Probikekit.com.au

Mylotian

Probikekit.com.au

Postby Mylotian » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:56 am

Any one had issues with them.

I placed an order on the 11/6 still not received, and tracking details has not been updated since the 13/6

Had I known was coming out of UK would have gone with Wiggle as never had a problem with them

RomanTheCube

Re: Probikekit.com.au

Postby RomanTheCube » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:59 am

PBK have been terrible with regards to shipping times in my personal experience of 3 orders.

Wiggle gets here in 1 work week, PBK up to 3 weeks.

You'll get your stuff, but it won't get there fast.

Bakks

Postby Bakks » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Yep.

Two orders - 10/6 and 13/6. Haven't seen either. They have said they have a 30 day freight policy, so don't bother asking until then.

I won't bother using them again.

Plus I had an issue with one previous order, the size guide was completely wrong. I left a review as such, and it never got published.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:56 pm

I've had fast and slow with all 4 of the 'big' UK sites (Wiggle, PBK, c r c & Ribble). I've given up trying to figure out which is quicker as it always changes. I usually just order from whoever is cheapest + in stock.

.au domains are becoming more popular now given the amount of business they get from here. Hell, wiggle are even sponsoring a local team :!:
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

AndyRevill

Postby AndyRevill » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:03 pm

I ordered some pedals from PBK recently, dispatched 28/5 estimated delivery was on or before 14/6 turned up on the 12th. In order to offer free or ultra cheap delivery many of these places are now using 3rd party freight companies. My PBK order was via some mob called MHI and tracking effectively stopped once it left the UK - it was doing my head in but I didn't want to pay the $20 for full tracking (and probably faster delivery). Amazon do something similar via iParcel.

I guess we either have to have faith or pay the extra $$.

Andy
Trek 1.7 dec.
Trek Domane 4.5

__PG__

Postby __PG__ » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:27 pm

I've ordered loads of stuff from PBK over the years and its always arrived.
1994 Cecil Walker (now retired)
2013 Baum Corretto
2014 Cell Awaba 1.0

Mylotian

Postby Mylotian » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Not a case of not arriving (at present) but more a case of how long it takes when Wiggle can send items within a week

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Other than Evans who use DHL and got my shipment to me in 4 days. Wiggle who I believe shipped to Australia in bulk, ie goods get packed Portsmouth, sent in bulk to Australia then unpacked and enters the postal system in here.

There is an issue with Royal Mail to Australia (either with Royal Mail, customs or Australia Post) at the moment.

So shipments from Ribble, PBK, Planet-X, c r c etc are slower than before.

Not the 5 to 7 days advertised, or even 10 to 14 days as usual, but 17 days plus.

My partner buys get 1 or 2 parcels via Royal Mail from the UK each week and keeps track of these things.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Can someone tell me why the UK is the center of Cycling sporting goods and apparel that everyone buys from?

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:31 pm

defy1 wrote:Can someone tell me why the UK is the center of Cycling sporting goods and apparel that everyone buys from?
Its cheap and shipping is reasonable, unlike the US.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:21 pm

The UK have a long tradition of mail-order and discounting type businesses and this culture has transferred well into online business. Not too sure why or how the UK got the headstart on the US however for the prices customers save VAT and perhaps being part of Europe with more international transactions this has paved the way for accommodating international sales better than US retailers. A number of online UK retailers have also proactively taken all opportunities for lower cost bulk purchasing (OEM, grey imports) so can be more competitive and the US market may not have accommodated this. UK retailers are also more proactive in their overseas promotions so have higher brand awareness.
Cycling is in my BNA

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:57 pm

Royal Mail will send a package from the UK to Australia for about half the price Australia Post charges to send the same package back.

Perhaps it's a subsidy by Royal Mail, or rent-seeking by Australia Post, but you're unlikely to find an Australian discounter with enough export sales to sponsor a UK cycle team anytime soon.

jamesn184

Postby jamesn184 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:29 am

My last PBK order arrived around 10 days

sparkyscott

Postby sparkyscott » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:55 am

RomanTheCube wrote:PBK have been terrible with regards to shipping times in my personal experience of 3 orders.

Wiggle gets here in 1 work week, PBK up to 3 weeks.

You'll get your stuff, but it won't get there fast.
+1

Mylotian

Postby Mylotian » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:07 am

I'm sure my goods will turn up but

a) when querying online tracking no update since the 13/6 so pointless, what peace of mind do people get from this or
b) when I queried via contact email twice I received the same stock standard message verbatim, my questions where not answered.

this is poor customer service IMO, unlike Cell who have always been contactable and always deliver within a week.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:27 am

Mylotian wrote:I'm sure my goods will turn up but

a) when querying online tracking no update since the 13/6 so pointless, what peace of mind do people get from this or
b) when I queried via contact email twice I received the same stock standard message verbatim, my questions where not answered.

this is poor customer service IMO, unlike Cell who have always been contactable and always deliver within a week.
If it was standard delivery unlikely you will get tracking once it leaves the UK. Comparing PBK to cell is a little unfair given they deliver from opposite sides of the world. Whilst 16 days is longer than ideal, I still wouldnt be too concerned about it just yet. I'm happy for them to blurt standard responses to shipping issues within 3 weeks of dispatch. I daresay they get them by the thousands, if they pay people to answer them all individually we just pay more for the items.

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Had two parcels posted at the one person at the same time/location in UK via Royal Mail airmail to Australia.

One took 14 days, the second 43 days

Not always the senders fault for delays.

Phil

Postby Phil » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Personally I would not use PBK, if there is an issue then good luck getting it resolved without a heap of phone calls - they tend to ignore emails. Personally I would not use them at all. Have had good service out of c r c, Ribble, Wiggle, Evans - why support a company that doesn't care about customer service?

pjt

Postby pjt » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:50 pm

I've never had problems with PBK once I've put an order in - it's always taken 2 weeks maximum. The problem is them actually having stock of things I want!

It always seems to be that 40% of my things are out of stock, so now I don't even bother checking them, and now look at c r c, Wiggle, bike-discount or bike24.

Of the local shops with an online presence, Cell are great.

scotto

Postby scotto » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Never had any dramas . Delivery time varies from 1 to 3 weeks. Good tracking via ems and auspost from Belgium to Aust. ( yes, Belgium !!)

SpinninWheels

Postby SpinninWheels » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:49 pm

I am currently waiting on an order from PBK. Waited the 20 days it recommends on the website, then emailed them. They asked me to fill out a missing goods declaration, then credited my account for $85 - and get this, the original order was only $74!

So apart from the inconvenience of a longer wait, and having to re-order the goods, I would say there communication and follow up service is spot on. Can't really as for more than that, but I will use the tracked order option next time!!

Rex

Postby Rex » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:37 pm

I''ve returned goods to PBK and they happily replaced them.
However their shipping times are terrible... 3 to 4 weeks.

jamesn184

Postby jamesn184 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:36 am

I once did a order with them and they left 1 item out, I emailed them and was assured they would send the item ASAP but never arrived and was given a full refund for the original order amount which made me giggle

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:58 am

SpinninWheels wrote:I am currently waiting on an order from PBK. Waited the 20 days it recommends on the website, then emailed them. They asked me to fill out a missing goods declaration, then credited my account for $85 - and get this, the original order was only $74!

So apart from the inconvenience of a longer wait, and having to re-order the goods, I would say there communication and follow up service is spot on. Can't really as for more than that, but I will use the tracked order option next time!!
I have found that when they refund they do it at there full price regardless of any sale price you may have paid.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4 Beta
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

Pinnacle-tech

Postby Pinnacle-tech » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Ordered items from ProBikeKit and Wiggle at exactly the same time. Similar size and value etc...
Wiggle stuff came within a week, ProBikeKit stuff still not here, no support, no tracking, no nothing.
Only ordered because they appeared to be the only ones with stock.
Seriously not happy.
DON'T use them is my recommendation. I wish I hadn't.