Cycling Express - New online shop to compete with UK....

boss

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby boss » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:28 am

Has anyone had any good experiences with CE recently? I am thinking about purchasing a couple of little bits and bobs... prices are good there at the moment on what I want, but always been a bit spooked on dealing with them...

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:15 pm

CE have been sending out emails saying "under new management", so what that means for orders is anyone's guess.

My order of 26 June has been charged to my CC, but not advised of a delivery date, or even having been shipped. Just on the verge of emailing them now.

Jim

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:02 pm

familyguy wrote:CE have been sending out emails saying "under new management", so what that means for orders is anyone's guess.

My order of 26 June has been charged to my CC, but not advised of a delivery date, or even having been shipped. Just on the verge of emailing them now.

Jim
UNM will mean same ---- different day, we'll just fool u into thinking things will change so u will place a few more orders with us!

Gassy

Postby Gassy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:26 pm

The "new' warehouse is going to be in Taiwan. So it may actually ship same/next day but I wouldn't be expecting the delivery to be quicker. I believe the current shop/ warehouse will be made into a larger display/ retail area. I only purchase from here very rarely and can't see that changing..

Manly Cyclist

Postby Manly Cyclist » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Have just had a very good experience with Cycling Express - polite, helpful staff, competitive prices and timely delivery - not much else I could ask for.

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Manly Cyclist wrote:Have just had a very good experience with Cycling Express - polite, helpful staff, competitive prices and timely delivery - not much else I could ask for.
Interesting FIRST post.........

Cheers

Manly Cyclist

Postby Manly Cyclist » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:22 am

Yes very interesting, as having read this set of posts I was concerned. However, I then noticed that the majority of negative posts came from a small group. And as I said, Cycling Express were a pleasure to deal with.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:05 am

For interest, on this forum we encourage members to post positive experiences rather than negative experiences. The aim is that retailers are not unfairly targeted. In this thread have had positive involvement from Cycling Express last year and this became a valuable feedback loop and a good way to discuss and resolve issues.
Cycling is in my BNA

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:27 am

AUbicycles wrote:For interest, on this forum we encourage members to post positive experiences rather than negative experiences. The aim is that retailers are not unfairly targeted. In this thread have had positive involvement from Cycling Express last year and this became a valuable feedback loop and a good way to discuss and resolve issues.
Isn't that what the good and bad shopping experiences thread is for?

Yes Cycling Express did have a good involvement when they first started and were actually interested in what was going on with there customers.

I am wondering why BNA bother with companies that can't do there job properly? EG:CE, and Probikeit, both seem to be not interested in public relations.

Ordered through BNA with Probikekit on the 23rd June and still waiting, just another dodgy company to add to the DO NOT USE List.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:34 am

I've had good experiences with both of those shops Ozzymac, and a couple of not so good one's as well. They're not on my preferred shopping list but I will resort to them if the sale/discount/product availability is good enough...

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:38 am

Hi Ozzymac. On the Good / Bad experiences thread yes - though I guess we still try to be cautious as everyone know about the vindictive customers who will sign up for the purpose of damaging a reputation and we have been largely able to limit this.

My experiences with Cycling Express were fine, it was last year at the time there was involvement in the forum and I ordered twice. On once occasion the wrong gear came and I sent it back and the correct item was sent. The deliver took much longer than it was suggested for one delivery.

Regarding BNA involvement - CE were previously advertising though now there is just an affiliate arrange such as with PBK. PBK are a big company but I can't say that everyone is having the same experience as you. The affiliate arrangement helps pay the bills particularly and while I encourage advertising - the main thing is that I don't make it hard for the community - so while the idea of a subscription or VIP arrangement has been discussed - the advertising and affiliate arrangement is relatively non-intrusive.
Cycling is in my BNA

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:42 am

AUbicycles wrote:Hi Ozzymac. On the Good / Bad experiences thread yes - though I guess we still try to be cautious as everyone know about the vindictive customers who will sign up for the purpose of damaging a reputation and we have been largely able to limit this.

My experiences with Cycling Express were fine, it was last year at the time there was involvement in the forum and I ordered twice. On once occasion the wrong gear came and I sent it back and the correct item was sent. The deliver took much longer than it was suggested for one delivery.

Regarding BNA involvement - CE were previously advertising though now there is just an affiliate arrange such as with PBK. PBK are a big company but I can't say that everyone is having the same experience as you. The affiliate arrangement helps pay the bills particularly and while I encourage advertising - the main thing is that I don't make it hard for the community - so while the idea of a subscription or VIP arrangement has been discussed - the advertising and affiliate arrangement is relatively non-intrusive.
Thanks for the reply.

I think overall the subscription or VIP arrangement would be good for BNA and everyone else overall. It would save BNA from having to advertise companies that don't do the right thing for there customers, would probably get rid of some of the rifraf too:smile:

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:06 pm

One obvious negative about Cycling Express I frequently encounter is that the prices shown for products in their emails do not match the website with the latter always being higher. I'm sure this is illegal. A case in point is today's email listing a set of Easton EA90 SL wheels at $399.95 but the website price is $499.95. This really needs to be fixed.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:15 pm

biker jk wrote:One obvious negative about Cycling Express I frequently encounter is that the prices shown for products in their emails do not match the website with the latter always being higher. I'm sure this is illegal. A case in point is today's email listing a set of Easton EA90 SL wheels at $399.95 but the website price is $499.95. This really needs to be fixed.
I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and say this was a simple error in processing, but yes it is illegal. No question.

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:26 pm

Xplora wrote:
biker jk wrote:One obvious negative about Cycling Express I frequently encounter is that the prices shown for products in their emails do not match the website with the latter always being higher. I'm sure this is illegal. A case in point is today's email listing a set of Easton EA90 SL wheels at $399.95 but the website price is $499.95. This really needs to be fixed.
I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and say this was a simple error in processing, but yes it is illegal. No question.
I wouldn't give them the time of day or benefit of the doubt they have been doing it since they opened more than a year ago along with many other pointed out issues that have never been addressed to this day. I will continue to say CE are nothing but smoke and mirrors...........

Ricky

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Xplora wrote:
They did correct it later in the sale.

jackthelad

Postby jackthelad » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:08 pm

i was banned from there facebook page for complaining of bad service/ low communication
i wonder if that means i will be allowed to join page again, they still send out emails to me too
always sales for rd parts hardly ever see mtb parts for sale
SantaCruz HighTower LT
SantaCruz Blur XC Carbon
Kona Kula Supreme(Retired/Spare)
Surly Karate Monkey
Ribble Rd Bike

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Seems to be a heck of a lot more bikes on the site now, certainly not too shabby. The Team C Ultegra/105 bike is now $1300, outstandingly cheap.

slytec

Postby slytec » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Signed up for the newsletter today, didnt receive any code for my $10 discount, anybody have any success with this?

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:24 pm

slytec wrote:Signed up for the newsletter today, didnt receive any code for my $10 discount, anybody have any success with this?
Yes I had the same problem and emailed them to notify them and received a reply saying there was a bug in the system and they "will forward the code shortly" That was about 24 hours ago, I was sweating on the code because I wanted to place an order. I couldn't wait as the parts I wanted were on special for onky 24 hours so went ahaead and ordered them anyway. $10 isn't going to break the bank and the parts were more than $10 cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

Got another email later yesterday saying the goods have been shipped (and a tracking # provided) so can't complain about that.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:28 pm

So is it a completely new mob behind cycling express now?
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

LM324

Postby LM324 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:01 pm

August 2013 –with new support and new, bolder plans, CyclingExpress.com relaunches to the world market. A designed webstore and a new global distribution centre help furnish the company’s international goals of better service and better prices to an even wider market.
If your order qualifies for free shipping and you select the free delivery option, your order will be sent via air delivery with an expected delivery time of 10 business days. There is no tracking available with this service.
Cycling express isn't an Australian store anymore. They are based somewhere overseas now.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:24 pm

Yes - Cycling Express is now based in China (logistics) although it still appears to be related to Azzuri with a Melbourne contact number.

I don't know the details however though hope that they can fill me in.
Cycling is in my BNA

santacruzscott

Postby santacruzscott » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:23 pm

Thought I should post this here as well as in the "online purchases" thread.

Ordered from them on the 19th and have heard nothing.
C/C was charged , but no dispatch notice.

Chased it up last night with an email , said they would look into it today.
Just got the dispatch email now.
I know they are in the middle of a big change , but 12 days to dispatch items that were advertised in stock

Wait and see now what turns up in the package (have had previous orders with them that have turned up with items missing).

Hoping that their new set-up works better than the old.
The website looks better , and is easier to use than the old one.
Thats a good start. :)

jacksonho

Postby jacksonho » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:24 am

The new relaunch seems to have issues. Due to poor customer service I unsubscribed from their mailing list months ago and now I have been spammed twice this morning with no way of unsubscribing.