Moving to Lavington/Albury from Perth, looking for clubs:

AL_SuperSix

Moving to Lavington/Albury from Perth, looking for clubs:

Postby AL_SuperSix » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:17 am

Hi everyone, first post here, I've been living in Perth for the last year and a bit and am moving back over to the eastern states, this time to Lavington, NSW... So I'll be looking to get involved in some local road cycling club rides and events, and find out more about competitive events that come up around the area.
Also not knowing the area I'll need to do my homework regarding good training routes around the area, so I'm hoping some club rides will fast track that a bit.
Really looking forward to coming across, as Perth is as flat as a pancake (where 400 odd-metres ascended is considered a hills session. HA.)

So if anyone is from that neck of the woods, it would be great to hear from you, and your experiences riding around the area.
Thanks in advance.

Aussiebullet

Re: Moving to Lavington/Albury from Perth, looking for clubs

Postby Aussiebullet » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:58 am

Hi there, I live and train in the area and there is plenty of training bunches to ride with mornings, arvo's and weekends, although I don't do them, as they don't fit into my work roster very well, but I do race, and there are 3 great clubs in the area, an MTB club and 2 road clubs that get together to hold combined local races most w/ends, as well as a number of club combined reginal point scrore, stage race and state open races all within a few hours or less drive of Albury.
The training routes and are ulimited around here, lots of flat to rolling terrain to loops where you are either going up or coming down hills, scenery is as good as it gets and lots of bakerys if thats your thang.

AL_SuperSix

Re: Moving to Lavington/Albury from Perth, looking for clubs

Postby AL_SuperSix » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Excellent, thanks for the informative reply, really looking forward to getting up there soon!