Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

FLG

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby FLG » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:23 am

Goldcross: worst experience I've ever had in more than 10 years of online shopping:

1. No replies to my emails
2. It took 15 days to receive my purchases
3. They sent me the wrong color of shoes

FLG

Re: Buying from Goldcross website

Postby FLG » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:23 am

marckietan wrote:Just to share my experience buying from the Goldcross website last week. Ordered online for delivery to Sydney on 18th June. 19th June - email from Goldcross saying that one of the items I ordered was unavailable and that it would be refunded. Come 24th of June...no email saying that my order had been shipped so I rung their number.

Very helpful person on the call, apologised for the delay and said he would call back once he had checked on the status of my order. When he came back, he said that one other item was unavailable and that they would need to refund that as well.

all in all...disappointing online experience although the guys who helped on the call was super helpful. However I did have to chase up the order and their online system clearly doesnt reflect real time stock.
If only I had seen this post earlier...
I seriously cannot believe that they have such a bad customer service ! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Shpox

Postby Shpox » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Just a quick question about anyone that's returned anything to the local Wiggle AU address. I contacted Wiggle to see if they could refund me on a particular item I no longer needed and haven't used. They said yep, no problemo. They wouldn't quite provide me with a cost details as this is left to the returns team. Now, I've just read through their returns procedure and this is stated:

"We will refund you to the value of your goods, deducting 15AUD from your refund to cover the return journey to the UK. If your goods are faulty, we will not deduct this charge."

My goods are under $50 and not faulty, just unused, so it might cost be about $7.00 to ship them registered via Aus Post to the returns centre. Seems a bit pointless if they're going to subtract another $15.00 to get to the UK. So by the time my goods get to be processed, I've had already lost $22.00.

Does this sound correct? Would it be better if I just send it off to the UK myself?

santacruzscott

Postby santacruzscott » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 pm

I've sent a "wrong item sent" back to the AU address and was refunded all costs , as it was their mistake.
Just had to wait till the item got back to the UK till I was refunded the money to my card.

If you are returning an item because you no longer want it , you will always have to pay the return post , regardless of who you bought it off.

If you post it back to the UK Wiggle address it will probably cost close to the $22 anyway.
Worth going in to your local P/O and getting them to give you the cost of post back to the UK , then go with the cheapest option.

Shpox

Postby Shpox » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Thanks mate. I'll see how I go. Might be worth to just hold onto the goods seeing as they're about a fitty. :)

santacruzscott

Postby santacruzscott » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Yep , I've just had a new wheel failure , which was bought from somewhere else overseas.
They wanted me to send it back , which is fair enough , but it was going to cost $150 for postage :(
Not worth it , even with them paying for the postage on the replacement.

Oh well just gotta look at how much I have saved over the years buying from O/S , still way ahead..... :D

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Shpox wrote:Thanks mate. I'll see how I go. Might be worth to just hold onto the goods seeing as they're about a fitty. :)
if it still new, just sell it locally. should be cheaper then local prices, buyer gets a bargain, you sell something you dont need and hopefully get most if not all your money back

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Less bulky items will still prob be cheaper going direct to Wiggle UK returns unless they are very heavy. Once you have a bit of bulk though the Aus returns will likely be cheaper. I returned some shoes to the Aus address. Was $15 to get them to melb and then they took another $15. The Aus post quote to go straight to the UK was $60.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:49 am

Just used BikeBug for the first time (as opposed to visiting the shop in years gone by) to add a CX wheelset to the collection.

Fulcrum Quattro CX for $330 delivered - which was at least $70 cheaper than anyone overseas that I could identify. Figured that with the slide in the dollar, things weren't going to get any cheaper so I spent the cash.

Ordered Thursday...delivered Monday into regional Victoria via Star Track. Well done (despite the fact I'm not a fan of using stores that rely on couriers).
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:59 am

I have purchased a couple of 'cheap' items from Cycling Deal, happy enough. Postage was within a reasonable time. I was looking for an odd size BB to go with the Fixie cranks I ordered, Cycling Deal had none in stock and when asked when they might get stock the reply was 'don't know'. Found CyclingDealUsa branch of the same company. Had the item, shipping from
US was reasonable (unlike many others). Item arrived in acceptable time. Only problem was the package wasn't sealed properly and the BB actually fell out on the kitchen table when it arrived home. Luckily it didn't fall out in transit. I emailed them, but no reply (didn't really want one, but they need to know the problem)
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:38 pm

jgon286 wrote: I'll make sure to always look at their emails too. The wheelset had already been the best priced by far at $229. The special price was $179.
Hot damn! That is an absolute bargain, can't believe I missed it! Could've been had for $169 if you signed up for the newsletter too. :shock:

I'm about to order a couple of jerseys from ProBikeKit (making use of the BNA discount of course) - will report back in the future.

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 am

I guess you could consider this a semi-online purchase. I've been looking to get a trainer for the past couple of months instead of doing interval training's on roads that aren't long enough.

Anyway, I've had a Jetblack Z1 bookmarked from bikes.com.au for so long and I called up my local 99Bikes (as they're doing TDF deals) to see if they'd match. I was told sure, just bring in the website and if they do free postage. Rocked up and they honored the price matching which saved me $40 and the clerk told me I must have caught the manager on a good day as general accessories aren't priced matched.

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:29 am

ningnangnong wrote:
jgon286 wrote: I'll make sure to always look at their emails too. The wheelset had already been the best priced by far at $229. The special price was $179.
Hot damn! That is an absolute bargain, can't believe I missed it! Could've been had for $169 if you signed up for the newsletter too. :shock:

I'm about to order a couple of jerseys from ProBikeKit (making use of the BNA discount of course) - will report back in the future.
Hope you're not in a hurry for them.

I ordered a couple of things from them on the 23rd June and still waiting, they don't seem to be the quickest place to get things from.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

dubrat

Postby dubrat » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:58 am

Dan wrote:
Dan wrote:bike24 order and Total Yycling order both placed 13/05/13. bike24 arrived today 31/05 - fairly typical 2 weeks for DHL from DE to AU.

Total Cycling order? Only left N.Ireland yesterday - 30/05. All items were stock.

:roll:

Now 8 June - still no sign of the package from Northern Ireland. Royal Mail mumbled something about it perhaps having been processed for delivery to the destination country.
Wish I found this thread re Total Cycling before I ordered stuff

Order placed 25/05/2013 arrived today Missing the hubs even tho the declaration says they are in the box....

This should be fun....

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:49 pm

Well after two less than stellar interactions with Cell I can now happy say that I have had a good one.

As much as I may have vowed that I would not use them again there constant emails letting me know of current specials wore me down. Especially when they put CO2 cartridges at $0.99.

Put the order in on the weekend and delivered this a afternoon via express post.

Not as cheap as Wiggle, ProBikeKit or any of the other UK shops for the majority of consumables but sales are worth watching.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4 Beta
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

rdp_au

Postby rdp_au » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:09 am

Pushies. Excellent service - ordered on Monday, posted yesterday (paid by direct deposit which is slower), received today. Delivery was via Aust Post, and took only one day to Sydney from Brisbane.

rdp_au

Postby rdp_au » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:12 am

Oops, didn't spell it correctly - the name is Pushys.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:32 am

Good experience with Pro-Lite Australia - bought a set of wheels online on last Thursday afternoon, Dean calls me up to get payment details, processes the payment and the wheels are in my hands on Tuesday. Very happy about that. :)

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:14 am

Summernight wrote:Good experience with Pro-Lite Australia - bought a set of wheels online on last Thursday afternoon, Dean calls me up to get payment details, processes the payment and the wheels are in my hands on Tuesday. Very happy about that. :)
Thank-you for your kind comment!

What I really want to know though is did you set a PB on your way to work this morning?? :-)
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:00 pm

jacks1071 wrote:What I really want to know though is did you set a PB on your way to work this morning?? :-)
Well, it felt much smoother and average speed was faster than most of my recent commutes when moving but I got slowed down by traffic lights so the trip was about the same as usual. It was easier to get up to a nice speed too. Not a PB though as the traffic lights ruined the run. :P

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:38 am

Major kudos to Wiggle.

Placed an order on Friday 5th July. Usually I'll see movement within 24 hours even on weekends, particularly when I fork out for the DHL delivery charge.

Didn't see anything for a few days so sent a note on Monday asking what the holdup was. Receive a note back overnight apologising and saying that one of the items was slow to transfer from one warehouse to another, and unprompted my DHL charge was refunded.

During Monday evening/Tuesday morning as well, the package shipped and I've just received it this morning (Friday 12th July). I reckon that's pretty good service (and in time to upgrade the parts on my roadie this weekend :)).
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:35 pm

Placed an order with Cell Bikes, got the email saying the goods were dispatched and they were using Couriers Please. The parts were going to my home address as I am unable to get things delivered to work and no one is at home during the day so I checked the letterbox when I got home and sure enough there was a card in there informing me I had missed the delivery and giving me a website or a phone number to call organise re-delivery. It was too late in the evening to do anything about then so planned to sort it out the next day. I got really busy at work (yes really!) and forgot about until 5pm when I was just about to walk out the door. I quickly went to their website and asked them to drop it off without signature. Got home, had dinner etc and then went to bed and then walked outside the next morning and my parcel was sitting there waiting for me! Fantastic service from Couriers Please. :)

boss

Postby boss » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Few orders with wiggle...

Ordered + dispatched on Wednesday 3/7. Used priority delivery. Arrived morning 12/7.

Ordered + dispatched on Tuesday 9/7 (ordered about 5pm Aus time, dispatched close to midnight). Used the tracked courier option. Arrived arvo 12/7.

And placed an order with Torpedo 7 Friday 5/7 about 3pm. Wasn't shipped till Monday 8/7 and hasn't arrived as yet.

As an aside, I find it surprising that shops like CE and Torpedo 7 manage to stay afloat with such slow shipping. I only went with T7 because they had an obscure/discontinued item in stock (30 foot Kryptonite cable)... if I could have got it at any of the half a dozen other shops that I usually use, I would have.

LM324

Postby LM324 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:36 pm

boss wrote: And placed an order with Torpedo 7 Friday 5/7 about 3pm. Wasn't shipped till Monday 8/7 and hasn't arrived as yet.

As an aside, I find it surprising that shops like CE and Torpedo 7 manage to stay afloat with such slow shipping. I only went with T7 because they had an obscure/discontinued item in stock (30 foot Kryptonite cable)... if I could have got it at any of the half a dozen other shops that I usually use, I would have.
Wait... isn't that good? Since it is over the weekend that is essentially next day dispatch. Considering that it has to go from their warehouse, to the airport flown to Australia and then through aus post to get to you it isn't that slow (yet), it will probably arrive at your place soon.

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Order from ProBikeKit arrived today, ordered on the 23rd June, so not the quickest.

Question : Where are they located?

I thought England.

Parcel was sent from Sweden.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2