MTB Hire Sydney Northern beaches

Kenzo

MTB Hire Sydney Northern beaches

Postby Kenzo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi ... Will be down that way in a couple of weeks and wondering about bike hire. Hoping to ride Manly Dam area and need a guide/ride.

Staying in Narrabeen and I will have a car.

Anyone know a good place to start my inquiries? At least for a guide .. I will only be there on weekdays...

Kenzo.

trailgumby

Re: MTB Hire Sydney Northern beaches

Postby trailgumby » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:23 pm

There's a place opposite Manly Wharf, name escapes me presently, and if you're looking for weekdays you'll have much less competition.

They don't have duallies so far as I know, only Polygon hardtails, but from appearances your chances of getting one in well maintained condition with basic hydraulic brakes will be good.

If it's wet, you should give Manly Dam a miss. Besides damaging the track, there's lots of wood about which goes like ice when damp.

But there are plenty of other trails about, such as Cascades, St Ives, and Terrey Hills. I'd also suggest getting the ferry to the City and then the train to Hornsby for some of the best fun riding in northern Sydney at Old Man's Valley.

Too bad you're not around weekends. Manly Dam is my backyard, literally I'm 400m away, and could guide you and maybe provide a loaner bike and transport.

Kenzo

Re: MTB Hire Sydney Northern beaches

Postby Kenzo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks trailgumby... Looks like I will just transport my own duallie down with me and hope for good weather .