Garmin Cadence Sensor- Battery cover

smanson

Garmin Cadence Sensor- Battery cover

Postby smanson » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi

I lost the battery cover from my GSC10 Cadence sensor on the weekend- Garmin don't seem to sell this as spare and was wondering if anyone had a dead GSC10 that I could buy to get the battery cover.

Stuart

Dr_Mutley

Re: Garmin Cadence Sensor- Battery cover

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Yo Stuart...
Hopefully someone has one, as would be the easiest fix (sorry I don't but have one on my training bike if u need a lend in the interim)

Some thought (FWIW!):
1) U mite have more luck in one of the other forums, like the wanted forum etc...

2) try ringing Garmin and say one of the lugs on the cover had broken, and u were using it taped on, til it fell off the other day. They may send u a free replacement with no questions asked. There has been several stories of such a thing happening with the covers, and Garmin just sending out a replacement. Having said that the customer service of Garmin Australasia can be pretty shoddy at times, and can really depend entirely on the person who initially answers the phone or email. With all my dealings with Garmin I have found that ringing is the best way to go... If that fails try an email.

3) if u fail to located one just use black silastic and cover in the battery compartment... It will be invisible, and easily removable with a pointy probe, when u need to change to battery. Furthermore it will be more waterproof than a replacement battery cover. Quite alot of the gsc10 sensors fail due to water getting past the cover.. If u do get a replacemt cover, remember to put some marine grease or Vaseline on the cover's thread to help further repel water.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Also, if no luck, ask on the Garmin forums, as I'm sure u will find one there...

https://forums.garmin.com/forum.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?20-Cycling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grantw

Postby grantw » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:15 pm

As it happens I snapped the arm off my sensor a few weeks ago so have a battery cover handy. Feel free to PM with your address and I'll pop it in the post.

smanson

Postby smanson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi

Dr_Mutley- thank for you hints and your time taken for a reply - I have taken the very kind offer up of Grant, but the silicon is very good idea - I did a bit of searching for answers and there does seem to be a lot of people with issue of water ingress into the sensors - silicon would certainly kill two birds with one stone.

Cheers and thanks

Stuart

monhaj

Postby monhaj » Mon May 02, 2022 11:07 am

I lost the battery cover to my GSC 10 cadence sensor and wanted to see if anybody has one lying around? I contacted Garmin but they said they no longer have spare parts. I'd be happy to pay postage and honestly just thrilled if I could find one.