Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

jasonc

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:14 pm

ozzymac wrote:Order from ProBikeKit arrived today, ordered on the 23rd June, so not the quickest.

Question : Where are they located?

I thought England.

Parcel was sent from Sweden.
same thing happened recently for me from PBK. ordered 2 GP4000s tyres for ~$64 del. came from sweden

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Wiggle - about $400 worth of parts, added $6 priority

Mon 15/7 - 7.30am ordered
Mon 15/7 - 1.53pm fulfilled and sent with DHL tracking
Wed 17/7 - Perth customs

quite impressed with wiggle lately, and prices are only a few dollars out from ribble etc, considering they dont do free postage and didnt have everything i wanted all under the one shop.

no brainer.

bollo

Postby bollo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:15 pm

cell bikes , ordered a new rear light a Knog Blinder 4V Vertical Rear Light-Gunmetal
ordered around 9.30pm last night get home from work today & there it is waiting for me bloody orsome , well done cell
2013 Cube Lightning HPC SL Race
2012 Merida Scultura Evo 905

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:19 pm

bollo wrote:cell bikes , ordered a new rear light a Knog Blinder 4V Vertical Rear Light-Gunmetal
ordered around 9.30pm last night get home from work today & there it is waiting for me bloody orsome , well done cell
:shock:

jacob_T

Postby jacob_T » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Ordered from Wiggle Sunday night. Received dispatch notice within hours.

Ordered from Evans Cycles Monday morning. Just received dispatch notice now (Thursday night)... 3 and a half days to put bib shorts in a mail bag.

Wouldn't normally be bothered, but compared to Wiggle its very slow.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Ordered from Wiggle Saturday night, arrived to my office just then - brilliant.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Made my first order from Cell last Tuesday, of a pair of Re-fuse tyres. Arrived yesterday, in time to save me another wet commute on my slippery Kendas. Had some hiccups on the website when buying, but happy with the experience.

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:48 pm

jacob_T wrote:
Ordered from Evans Cycles Monday morning. Just received dispatch notice now (Thursday night)... 3 and a half days to put bib shorts in a mail bag.

Wouldn't normally be bothered, but compared to Wiggle its very slow.
I ordered a 'tubeless kit' from Evans inc tyres, rim inserts etc. Arrived today 2 weeks since ordering and 12 days since they said they sent it. A bit slow for me and the rim inserts didn't have the valves so It was a less than happy experience for me.
It is a pity that Wiggle gets some great items but they let them slip when they run out of stock. All of the items I ordered from Evans were at Wiggle at some stage.

CB

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:23 pm

jgon286 wrote:Had a knock on the door from some door-to-door charity people and they pointed out the nice big brown box at my door. This was the next day, Tuesday afternoon also around 5pm. Who knows how long it had been sitting there?
Hi jgon, glad your package was safe. We will bring this up with the courier at our next meeting.

-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:25 pm

lobstermash wrote:Made my first order from Cell last Tuesday, of a pair of Re-fuse tyres. Arrived yesterday, in time to save me another wet commute on my slippery Kendas. Had some hiccups on the website when buying, but happy with the experience.
Hi lobstermash, thanks for your feedback. Would you mind letting me know what hiccups you had on the website either by pm or email (mark@this link is broken).

Cheers,
website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:28 pm

bollo wrote:cell bikes , ordered a new rear light a Knog Blinder 4V Vertical Rear Light-Gunmetal
Hi bollo, this is what we strive for. If Wiggle can get it to Oz within 4 days, we need to get it to you within 1-2 days, depending on if you live Metro or in the Bush. If your order is in stock, and takes more than 4 days, please let me know and I will see what's up and make it up to you.
-website mgr Mark

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Sure thing. Email being created...

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:38 pm

lobstermash wrote:Sure thing. Email being created...
Thanks mate, we appreciate it when you take your own time to help us improve.

Have a good night.
-website mgr Mark

dale79

Postby dale79 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Ordered some bits the other day and added a few pairs of socks to get it over the free shipping limit. Well only 1 pair of socks showed up and they were also on the next days specials list.. Quick email had the missing pair and another pair headed my way to cover the discount!

Happy with that!

BastardSheep

Postby BastardSheep » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Made a purchase from 99bikes last Thursday night (around 9pm). It wasn't all that sizeable a purchase, Garmin 510 & two spare inner tubes. My first purchase from them online, so going by your average Aussie store packaging/delivery times, I wasn't expecting it for roughly a week, up to 1.5-2 weeks. It arrived today, WELL ahead of my expectation, at about 10am. I'm very impressed.
n=1 | 2006 Learsport TR3240 Hardtail

bakabill

Postby bakabill » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Recently bought a bunch of stuff from pushys.com.au - ordered on 18th and items arrived on 22nd.

One item was damaged (gloves were scuffed and torn) - emailed customer service with photos same night.

Response the next morning was to post it back (special PO box where postage is covered by pushys) and they will send a replacement.

Good experience so far!

boss

Postby boss » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Philipthelam wrote:
boss wrote: And placed an order with Torpedo 7 Friday 5/7 about 3pm. Wasn't shipped till Monday 8/7 and hasn't arrived as yet.

As an aside, I find it surprising that shops like CE and Torpedo 7 manage to stay afloat with such slow shipping. I only went with T7 because they had an obscure/discontinued item in stock (30 foot Kryptonite cable)... if I could have got it at any of the half a dozen other shops that I usually use, I would have.
Wait... isn't that good? Since it is over the weekend that is essentially next day dispatch. Considering that it has to go from their warehouse, to the airport flown to Australia and then through aus post to get to you it isn't that slow (yet), it will probably arrive at your place soon.
Despatch wasn't that bad although I would assume putting an order through at 3pm it could be despatched same day. All the major O/S guys can do that, as can Cell here locally.

You can usually rely on 3 business days days from capital city to capital city.

The gear arrived to me on 17/7, so it took a solid 12 days to arrive here. We can argue whether or not T7 should have shipped on the Friday, but who cares, so from dispatch that is 8 business days. Even if Australia Post is taking 4 days, that's 4 days from NZ to Aus.

Whether or not those sort of time frames are 'reasonable' from NZ, I tend to avoid T7 unless I have to use them.

Heck, I didn't even know T7 were a NZ seller (they crank the .com.au) until someone told me a little while back. I assume many people wouldn't even know.

It was probably harsh putting them in the same category as CE, I suppose, at least you can count on having your gear from T7 arrive within about 7-10 business days.

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Just finished making my 3rd order with Cell. Mark, your CS is superb and delivery was quick smart. I've bought myself a spanking new helmet, some more tyres (for the other bikes) and some servicing tools. Big thumbs up and no issues on the site this time.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:03 pm

lobstermash wrote:Just finished making my 3rd order with Cell. Mark, your CS is superb and delivery was quick smart. I've bought myself a spanking new helmet, some more tyres (for the other bikes) and some servicing tools. Big thumbs up and no issues on the site this time.
No worries lobstermash. whatever we can do to help.
-website mgr Mark

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:41 pm

ningnangnong wrote: I'm about to order a couple of jerseys from ProBikeKit (making use of the BNA discount of course) - will report back in the future.
Delivered today - took just over two weeks.

Not too bad considering some of the stories I've read on here about PBK!

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Have to give a big thumbs up to Ribble. I ordered a pile of stuff on Sunday 14/07 shipped on the 16/07 and arrived on the 22/07.

SEQrider

Postby SEQrider » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 am

Anyone have any experience with Velomine? I'm looking at buying some wheels from them. The price seems good, built wheels are cheaper than I can source the parts, just wondering about quality and delivery/packaging. Cheers.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:35 pm

SEQrider wrote:Anyone have any experience with Velomine? I'm looking at buying some wheels from them. The price seems good, built wheels are cheaper than I can source the parts, just wondering about quality and delivery/packaging. Cheers.
Bought a set of wheels from them, about 2 weeks delivery, came in a proper wheel box, so arrived safe and sound.

wouldnt hesitate, alot of the FG/SS guys have used him as hes a reliable and very competitive price wise for builds, and good wheels builds too.

Shpox

Postby Shpox » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Does anyone have recent experience with Cycling Express? They've changed their website up a bit and the emails I have sent have been replied to within a day. I need to some items and CE are cheaper than Wiggle. Just wondering if it's better to Price Match and go with Wiggle (who have been really great) or stick with CE whom I've never tried before.

SEQrider

Postby SEQrider » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:38 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
SEQrider wrote:Anyone have any experience with Velomine? I'm looking at buying some wheels from them. The price seems good, built wheels are cheaper than I can source the parts, just wondering about quality and delivery/packaging. Cheers.
Bought a set of wheels from them, about 2 weeks delivery, came in a proper wheel box, so arrived safe and sound.

wouldnt hesitate, alot of the FG/SS guys have used him as hes a reliable and very competitive price wise for builds, and good wheels builds too.
Ok, thanks for that. I ordered today. Mavic Open Pro with Ultegra 6700 hubs, DT Swiss spokes delivered for $364 AUD.