Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

michael_w

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby michael_w » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Since my enforced layoff, I've placed a few orders with Cell, the latest being for a new bike. In each transaction the delivery was quick and the service exceptional. Mark made contact with me after seeing a pic of my ex-helmet on twitter and being a Cell customer he helped me out. In the past two months I've purchased a lock, lights, tights, bibshorts, helmet and bike and I'm happy to see that as of my first commute since the accident (today) it's all systems go.

Thanks Mark and Cell.

slidetaker

Postby slidetaker » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Ordered $90 worth of normal stuffs from Wiggle Mon night, got it this afternoon, DHL, Metro Melb, standard free shipping...

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Backorder for two cassettes from a previous bulk purchase (which I knew weren't currently in stock when purchased and I was willing to wait) were received in stock and sent by Wiggle to me on 18 June.

Received today - invoice says the items came from the Sunshine depot and shipped by Australia Post (so not from the UK and not by DHL).

That's the longest an order has taken to get to me when purchased from Wiggle and it seems it took 9 days for Australia Post to send it approximately 11kms from Sunshine to the Melbourne CBD. If so, that's a bit slow, Australia Post.

Slvr32gtr

Postby Slvr32gtr » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:15 am

Put an order in with Bike Bug on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday. Very happy with the prices and speedy delivery!

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:48 am

Anyone here used pushys.com.au ? Got email saying order was posted on Monday yet it never showed up this week, wondering if they pull the Cycling Express method of item is posted 2 weeks after they send the email.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:17 am

danny the boy wrote:Anyone here used pushys.com.au ? Got email saying order was posted on Monday yet it never showed up this week, wondering if they pull the Cycling Express method of item is posted 2 weeks after they send the email.
I have used them a couple of times. They are using Australia Post that contributes to the delay. Pushys has been reliable based on my experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:10 pm

danny the boy wrote:Anyone here used pushys.com.au ? Got email saying order was posted on Monday yet it never showed up this week, wondering if they pull the Cycling Express method of item is posted 2 weeks after they send the email.
No as their prices are usually ridiculous!

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:50 pm

michael_w wrote:Since my enforced layoff, I've placed a few orders with Cell, the latest being for a new bike. In each transaction the delivery was quick and the service exceptional. Mark made contact with me after seeing a pic of my ex-helmet on twitter and being a Cell customer he helped me out. In the past two months I've purchased a lock, lights, tights, bibshorts, helmet and bike and I'm happy to see that as of my first commute since the accident (today) it's all systems go.

Thanks Mark and Cell.
Hi Michael, we're happy to see you're back on the bike. Please ride safe, keep an open eye out for crazy tin-tops, and have a great weekend.
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

Mickzo

Postby Mickzo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:22 am

Wondering whether anyone has had issues ordering a bike/frame from Torpedo 7.

Order placed on Sunday 23 June for a frame. Got email Monday morning saying it'll be shipped within 1-2 business days. I ring up at almost end of 2nd business day being the Wednesday (ignoring the Monday) and told as the frame needs to be checked by a mechanic and will be shipped on Thursday (3rd business day).

By Friday (4th business day) still noting. Called Torpedo 7 at lunch time and told they can't find the boxes with the frames in it but will email their warehouse to see if they can look for it. Later that afternoon I did a live chat and was told that it takes 3 business days. I replied that this is the 4th business day and they never replied. I checked the order this morning and it is still showing as being checked by staff. I ordered stuff from England which has been delivered quicker. I'm almost at the point of telling them to cancel the order because i'm fed up with the BS they keep spinning me.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Ordered Tacx stand on the 24th ,arrived today. Brilliant work c r c!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

alf

Postby alf » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:43 pm

The last time I dealt with T7 was a similar experience. Hope that with some luck when you eventually receive it the spec is as advertised rather that having a 71mm Italian bottom bracket with a BSA thread.
Mickzo wrote:Wondering whether anyone has had issues ordering a bike/frame from Torpedo 7.

Order placed on Sunday 23 June for a frame. Got email Monday morning saying it'll be shipped within 1-2 business days. I ring up at almost end of 2nd business day being the Wednesday (ignoring the Monday) and told as the frame needs to be checked by a mechanic and will be shipped on Thursday (3rd business day).

By Friday (4th business day) still noting. Called Torpedo 7 at lunch time and told they can't find the boxes with the frames in it but will email their warehouse to see if they can look for it. Later that afternoon I did a live chat and was told that it takes 3 business days. I replied that this is the 4th business day and they never replied. I checked the order this morning and it is still showing as being checked by staff. I ordered stuff from England which has been delivered quicker. I'm almost at the point of telling them to cancel the order because i'm fed up with the BS they keep spinning me.

Mickzo

Postby Mickzo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:33 am

[quote="alf"]The last time I dealt with T7 was a similar experience. Hope that with some luck when you eventually receive it the spec is as advertised rather that having a 71mm Italian bottom bracket with a BSA thread.

After speaking with Christian, who said he's the manager, I ended up cancelling the order and getting a refund because he said he just got an email and they have lost the stock during the move. He doesn't know if/when they'll find it. Funny thing is that they currently have the same Wilier granturismo frame on sale on their website. How are they going to fulfil any orders if they don't have the stock? Not good Torpedo 7.

vinski

Postby vinski » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Re pushys

Ive bought stuff from pushys twice now and both times items have been delivered in about a week. Note that im in Perth and it takes that long with Cell as well.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Reid Cycles ---- thumbs down

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:48 pm

defy1 wrote:Reid Cycles ---- thumbs down
details. awesome.

alf

Postby alf » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Is that you Rich Whisken?

http://richwiskendrinks.blogspot.com.au ... cribe.html

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Ordered some Speedplays from Cell Bikes last week, and they arrived today! thanks guys!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Ordered CatEye Stealth 50 GPS from Wiggle. Took a week to arrive on a free shipment. I am now busy with my new toy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:04 am

vinski wrote:Re pushys

Ive bought stuff from pushys twice now and both times items have been delivered in about a week. Note that im in Perth and it takes that long with Cell as well.

Yeah it was a Aus Post stuff up. Reached my local post office in about 2 days and they somehow didn't inform me it was there.

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:52 pm

In my relatively short experience (around a month since I purchased), the bikes are pretty good value. However the online purchasing experience through their website is well below average. For a company that's been selling bikes in a box for a few years now, you expect the online aspect to be pretty slick by now...

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:07 pm

Bugger you T7..... of course you dont tell me there is a 2 day delay in despatching while you move warehouses until after I have placed the order. :evil: :evil:
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:05 pm

Ribble order of June 20 arrived today so 15 days. A bit slow but I wasn't in a hurry and they were the best price. Wiggle delivery is much faster though, average of 4-7 days.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Ribble - two weeks exact from dispatch to arriving.

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:39 pm

I bought early birthday gifts for my kids from Cycling Deal on eBay. Putting them together was very satisfying because the bike is well designed and set up. The 20" has really cool gear indicators. My soon-to-be six boy is stoked, to put it mildly. The pink 24" is just as nice.

Arrived in seven days from Vic to rural WA in perfect boxes.

This level of service and quality is sorely missing from many online cycle shops.

jgon286

Postby jgon286 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Took advantage of a 48-hr special at cellbikes. Purchased a Fulcrum 5 wheelset and a saddle. Noted the time ordered as just before 5pm on Monday night. Had a knock on the door from some door-to-door charity people and they pointed out the nice big brown box at my door. This was the next day, Tuesday afternoon also around 5pm. Who knows how long it had been sitting there?

In short, I'd order from them again, for sure!

I'll make sure to always look at their emails too. The wheelset had already been the best priced by far at $229. The special price was $179. So the saddle was essentially free.

Happy days!
Ridley Fenix
'Dale CAADX
Spec Hardrock29er