Tour de France - Legends of the Race DVD giveaway

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tour de France - Legends of the Race DVD giveaway

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:27 am

We have five copies of a new DVD to giveaway courtesy of Universal Sony Pictures.
It comes out on July 25 and you can be one of the first to have it - well timed for the 100th Tour de France race.

The Tour - The Legend of the Race sheds a new light on the last 100 years of the Tour de France, now considered one of the world’s most popular sporting events. The Tour has lived through a century of rich history, with ups and downs, triumphs and scandals, continually evolving with the times. Throughout it all one key characteristic has remained - the incredible power of identification the public has with the Tour cyclists, mythical figures that seem accessible and inaccessible at the same time. In order to reflect this human dimension of the Tour, the film tells the story through a selection of its emblematic heroes. Emblematic of the Tour, but also emblematic of an era, embodying in the film their generation: Coppi, Bobet, Anquetil, Poulidor, Merckx, Hinault, Indurain, Armstrong... Fully archive-based and colourised, The Tour cleverly weaves together all these individual stories with the story of the Tour de France itself, with the goal of creating a timeless and epic sports saga.

For your chance to win yourself a copy, hit reply and tell us in 25 words or less:
Who is the greatest past, present... or future Tour De France cyclist?

The DVD will be available on July 25.

Photos © Presse Sports
Total prize value: $149.75
Start Date: June 21. 2012
End Date: June 28. 2012
Prize Sponsor: Universal Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Australia
No Purchase is necessary, forum registration is free
This is a game of skill
Terms and Conditions apply
Cycling is in my BNA

celeste boy

Re: Tour de France - Legends of the Race DVD giveaway

Postby celeste boy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:07 am

The greatest future prospect for TDF winner is Caleb Ewan. After excelling in track and MTB, authorities hold youthful Caleb back from big road events.

siennatrack

Postby siennatrack » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:06 pm

How can any informed lover of cycling go past the cannibal [Merckx] in an era when possibly the best drug available was ephedrine.

BastardSheep

Postby BastardSheep » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:30 pm

Future TDF champ? Michael Kristoffsen. He's only due to be born in 3 years, racing a fair few after that but will put all other riders to shame.
n=1 | 2006 Learsport TR3240 Hardtail

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:31 pm

I'd say Big Mig. Up against Fignon and Lemond once Le Tour started going international in a major way, and winning four in a row in what was the last age prior to things going pear-shaped PED wise is hard to go past.

Merckx was good, but I reckon Indurain would've given him a run for his money.

Jim

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:23 am

Luis Ocana would have trounced Merckx right at the height of his powers, Ocana was a master of bad luck but still triumphed.

zues

Postby zues » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Greg Lemond is the best ambassador for clean cycling and only tour winner who had enough guts to question the system.

SquareWheels

Postby SquareWheels » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:07 pm

The greatest is Greg Lemond for his antidoping stance, his epic three times win of the TDF clean and its my birthday on the 25th.
I got hit by a car that failed to give way once - it really hurt

alf

The first man to wear the Yellow Jersey!

Postby alf » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:44 pm

Eugene Christophe, the only rider who has walked to a forge after a mechanical to weld his forks back together and finish a race.

Releng

Postby Releng » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:22 pm

Evans, greatest of the modern era, challenged the cheats and ushered in the clean period of cycling, proving the tour could be won without PEDs.

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:25 pm

Every kid that beats me in a race, then jumps grades faster than he goes through razors, has to be a future tour great.

eezee

Postby eezee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:58 pm

One man popularized, dominated, and changed the face of cycling forever. Who lead by example and influenced like no other? Lance Armstrong.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Well a 50% chance for each participant - sorry eezee, I can say now that there won't be any points for Lance as I can see his participation and behaviour being anything close to greatnes in light of his recent admission.
Cycling is in my BNA

siennatrack

Postby siennatrack » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Red Rider wrote:Luis Ocana would have trounced Merckx right at the height of his powers, Ocana was a master of bad luck but still triumphed.
You can't possibly be serious the only reason Ocana won in '73 was because Merckx was asked not to ride by French officials because he looked like beating Anquetils record so he beat Ocana at the Vuelta instead . Times and Titles is all that counts not ifs .

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:05 pm

So Sienna, for a chance to win, who is your vote for the greatest TDF cyclist and why?
Cycling is in my BNA

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:18 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Well a 50% chance for each participant - sorry eezee, I can say now that there won't be any points for Lance as I can see his participation and behaviour being anything close to greatnes in light of his recent admission.
But he got away with it for so long! That's got to be worth something.

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:09 am

Jens!

(Until his East German doping comes out!) Jokes... sheesh!
Anyone that can inspire such defense and has phrases like SHUT-UP LEGS! deserves to win.

gabrielle260

Postby gabrielle260 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:19 am

I have followed the tour for 25 years and believe Greg Lemond to be the greatest. Why? Because he came back after his shotgun accident and won, despite still carrying buckshot in his body. That final stage time trial was amazing too!
Andrew

siennatrack

Postby siennatrack » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:10 pm

AUbicycles wrote:So Sienna, for a chance to win, who is your vote for the greatest TDF cyclist and why?
already voted Merckx is my man for number 1 as i said ,in an era when ephedrine was most likely the best PED available to win 5 TDF and many other classics in the same year makes him superior to any modern day riders .

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:32 pm

gabrielle260 wrote:I have followed the tour for 25 years and believe Greg Lemond to be the greatest. Why? Because he came back after his shotgun accident and won, despite still carrying buckshot in his body. That final stage time trial was amazing too!
Andrew
I read his wiki page after reading about a Lemond trainer, before the recent Lance/UCI saga coming out, and his life story has been legendary in itself, ignoring his famous adversaries.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Entering on behalf of my partner (who knows a heck of a lot more about Le Tour and the professional cyclists than I do and loves these kinds of documentaries):

Bernard Hinault, first or second in every tour he completed and dominated the entire tour for 10 years and controlled the entire peloton.

cp123

Postby cp123 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:52 am

I reckon the best "future" person will be some kid that mucks about like we did in the olden days jumping puddles and gutters and fanging around on some old hand me down bike that he busts and fixes a good few times. He won't have a posh bike, he won't have fancy gear but he'll ride everywhere just because he wants to. But someone will notice him, see his skill and speed and plant a competitive seed.

Someone a bit like Cadel was.

Snowie1

Postby Snowie1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Cadel Evans, he's a genuine Aussie spirit with grit and determination. He has shown us his class, and not lost his soul. A Champion.

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:46 pm

I haven't followed the TDF for long enough to have an opinion on who was the greatest.

That is why I need the DVD :)

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Stuey O'Grady. Equal most tours, and will eclipse George next year. 17 years of blood sweat and tears toiling for the success of others.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.