Peter Sagan Parking

gromek

Peter Sagan Parking

Postby gromek » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:59 am

Gotta Try this one Day :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM9Eh2uQ7Ek" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Peter Sagan Parking

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:56 pm

This popped up on my facebook feed the other day. The man is a freak....
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:06 pm

That skill is now required for all TdF riders after Hoogerland.

clackers

Postby clackers » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:55 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:That skill is now required for all TdF riders after Hoogerland.
:smile:

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Do you guys reckon this is 100% legit or do you think he had a ramp there?

Either way its a good video and clearly he has mad skills :-)
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

BastardSheep

Postby BastardSheep » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:39 pm

jacks1071 wrote:Do you guys reckon this is 100% legit or do you think he had a ramp there?

Either way its a good video and clearly he has mad skills :-)
It's quite easy these days to splice multiple separate recordings together (one of him already on top of the car doing up the bike), one of him approaching the car, and to also dodgy-up him riding up the windscreen. The faster it happens the less perfection needed.

... that said, there's absolutely no reason what so ever as to why it couldn't also be legit. It's certainly a feasible/possible thing to do imho, so sure, why not?
n=1 | 2006 Learsport TR3240 Hardtail

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:07 pm

If anyone can do it, Sagan would be the one i'd put my money on. Even ahead of Danny MacAskill
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:08 pm

It was really cool but I didn't think Sagan's hop up to the hood was high enough (unless it is a really low car it looked like there was a little ramp IMO) so I was questioning the legitimacy. Still, I'd like to suspend disbelief and say that guy is awesome! :D

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:41 pm

You can weight the front once it's on the hood and pull the back up.

What I want to know is how he did it without leaving obvious creases in the hood from his skinny road tyres!

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:55 pm

trailgumby wrote:You can weight the front once it's on the hood and pull the back up.

What I want to know is how he did it without leaving obvious creases in the hood from his skinny road tyres!
Well der he's a pro, he probably weighs 30kg or something :lol: .

I reckon it's just a joke, I think it happens to quickly to be real but I don't care, Sagan is still tops :D .

Aside from the whole podiumgate thing I reckon he's not a bad role model, at least as an example of how to be right up at the very pointiest end of what you do, but still have fun and be nice. Much like Jens Voight.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:09 pm

Nice effort either way and doable by the right rider.

Wish I had those skillz, no traffic jam could stop me! :twisted:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Marx

Postby Marx » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:18 pm

wouldn't the airbag go off?
-----------------------
A bike and a place to ride.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:31 pm

Marx wrote:wouldn't the airbag go off?
Short answer, nope. Long answer here

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Had a look at this again several times at home last night, and he's definitely used a ramp to get up on the bonnet. The necessary body english to make the jump is absent and he's just rolled the back wheel up something instead of lifting it.

Still a great joke though. :lol:

There were a few drivers I'd have liked to have pulled that move on last week! :evil:

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:57 pm

trailgumby wrote:Had a look at this again several times at home last night, and he's definitely used a ramp to get up on the bonnet. The necessary body english to make the jump is absent and he's just rolled the back wheel up something instead of lifting it.

There were a few drivers I'd have liked to have pulled that move on last week! :evil:
It was well done :-)

I'm confident I could ride my trials motorbike over a similar car without a ramp, wouldn't consider trying it on a pushie though!!
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:13 pm

trailgumby wrote:Had a look at this again several times at home last night, and he's definitely used a ramp to get up on the bonnet. The necessary body english to make the jump is absent and he's just rolled the back wheel up something instead of lifting it.

Sagan would have used 'body Slovak' not 'body English'. :P

Glad to see my untutored eye saw the same thing as others.

It still is a great clip and I have seen with my naked eye some mountain/BMX bikers jumping sideways up onto a narrow ledge of a retaining wall about 1.6 metres or so off the ground down near the Dight Falls on the Main Yarra Trail a month or two ago (For those familiar with the area it was between the Dight Falls and the Johnson St bridge where the trail dips closer to the water, the river turns and the new apartments were built). They lifted the front wheel up, bounced the bike a couple of times and then threw their weight up and sideways and lifted the bike at the same time to land on top of the wall (on their bikes). So I'm sure it could be done. :)

herzog

Postby herzog » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:16 pm

This guy was a mountain biking world champ, so I guess it's possible. But still, it's hard to visualise how that back wheel got up without a ramp.

zero

Postby zero » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:31 pm

This trick is easier on a dropbar, you stand forward on the bike in the wheelstand, brake just before the bonnet to overbalance with the rear, and then you brake after the overbalance places the wheel on the bonnet with the front, and because your hands are in the drops, you and the bike rotate together. Doesn't require a lot of body language or superhuman grip, because of the drops. If you have a road bike, you note that if you stand over the top tube with your hands in the drops, rotating your wrists forward easily lifts the rear of the bike - where as I cannot easily do same with my rear suspension mountain bike. (for same reason, my MTB comfortably outbrakes a roadbike).

He did however seem to have a fair bit of momentum left to climb the windscreen which means i'm neutral on the ramp.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:37 pm

Interesting reading on Sagan. He tested with Quickstep but they failed to give him a contract. :shock: His nickname of "Terminator" was derived from destroying numerous mountain bikes while at a Liquigas training camp (he knew how to put a bike through its paces :lol: ).

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:04 pm

With the right MTB skills (which he clearly has) and self confidence (ditto) this would be a doddle to do without a ramp on a big wheeled road with sticky road tyres...especially given that it's a Citroen...no ramp required. The lack of apparent body english (or slovak) is down to the camera angle given that most of the body movement would be moving forward along the length of the top tube.
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:45 pm

biker jk wrote:Interesting reading on Sagan. He tested with Quickstep but they failed to give him a contract. :shock: His nickname of "Terminator" was derived from destroying numerous mountain bikes while at a Liquigas training camp (he knew how to put a bike through its paces :lol: ).
Or just because he was riding Cracknfails :lol: .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

GreyhoundCycle

Postby GreyhoundCycle » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:00 pm

I am sure soon there will be an exclusion in his contract for doing this... high risk activity. ;)

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:14 pm

silentbutdeadly wrote:With the right MTB skills (which he clearly has) and self confidence (ditto) this would be a doddle to do without a ramp on a big wheeled road with sticky road tyres...especially given that it's a Citroen...no ramp required. The lack of apparent body english (or slovak) is down to the camera angle given that most of the body movement would be moving forward along the length of the top tube.
Weeeeell, the guys on the mtb forum where I reposted this are also calling it as having rolled the rear up on a ramp. One of them is a very skilled rider who while not at trials level, is not far off.

What you're saying is possible, but I'm not seeing any evidence. :)

In the case below, it's definitely body english, and not slovak :lol:

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:30 pm

herzog wrote:This guy was a mountain biking world champ, so I guess it's possible. But still, it's hard to visualise how that back wheel got up without a ramp.
You'd have to jump it up, technically the rear wheel wouldn't want to touch the front of the car.

Ken Ho

Postby Ken Ho » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:51 am

Of course, he could settle the discussion with a side view shot.
We did hav that video recently of the crazy trials stuff on a roadie, so it's doable.
You have officially become your parents.