Sydney weather this morning!!!

humanbeing

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby humanbeing » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:10 am

And the wet continues ;-)
Occasionally it looked like it would clear this morning but surely enough it would soon rain again. Windy too.
Have a great ride,
Peter
2012 Jim Bundy
1995 Bosevski - Athena
mid/late eighties Colnago Cromor

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:49 am

Woke at 5am to torrential rain and howling wind. Decided to take the safe option and we t back to bed and decided to work from home.
I have been lucky this week though, riding mon/tue and somehow avoiding most of the rain.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

isabella24

Postby isabella24 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Xplora wrote:I have totally softed out this week.
+1!
I have not been on the bike since Saturday! And i normally ride 5 days a week. Admittedly I was stuck in Newcastle for work both tuesday and wednesday this week (i live in Sydney, so that would be one hell of a commute), but I still feel bad :-(
80s Ken Evans / 2011 Trek Madone / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / 2015 Lynskey Helix

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:14 pm

Looks like the rain might be clearing a bit.

I haven't ridden a real bike since Sunday. I've been at Athlete Lab a couple of times this week though.

humanbeing

Postby humanbeing » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:07 am

Well there were reports of better weather on it's way :-)
Wet this morning and a fantastic ride.
Have a great ride,
Peter
2012 Jim Bundy
1995 Bosevski - Athena

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:35 am

Saturday and Sunday both look line rain. Monday too. And then better after that.
Last edited by g-boaf on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:04 pm

I managed to time my run to work using the weather radar, very wet roads but snuck in almost dry.

Shame about the weekend, my little boy is going crazy cooped up in the house

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:07 pm

I picked the wrong morning to make my one commute of the week this morning. Saturated after a downpour in the last 5 mins before I got to the office. At least with all the layers I wasn't cold, but I was stupid enough not to wear my good rain jacket......
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

JohnJoyner

Postby JohnJoyner » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Make it stop.... We have had enough rain now. I was hoping to go for a nice ride Sunday morning to Oatley park & surrounds... Maybe shelving that now.
Will be back commuting Monday, no matter what... I hope... :?

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Boognoss wrote:I picked the wrong morning to make my one commute of the week this morning. Saturated after a downpour in the last 5 mins before I got to the office. At least with all the layers I wasn't cold, but I was stupid enough not to wear my good rain jacket......
Me too. Weather radar was pretty clear when I left home, so just took the shower jacket and rain legs, plus the overshoes.
Well, I got to Lane Cove and the sky just opened. I have never seen so much water so quickly! Was soaked to the bone by the time I got to Naremburn.
The only consolation is that last night I fitted new disc brake pads as my old ones were almost down to the backing plate! The new pads came in very handy in all that water!

Will be a soggy ride home as I didn't pack spare socks/Knicks. Shoes are soaked through, despite being triple bagged this morning.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:49 pm

queequeg wrote:
Boognoss wrote:I picked the wrong morning to make my one commute of the week this morning. Saturated after a downpour in the last 5 mins before I got to the office. At least with all the layers I wasn't cold, but I was stupid enough not to wear my good rain jacket......
Me too. Weather radar was pretty clear when I left home, so just took the shower jacket and rain legs, plus the overshoes.
Well, I got to Lane Cove and the sky just opened. I have never seen so much water so quickly! Was soaked to the bone by the time I got to Naremburn.
The only consolation is that last night I fitted new disc brake pads as my old ones were almost down to the backing plate! The new pads came in very handy in all that water!

Will be a soggy ride home as I didn't pack spare socks/Knicks. Shoes are soaked through, despite being triple bagged this morning.
Same for the ride home, but with my merino baselayer at least it's a warm damp. My CX rim cantilever brakes are poor enough when dry, exhilarating/terrifying when wet :).
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:51 pm

The family is all away next week, so the rollers will get a workout if the rain doesn't stop!

Jim

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Lovely morning for a ride down to Hoxton Park and back, with some cooling rain and even joined by a herd of goats at Prospect! :lol:

That herd of goats, wild they might have been, they just surprised me with how they proceeded down only the left side of the path in such an orderly manner. I even slowed down to let the young one (seemed a bit scared) go past and get back to the herd.

humanbeing

Postby humanbeing » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Got out for a ride this morning, out to La Perouse, up to Watsons Bay by the beaches and then home.
Wet but no goats :D
But it's much worse this afternoon.
Have a great ride,
Peter
2012 Jim Bundy
1995 Bosevski - Athena

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:43 pm

Unbelievable how different the weather was today. Mostly dry in my area.

If I'd have waited and went for a ride today instead of yesterday, I might not have been struck down with a cold. :(

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:25 pm

I waited and waited.... Finally get the chance to go out in the afternoon. I used my commuter as I am afraid to get a flat tyre. 3 km mark fom home, this got me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

humanbeing

Postby humanbeing » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:34 am

Yeah!
Ventured out Sunday afternoon but still got rained on as the sun fought through the cloud.
Today it was starry skies, a beautiful sunrise and blue sky.
Probably won't last by I'm going to make the most of it.
Have a great ride,
Peter
2012 Jim Bundy
1995 Bosevski - Athena

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:04 am

I managed to get sneak a short dry ride in yesterday but loved the return of the blue skies this morning. A great way to start the day

rdp_au

Postby rdp_au » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:48 am

It was a strange experience riding this morning without being rained on… clear skies at last. It was cool, with wet roads, and quite a bit debris on the shared paths. A lot of water flowing over the weir at Brown’s Waterhole – seemed like it was nearly halfway up to the axles. At least on the recumbent I didn’t get wet feet as I tentatively rode across. :)

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:27 pm

rdp_au wrote:It was a strange experience riding this morning without being rained on… clear skies at last. It was cool, with wet roads, and quite a bit debris on the shared paths. A lot of water flowing over the weir at Brown’s Waterhole – seemed like it was nearly halfway up to the axles. At least on the recumbent I didn’t get wet feet as I tentatively rode across. :)
That was brave! I have seen people go off the weir and downstream due to the slippery surface!

rdp_au

Postby rdp_au » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:43 pm

queequeg wrote:
That was brave! I have seen people go off the weir and downstream due to the slippery surface!
It was pretty marginal - actually pushed the front wheel a little sideways as I went through. If it had been any higher I'd be thinking about turning around and heading back up the hill - although, the only alternative route I can think of - via Comenara/Lane Cove Rd wouldn't be pleasant.

humanbeing

Postby humanbeing » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:17 am

Glorious!
Have a great ride,
Peter
2012 Jim Bundy
1995 Bosevski - Athena

humanbeing

Postby humanbeing » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:15 am

Another beautiful morning!
Have a great ride,
Peter
2012 Jim Bundy
1995 Bosevski - Athena

humanbeing

Postby humanbeing » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:35 am

Another beauty!
Have a great ride,
Peter
2012 Jim Bundy
1995 Bosevski - Athena

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:06 am

What a great morning for a ride. I was up a little later than usual, just short sleeves & knicks with no need for gloves. Bit of a shame I had to come into work :D