Bracciano C50T - Carbon Tubular

antipodean

Re: Bracciano C50T - Carbon Tubular

Postby antipodean » Fri May 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Slvr32gtr wrote:Bit off topic, but I just put my order through for a set of Pro-Lite Bracciano's (alloy 27mm profile version) to replace my Dura-Ace C24's
What prompted the downgrade?

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:57 pm

antipodean wrote:
Slvr32gtr wrote:Bit off topic, but I just put my order through for a set of Pro-Lite Bracciano's (alloy 27mm profile version) to replace my Dura-Ace C24's
What prompted the downgrade?
The only downgrade he's done is in expenditure. I'd put Bracciano's up against C24's everyday of the week, ride them back to back and if you still spend the extra for the C24's you've got too much money :-)

I guess next week we'll have someone who can write us a comparison review.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

clydesmcdale

Postby clydesmcdale » Mon May 20, 2013 9:59 am

jacks1071 wrote:
clydesmcdale wrote:Looking at the prices on c r c of these wheels accompanied with the rep they've been getting through here at BNA, i'm tempted to just purchase a set of 50mm in lieu of rebuilding my chinese carbons (which I've been mostly dissapointed with).

The decals can't easily be removed - they are actually a transfer, not a sticker. I'm not sure why you'd want to anyway. If you want something with no decals buy some no-name chinese ones.

If you're going to pay the extra for a quality product might as well have the people around you know about it.

For the price we're selling this model at its a marketing exercise. If everyone removed the decals I might as well not bother bringing them in.
Not particularly keen on doing the advertising of someone else's product at the detriment of my own aesthetics. Removing decals may be one avenue to a stealth look, another is along the lines of what campag, zipp, enve, lightweight are doing with their range of black label/dark label decals. The muted aesthetics is something I associate with very high end products (not just bike gear either).

I'd encourage Pro-lite to investigate the option of releasing a dark label set, as there is certainly interest on my behalf, and I would assume from other also.

Slvr32gtr

Postby Slvr32gtr » Mon May 20, 2013 10:38 am

antipodean wrote:What prompted the downgrade?
I have been researching and looking around for a shallow, alloy braking surface clincher wheelset for a few weeks now and the Bracciano's were in the mix. It came down to some custom TWE's, Bracciano's, Dura-ace 9000 C24's, Mavic Kysrium Elite SLS, Zipp 101's, and Fast Forward F4R's.

My only concern with the dura-ace wheels is that when you are really leaning on them in a sprint, the 16 spoke front wheel feels a little too flexy, so the additional spokes on the other options were a consideration.

Considering I will be using these wheels for 90% training and climbing and only racing on them for windy days or hilly stages (have carbons for normal race duties), the Bracciano's were worth the punt at the price-point as far as i was concerned. A few of the guys in the club have been using them for years with no issues, and reading through the magazine tests and testimonies of real life buyers also gave me confidence in the Pro-Lite wheels.

Buying from an Aus distributor gave me piece of mind over ordering a factory set of wheels from a UK site (as the price difference from buying locally is too much to justify).

But I shall find out for myself how they compare to the dura-ace wheels once they arrive!

Edit: And to add to that, I wouldnt have even had to look at new wheels if Shimano didnt price replacement rims at such a ridiculous amount! Its a bit sad that the hubs and spokes are potentially going to waste.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon May 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Slvr32gtr wrote:But I shall find out for myself how they compare to the dura-ace wheels once they arrive!
am interested to see how the comparo goes. your current wheels would be the c24 7900?
getting the 2013 bracciano's (11 speed compatible)?

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:54 pm

clydesmcdale wrote:I'd encourage Pro-lite to investigate the option of releasing a dark label set, as there is certainly interest on my behalf, and I would assume from other also.
Agree with you 100% and I am looking into this. I do have a shipment to sell through first though before it becomes an option.

Matt black is so "IN" right now. Pro-Lite have gone that way, black on black with most their frames. Seems like a natural progression to do it with the wheels.

If I place a big enough order they'll paint them any colour I request. In the meantime there is nothing to stop someone a little crafty using some black vinal to "customise" the look of their wheels.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

Slvr32gtr

Postby Slvr32gtr » Mon May 20, 2013 2:19 pm

jasonc wrote:
Slvr32gtr wrote:But I shall find out for myself how they compare to the dura-ace wheels once they arrive!
am interested to see how the comparo goes. your current wheels would be the c24 7900?
getting the 2013 bracciano's (11 speed compatible)?
I will be sure to report back once i have had a good back to back test of both sets of wheels.

The Pro-Lites actually arrived today and look fantastic! Hubs feel very smooth and the new 2013 graphics look great. Cheers for the quick service from your team Deon/Jacks1071, I saw your card tucked in with the invoice :)

I am currently running the WH7850 C24s that are advertised as 1380g for the pair.

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Fri May 24, 2013 3:55 pm

For those who have been asking for the Bracciano Caliente C45 Full Carbon Clincher, they are in store now and on special for those who are quick to order.

http://www.pro-liteoz.com/store/index.p ... oductId=99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri May 24, 2013 4:39 pm

The weight difference in the tubs vs clinchers in that price bracket is pretty insane :shock:

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Xplora wrote:The weight difference in the tubs vs clinchers in that price bracket is pretty insane :shock:
Tubular is always going to be lighter.

Phil

Postby Phil » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Had them on for a day now.

Can't believe I waited so long to get them. Spin up nicely, roll very well.

Running the Gatorskin Sprinters, they are noticably faster, and comfy through my usual circuit of Kings Park. Used to 23mm GP4000S and Campagnolo Shamal Ultras on the Bianchi. I have tried Vittoria CX2 Evos, which were fast and comfy, but lasted 1500kms max, and definately nastier to get on than the tubs....

Lets just see how long I get out of the Gatorskins.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:00 pm

^^ Assuming you wished you chose to get the wheels earlier in the cycling career, as opposed to Deon taking forever to deliver?

Phil

Postby Phil » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Xplora wrote:^^ Assuming you wished you chose to get the wheels earlier in the cycling career, as opposed to Deon taking forever to deliver?
Haha. No just the eternal battle with my inner stinge.

Deon shipped em pretty quick, and switched over the freehub to Campy to boot.

What I want now is a cheapy set of tubby rims for tyre stretching duties. Cheapest I have seen is $31 a pop on Chain Reaction, doubt I will find anything locally for less than $72 for the pair shipped.

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:25 pm

You can even stretch tubulars on clincher rims.

Second hand rims pop up on eBay every now and then, I got some for about $40 for the same purpose, then got excited and built them into my criterium wheels.

Cheers,

Cameron

Phil

Postby Phil » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Stuck a few hundred kms on the 22mm Gatorskin Sprinters (110psi rear, 100psi front), grippy, great ride, certainly no slower feeling than the 25mm GP4000s Clinchers. No punctures touch wood - and I have ridden on wet roads. I am a convert to tubs.

Especially when I got the Gators (AT) $36 a pop on Wiggle - got 4, should have bought more.

Will even throw up a picture when its dry enough to bother washing my bike ;-)

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:43 pm

If you get a chance Phil please feel free to post some photos of your rig onto our facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ProLite.Australia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:48 am

NO! Keep your endlessly sexy deep dish pictures to yourself! I cannot afford to be tempted!!!

*sob*

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:19 pm

Xplora wrote:NO! Keep your endlessly sexy deep dish pictures to yourself! I cannot afford to be tempted!!!

*sob*
Sorry, sorry - I can't help myself :-)

Here is a set of Bracciano Caliente C45's

Here is a set of Bracciano C50's that'll be doing the ladies QRTS rounds

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Noice... the Supersix looks a bit chaotic but in a great way... like a harlequin design...

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Xplora wrote:Noice... the Supersix looks a bit chaotic but in a great way... like a harlequin design...
Everyone is sending in their pictures today!!

I won't name the customer but he's on here somewhere :-)

"Thanks Deon, these bracciano's are simply awesome, had my first ride on them yesterday and strava nearly had a melt down!! Wheels are FAST that I'm worried about getting speeding fines!! Cheers"

Phil

Postby Phil » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:55 pm

Getting used to the whole carbon brake thing is bit strange, they work well but seem a bit more "Grabby" than ali brake tracks, even in the wet. Liking the gatorskins still decently grippy on the strangely wet roads, and no visits from the puncture fairies - touch wood....

My little ol Bianchi aint in the same league of sexy as the S-Works :-( Still waiting for the rain to stop for cleaning duties - whoever thought matt white would be a good colour :shock:

Phil

Postby Phil » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:44 pm

My Bianchi sorta clean after Swan Cyclo Sportif today. Got visited by the puncture fairies on the Gatorskins today on the third lap, the Tufo Sealant seems to be holding up fine though. Quite impressive how you are still riding on rubber rather rather than rims when you flat

schroeds

Postby schroeds » Fri May 23, 2014 9:36 pm

Any updates on the C45's...performance and availability with 'blacker' decals?

cheers
Not so much a cyclist...more of a sit down comedian

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Sat May 24, 2014 9:55 pm

schroeds wrote:Any updates on the C45's...performance and availability with 'blacker' decals?

cheers
No plans to offer black decals at this point in time. I do have C45's in stock at the moment.