Purchasing Mag trainer

DG

Purchasing Mag trainer

Postby DG » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi. Great forum, thanks to the contributors. I wish to buy a mag trainer and am considering two models of the Minoura trainer. One has 425watts resistance at 40km/h and the other (higher price) has 460watts at 40km/h. I was wondering if it was worth paying more dollars ($60) to have the extra resistance? I generally have weak and thin legs. I am just getting back into cycling after a long siesta and used to race D grade for several years. I guess I don’t have the time-commitment to be a high kilometre cyclist just at the moment and want the trainer both for rain days and to have a good workout in a short time. What do you have to say about the trainers mentioned. Should I pay the extra $60 and get the better trainer? :?:

trailgumby

Re: Purchasing Mag trainer

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Kurt Kinetic Road Machine 8)

macca33

Re: Purchasing Mag trainer

Postby macca33 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:03 pm

I recently purchased the CycleOps Super Magneto Pro trainer and have found it to be very good....when I have to ride indoors.... Cannot compare it to anything else, but the price and capacity of the thing is fairly good.

Trainers can provide a very good workout and enable you to train exactly how you wish, ie HR Zone, interval, etc in safety - without influence of wind, etc, so they are a worthwhile investment.

cheers
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares & Ridley Noah SL