride, and again at the Ipswich 100. Poor rider etiquette was almost the rule rather than the exception.

We used to do all the big rides in SEQ, now we don't do any. After all, we can (and frequently do) take a 100 km Brisbane to bay ride almost any weekend without any gumbies or desperates chopping us up.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

koen

Postby koen » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Yeah. I understand when you get thousands on the road it will be chaos and it is difficult for organisers but injuries take the shine off.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Yes and no. It all depends on the course layout and the pack/group you are riding in. The problem I have with the Brissie to the Bay is that 3 distance groups all merge into one single corridor with vastly different rider abilities, speed differences and rider energy left in the tank. For example I was leading at the head of a small group going a little faster than other riders around but approach any hill and suddenly its instantly a 30kph speed difference weaving inbetween people all over the road without causing someone to run up the ass of you because you braked/lifted off at the head of a group but when you get to the next hill everyone is at the top.

Same with the return run along Stanley Street. The slower riders hogging the lane forcing the faster riders to jump into the next lane with cars that are going slower to overtake. Its really only the rest point at Wynumn to the finish. You have riders that have done the 100km start to klonk out in the final stages, you have 50km riders klonking out, the remaining riders from the 25km groups are starting to fatigue, there are riders that race bikes/comfortable with the distance so they have the legs/can maintain the speed over the whole 100km, traffic is starting to become an issue, space is an issue, a large numbers of riders thinking they are now pro but still lack spacial awareness of whats happening beside/behind or 2-3-4 riders infront of them, rider inexperience and to top it all off people riding bikes that should not even be in the event. I passed 2 blokes along Gympie Road early in the morning riding weird bikes and I thought as I passed doing 50kph "I really hope they aren't going to be riding those bikes in the event today". Sure enough I came across this just after the 25km/75km rest point.

I understand that its for charity but riding a cargo bike is just stupidity when you get to any hills, built up areas and the narrow available space at the end with the amount of riders in the event. Standing on the road, at the bottom of a hill, into a fast and wide roundabout while your mate changes a flat on the grass is also just stupid.

I honestly find the smaller longer rides better. Like the Prince Charles Hospital Landsborough-Brisbane ride or the Brisbane to Ipswich ride. Both are still long distance (100k and 60k) rides but without the high profile tag or the crazy amounts of riders. They are cheaper to enter, they are more enjoyable to ride, they go through less populated areas, flat bars and mountain bikes are more rare to see there than the tandems, the only people you see in plain clothing are marshals, they usually have free food at the end and you get a goodies bag. That being said there's always bound to be accidents from someone with poor etiquette or just a general accident but 110% I enjoy the smaller organized rides of about 600 riders over the rides that have thousands of riders.

koen

Postby koen » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Thanks for those comments. Good to know which rides are smaller/less chaotic. I did think the general level of keeping to the left was poor and people staying two abreast to pass others two abreast ..slowly.. was just obviously wrong but then some speedster would go wider anyway instead of slowing for the traffic.

I wasn't concerned by the cargo bikes. When I saw them they were not being in the way. Plenty of others on single bikes were riding slowly alone 3 metres from the curb.

RonK

Postby RonK » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:31 pm

koen wrote:I did think the general level of keeping to the left was poor and people staying two abreast to pass others two abreast ..slowly.. was just obviously wrong but then some speedster would go wider anyway instead of slowing for the traffic.
I went on a Bicycle Victoria ride in Tassie. This behaviour put me off ever doing another.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:42 pm

To be honest I didn't have too many issues... I did get squeezed at one point, but nothing too terrifying. The good thing from our point of view was that we were riding in a bunch and all knew each other/had ridden with each other before, so although we were passing/passed by other riders, we weren't actually riding with others. Wasn't really going fast enough for the speed differential thing to occur, except for when I decided to haul arse up Stephens Road at the end, chasing a couple from our group who had gone off ahead. That was fun, but I caught them 2/3 of the way up, so eased off. Not too bad though - stay wide, and it's a straight road there so no worries.

Landsborough was good...just watched Luke's highlights video and enjoyed reliving the ride (disappointed not to see myself though). Luke, did you find out how that guy was on the deck coming in to the finish?
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

clydesmcdale

Postby clydesmcdale » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Have to agree it was a bit of an effort dealing with the masses this morning.

Even in groups that were travelling quicker the etiquette and awareness of others was very poor. Staying 2 abreast, filling the gap in the bunch, drifting sideways, slowing and weaving on climbs was all over the shop this morning. Found myself off the front most of the time just to stay out away. But when I caught or was caught most of the time had to deal with some pretty poor riding.

Won't be doing this own again. B2GC was fine as I as a closer to the front, much less passing and riding with more experienced bunch riders.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:02 pm

GeoffInBrisbane wrote:how that guy was on the deck coming in to the finish?
He clipped the inside of the speed bump. Instead of it being a speed bump across the whole road there is a gap in the middle with paint over the edges. Quiet easy to misjudge from a distance as it blends in. Its only when you're a metre or two away that you notice the real gap.
Have to agree it was a bit of an effort dealing with the masses this morning.
I turned up 30 minutes late. Instead of starting near the front I started at the very back. How do you think I felt charging down wave after wave :P haha.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:16 pm

koen wrote:
I wasn't concerned by the cargo bikes. When I saw them they were not being in the way. Plenty of others on single bikes were riding slowly alone 3 metres from the curb.
I didn't have any issues with them for the out of the city bits but Stanley street, the single lane with witches hat placement or the single lane finish at the end would have been a squeeze for them with all the other riders finishing.

WMC1

Postby WMC1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi all, I was not in the event this year, but I road through parts of it on one of my usual Sunday routes. I met up with a slow group trundling up Wynnum road taking up the entire left hand lane! I had to overtake a large group in the right hand lane to avoid the swerving nature of inexperienced riders whom a majority shat themselves as I road passed echoing passing, PASSING, PASSING RIGHT.

Just a bit of advice for mass riding newbie’s, don’t ride with flipping iPod headphones in your ears, it makes it easier to hear someone approaching from behind and you wont crap in your Knicks when we pass by and you can hear us as we call out….hello common sense!!

The road closure of rickets road was also interesting as I road my usual pace of around 38 to 40km/h past the slow coaches trying to avoid the safety hats down the centre.

I saw the photo’s of the cart conversions? Why would you ride that POS in a mass event? They really need to consider entrance rules for equipment and riding etiquette.
Work is something I do in between cycling.

Bikes: 1 x Steel 26” Cruiser, 2 x Alloy Roadies, 1 x Full Carbon Roadie.
It is unfair if only one bike gets all the attention.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:46 pm

WMC1 wrote: The road closure of rickets road was also interesting as I road my usual pace of around 38 to 40km/h...<snip>

I saw the photo’s of the cart conversions? Why would you ride that POS in a mass event? They really need to consider entrance rules for equipment and riding etiquette.
United we stand, divided we fall....no wonder the cycle haters are winning!

Really, what concern is it of yours what another chooses to ride, on a mass participation event or other???
People ride these events at their own risk, the MS society is hardly going to start creating rules about what type of bike people can ride in their major fund raising event.

Seriously, if you didn't want to get caught up in the event, why would you ride in the area?
Take you speed racer attitude somewhere else, like to a crit track and see how you fare...then again maybe not as you appear to have little regard for anyone but yourself, which ain't pretty in a race.

And fwiw, I dont do this ride for many of the reasons listed here...I choose to stay well away from the area and ride elsewhere...it's not like we don't have other options :roll:
Lisa

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Just a FYI, there are a basic set of rules that come with your rider pack and when your registering. 100km riders have restrictions on the types of bikes that can enter while I don't recall seeing restrictions for the 25km and 50km riders.

The bits in bold were what I saw a lot of.

29. What is the ride etiquette?
In the interest of providing a safe and enjoyable event experience for all participants, cyclists should be mindful of ride etiquette:
Keep to the left to allow other cyclists to pass on the right
Do not ride more than 2 abreast
Do not stop or change directions suddenly
Do not double back on the course
Be courteous to your fellow riders at all times
Always follow the directions of all ride officials and emergency service personnel

34. Can I stop or push my bike?
Walking/pushing your bike is permitted however cyclists should be aware of the cut off times, and keep to the far left or on the footpath when doing so.

35. Can I run or enter with something other than a bike?
Scooters, roller blading, skating, skipping or running are not permitted in this event. This is a push-bike event and as such, only push bikes are allowed to enter.

I agree its ride at your own risk and don't get me wrong its all for a well deserved cause but as the event keeps growing and becomes bigger and bigger with the same awful lane/road restrictions in place there needs to be some rules or a new course finish. At the end I bailed into the general traffic as it was safer than riding with the weavers in the separated lane... also managed to jump about 30 riders in the process too :P

WMC1

Postby WMC1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:32 pm

marinmomma wrote:
WMC1 wrote: The road closure of rickets road was also interesting as I road my usual pace of around 38 to 40km/h...<snip>

United we stand, divided we fall....no wonder the cycle haters are winning!

Really, what concern is it of yours what another chooses to ride, on a mass participation event or other???
People ride these events at their own risk, the MS society is hardly going to start creating rules about what type of bike people can ride in their major fund raising event.

Seriously, if you didn't want to get caught up in the event, why would you ride in the area?
Take you speed racer attitude somewhere else, like to a crit track and see how you fare...then again maybe not as you appear to have little regard for anyone but yourself, which ain't pretty in a race.

And fwiw, I dont do this ride for many of the reasons listed here...I choose to stay well away from the area and ride elsewhere...it's not like we don't have other options :roll:
You should really get your facts right prior to unleashing derogatory remarks against others that you know nothing about. Judging by your puerile comments you have little regards for safety.

I participate in many charity events and always obey the rules and the law. It is not my fault that I have above average cycling skills. I do not nor have any inclination to compete in races nor do I have the interest in competing with others on the road.

Perhaps you should familiarise yourself with the rules of the event here, http://www.brissietothebay.com.au/about ... and-safety, many of which I witnessed being broken, such as the wheelbarrow with pedals cutting people off and others weaving all over the place like they had consumed half a bottle scotch, failing to give way, riding five abreast on a main road, need I continue...

Other events have similar rules and entry regulations if you wish to peruse them at your leisure.

On the next occasion I shall wear my video camera and provide more substantial evidence as others have done in the scripts above.

Anyway, I have wasted enough time on this subject, I have a bachelors degree to work on.....Cheerio.
Work is something I do in between cycling.

Bikes: 1 x Steel 26” Cruiser, 2 x Alloy Roadies, 1 x Full Carbon Roadie.
It is unfair if only one bike gets all the attention.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:51 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Just a FYI, there are a basic set of rules that come with your rider pack and when your registering. 100km riders have restrictions on the types of bikes that can enter while I don't recall seeing restrictions for the 25km and 50km riders.

The bits in bold were what I saw a lot of.

29. What is the ride etiquette?
In the interest of providing a safe and enjoyable event experience for all participants, cyclists should be mindful of ride etiquette:
Keep to the left to allow other cyclists to pass on the right
Do not ride more than 2 abreast
Do not stop or change directions suddenly
Do not double back on the course
Be courteous to your fellow riders at all times
Always follow the directions of all ride officials and emergency service personnel

34. Can I stop or push my bike?
Walking/pushing your bike is permitted however cyclists should be aware of the cut off times, and keep to the far left or on the footpath when doing so.

35. Can I run or enter with something other than a bike?
Scooters, roller blading, skating, skipping or running are not permitted in this event. This is a push-bike event and as such, only push bikes are allowed to enter.

I agree its ride at your own risk and don't get me wrong its all for a well deserved cause but as the event keeps growing and becomes bigger and bigger with the same awful lane/road restrictions in place there needs to be some rules or a new course finish. At the end I bailed into the general traffic as it was safer than riding with the weavers in the separated lane... also managed to jump about 30 riders in the process too :P
Thanks for that Luke...

If people had 'bikes' that didn't meet the entry rules, then the organisers should be policing their rules and denying those people entry to the course, it would be in their best interests to do so...I have to wonder how they get their permits each year given the riding behaviour displayed by some participants?

Having 3 groups of riders with a huge degree of difference in riding ability all merging together with traffic should be looked at.

This mass participation ride is a double edged sword for me.
Last edited by marinmomma on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa

Mustang

Postby Mustang » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:54 pm

After reading the above I'm going to throw a spanner into the works...I enjoyed the day.
Sure the run in is busy, but if you want to ride at a hectic pace perhaps its not the event for you.
One has to read the traffic ahead, but at 40/50km I imagine it would be difficult ?
My uncle died of MS so I'm pleased to be able to help in my small way.
Lots of young people there in wheel chairs would love to trade places with you as a rider.

Having said that:
There's no reason for the organisers to not follow their own rules.
I've ridden the Conquer Cancer the past two years & the two events are chalk & cheese.
Last edited by Mustang on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:57 pm

WMC1 wrote: You should really get your facts right prior to unleashing derogatory remarks against others that you know nothing about. Judging by your puerile comments you have little regards for safety.

Anyway, I have wasted enough time on this subject, I have a bachelors degree to work on.....Cheerio.
How you can draw that conclusion from my comments above remain a mystery...I could say more however I will refrain.

Good luck with the study.
Lisa

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Mustang wrote:After reading the above I'm going to throw a spanner into the works...I enjoyed the day.
Sure the run in is busy, but if you want to ride at a hectic pace perhaps its not the event for you.
One has to read the traffic ahead, but at 40/50km I imagine it would be difficult ?
Lots of young people there in wheel chairs would love to trade places with you as a rider.

Agreed Mustang, it's certainly a great cause. And for the speed racers it's probably not the best event.
Lisa

DarrenL

Postby DarrenL » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Mustang wrote:After reading the above I'm going to throw a spanner into the works...I enjoyed the day.

Having said that:
There's no reason for the organisers to not follow their own rules.
I've ridden the Conquer Cancer the past two years & the two events are chalk & cheese.
agree with this
my g/f and I participated on Sunday. Great day overall
we aren't fast, but we are getting there. Last time we went on this ride we took nearly 4 hours to complete the 50km, this time we knocked it over in just under 2.5hrs. So we averaged around 20kph. We sit on around 22-28kph on the flats and probably dropped as low as 13kph up the steeper hills. We tried to keep to the left where possible, but it wasn't always possible as medium slow riders were also overtaking the slow-slow riders... As mentioned there are several speed groups in this ride. You have kids, riders who have bitten off more than they can chew so really struggle and/or stop, casual riders right up to the full blown high speed riders. Put all this into the one mix along with car traffic smack bang in the middle of Brisbane's CBD and you are bound to have problems.

We tried to be mindful of the faster riders, but the second half of the 50km was downright dangerous, with the elite riders coming up from the back - the speed difference was crazy. Whilst the slower riders weren't always showing a lot of consideration (keep in mind the slower riders usually aren't overly experienced) there wasn't a lot of consideration shown by some of the faster riders either. I had faster riders tearing past me at 10-15kph faster around corners where clearly the pack had to bunch together and the newbies usually take very wide lines. I almost got shoved into 3 faster riders with absolutely no consideration or foresight as to what was going on. These guys are experienced riders and have the advantage of approaching from behind the pack where they can see what's ahead. I was constantly looking over my shoulder watching for these guys, as I tried to merge out to pass other slower cyclists - nearly ended up the back end of a parked car.....

As Mustang said, the Brissie to the Bay ride is primarily a fun charity ride. It's designed to be fun for all ages and experience levels. It's never going to be a speed trial, there are events specifically aimed at riders who want this. I relate it to track days with my car. We have 'happy laps' and 'sprint days'. Happy Laps you have stock standard cars with drivers who have never driven on a racetrack before. They don't know anything about racing lines, apex's, watching mirrors for faster cars etc. So at these events you understand you aren't going to cut a record lap or anywhere near it. You just have to sit back and be patient, give the inexperienced drivers a wide berth, and prepare for unexpected moves. Sprint days on the other hand, you are expected to know the rules, watch for other drivers, go flat out and get your best time. However I must agree with an earlier post that organisers maybe need to look at limiting what sort of 'bikes' can enter. My g/f's bike got clipped by a bike towing a baby trailer behind it. Both the other rider and the g/f were at 'fault' as they kind of merged into each other. Problem was the baby trailer had 2 wheels on the back, was considerably wider than the bike towing it and it was offset to one side. This bike/trailer combo was passing the g/f down a hill, she saw the bike pass but didn't realise there was a trailer behind it sticking out about a foot to the kerb side. Both bikes moved a couple of inches toward each other as it passed and bang.... Lucky no-one came off. But with the increased crowds, it's a struggle to keep single bikes off each other, it's an accident waiting to happen to stick bike trailers amoungst it all.

final comment, with the increasing numbers of this event it really needs to either have better traffic control or look at other options. The g/f and I were discussing the idea that they could break the event up over Saturday & Sunday. Maybe the 100km riders on the Saturday and the rest on the Sunday ? I think that would minimise the speed difference between the slowest and fastest riders.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Which therein lies the problem. Everyone has a different view of their abilities and what they are comfortable maintaining. Riders have different equipment - heavy flat bar mountain bikes with trainers vs 6kg carbonfibre aero road bikes with clipless pedals, riders comfortable averaging 30+kph without pushing over 100km without stopping vs riders comfortable averaging 15-20kph, riders that might not cycle alot get caught up with the fast paced group riding completely locked on visually to the wheel infront before burning themselves out when it came to those final few hills at the end. All that and more like traffic lights (I think I had 3 or 4 red lights from the start to Lindum railway station where I then had to stop 14 times between the Lindum exit from the Port of Brisbane Motorway to the finish) all get thrown together with cars, built up traffic and narrow "temp" event lanes into the final 15/20km. Alot of the time the riders in the 100km group have been maintaining that speed for the 75km before joining up with the slower riders. Take the start for me. I was feeling a bit sluggish and slow at the start because I was riding 20-30kph thinking I was maintaining speed at the front of the wave following the police motorbike while in fact I had managed to put a gap of about 100m over everyone else between the first turn and the 7-11 at the Tafe on the next block over. For riders in the other distance groups they might have been comfortable maintaining that speed or others still might think that was still too fast to maintain. It wasn't until I actually ramped up my pace even faster to 30-45kph where I felt more comfortable on the bike.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:29 am

geez I'm happy I don't do this one. Read similar comments after last years. Seems like nothing has changed.

Mustang

Postby Mustang » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:14 pm

I think DarrenL is on the money with two days, the chairs tents etc were there on Saturday with no use, so why not run two days.
The food was abysmal with so many on one day, so with half the people on the Sunday (say 100km riders only) then every thing would be spread out & more co-ordinated.
Every one hopes the event will raise more money in the future with more riders, but we don't want it at a cost of some ones life?
PS:
I saw the rider with two kids in the trailer???? as a grandfather my grandkids would not have been there!!!
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

morini

Postby morini » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:41 am

If I go one of these rides I do it for the chance to ride with hundreds or thousands of other cyclists instead of tin tops. I don't go on them to prove how fast or slow or experienced I am. Cycling is a united front so these events let us share that philosophy. It's almost a pity we have access to forums like this because all of this conjecture over differing opinions is ridiculous. Who really cares what anyone thinks about these rides. If you keep going on you'll just end up arguing and misinterpreting each more and more so why bother?

These rides are to raise money for charity, end of story. If you have an opinion or problem about an event and you think your opinion is valuable, contact the organisers instead of bleating about it here. They're the ones who would appreciate knowing this stuff not us. Who knows you could make the next event even better for everyone else.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:18 pm

If I knew people wanted to see how fast I was I would have averaged more than 31kph :twisted: :twisted: But you are always going to get some that want to have a little thrill on these large types of rides. A lot of the time its from people that don't regularly race or ride in large groups. As I said earlier some people would have been comfortable averaging 30-40kph in parts with no/minimal issues from other riders. I've said this over and over; Its a fantastic ride but the only issue is the very last section where 25km, 50km, 100km riders all with different experience levels/bikes/footwear ie casual shoes vs bike shoes with cleats and traffic all merge into the small amount of space from Balmoral to the finishing area. You have slower riders holding up traffic (usually by riding 2 or more abreast preventing cars and other riders from safely overtaking). Drivers getting frustrated behind slower riders. Faster riders getting frustrated at the slower riders blocking the lane effectively. The less experienced riders wheel sucking as if they were the A grade riders at the Nundah crit circuit. Riders failing to check before merging. Faster riders forced into other lanes/oncoming traffic. Parked cars. Merging traffic. Traffic pulling over. All the riders merging into a single lane with signage and witches hats placed in the lane/knocked over. Most of the things I've stated here I've mentioned to the event organizers. I even went a bit further sending them photos. The first 75-85km brilliant and enjoyable. Final 15-10km better keep an extra eye out.

Dealing with parked traffic on the left. Riders not looking or maintaining their lines/not paying attention to those overtaking/forcing faster people onto the wrong side of the road to overtake.

Poor traffic setups.

People participating not on bikes.

Anyhoo. Here are some up and coming events.
CSF Community Ride - 21st July 100/50/25/3 km events - http://247csf.com.au/event/247-cycling- ... nity-ride/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lions Youth Outreach Moreton Bay 100 - 11th August 160/100/50km events - http://moretonbay100.org.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ride4MD - 25th August 86km event - http://www.everydayhero.com.au/event/ride4md2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And the Gatorade Queensland Tri Series kicks off again at the Sunshine Coast (for the very first time at Kawana Waters) on the 22nd September - http://www.qldtriseries.com.au/index.ph ... on-round-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;