I love my bike

I love my bike

Postby eldavo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:41 pm

First post for the sub-forum?
Well I forget the brand he rides but Mark Cavendish in 2011 (aka Year of the Cadel) said "I love my bike".
That sound bite always comes to mind when enjoying a ride. My first all carbon, first Specialized, for first post in the sub-forum I couldn't miss the chance to say it (Cav video edit to be inserted)

2008 S-Works Roubaix SL frameset and S-Works crank with carbon crankarms, then DIY commuter frankenstein for the rest of it.
Image
eldavo
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

by BNA » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:56 am

BNA
 

Re: I love my bike

Postby santacruzscott » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:56 am

Same frame , slightly different build.......... :lol:

Image
User avatar
santacruzscott
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:01 am
Location: Hobart , Tasmania

Re: I love my bike

Postby Hughesy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 am

santacruzscott wrote:Same frame , slightly different build.......... :lol:

Image

Nice bike :D
Hughesy
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:48 pm
Location: Irishman in Perth

Re: I love my bike

Postby Cruiserman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:08 pm

I have the same Quickstep Sworks frame but again a different build, coincidently it is also my ride to work each day 57k round trip.

Image
2008 Specialized SWorks Roubaix SL - Zipps - Campag - Nuff Said
1986 Spokesman Model 11 Racing - Campag Nuvo Record - Stronglight - Shimano 600
Image
Cruiserman
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Re: I love my bike

Postby rkelsen » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:18 pm

eldavo wrote:2008 S-Works Roubaix SL frameset and S-Works crank with carbon crankarms, then DIY commuter frankenstein for the rest of it.
Image

Does it eat lycra-clad MAMILs for breakfast?

I love it too. :lol:
User avatar
rkelsen
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: I love my bike

Postby aeroslave » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:48 am

Nice!


In some countries though...this might cause a violent protest and riots.
User avatar
aeroslave
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:04 am

Re: I love my bike

Postby eldavo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:59 pm

I prefer the looks of the drop bars, Zipp wheels are the winner though I think.
I only recently realised drops aren't like they used to be, with hoods now so people can be as comfy as a flat bar.
I'm looking for a flat foot stretched cruiser at the moment, so decided for Freaky Friday to try some similar ladies cruiser bling chrome and steel on for size. Back to back it's worse control than the flat bar riser, and negative degree below level it's not comfy at the moment, so will try mirroring with positive angle above level for trip home.

I call it the Pink Triangle now, multiple levels including Weezer reference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Triangle_%28song%29
Image

I don't know about some countries, the Australian Christian Lobby are doing well here.
http://www.acl.org.au/

With my other bike I thought why not promote the best of both worlds? Have your cake and sausage too. Queue some Bowie.
Image

Back to original topic, does anyone recall the ad with Mark Cavendish ending "I love my bike"?
Google says he was on a Specialized that year, so I presume the team was and that was the team ad, but haven't found it so far.
eldavo
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: I love my bike

Postby Cruiserman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:18 pm

He was riding for HTC Highroad at the time. I luuuuuuuveee mah new boike. Have had a look around but havent found the advert for you.
2008 Specialized SWorks Roubaix SL - Zipps - Campag - Nuff Said
1986 Spokesman Model 11 Racing - Campag Nuvo Record - Stronglight - Shimano 600
Image
Cruiserman
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Re: I love my bike

Postby eldavo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Yeah I found some HTC team ads, will look some more some time.

Your bike looks fast enough to chase down that red arrow before the year's end :twisted:
eldavo
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: I love my bike

Postby Cruiserman » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:27 pm

eldavo wrote:Your bike looks fast enough to chase down that red arrow before the year's end :twisted:


Ill give it a good shake but a lazy period during the middle of the year has made for a big gap and some busy days coming up will make completing the usual 56k commute a little more difficult.
2008 Specialized SWorks Roubaix SL - Zipps - Campag - Nuff Said
1986 Spokesman Model 11 Racing - Campag Nuvo Record - Stronglight - Shimano 600
Image
Cruiserman
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Re: I love my bike

Postby The Walrus » Sat May 18, 2013 9:50 am

Hey eldavo

I'm thinking of swapping the drops for flats on my roubaix. Did you do the change yourself or through the LBS?
Never underestimate the power of ignorance
User avatar
The Walrus
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: I love my bike

Postby eldavo » Sat May 18, 2013 12:18 pm

I did it myself but started with stock frame and crankset, gear set from my downhill bike 1x9. New cables from LBS. Various bars and grips from my own previous bike spares.
eldavo
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: I love my bike

Postby The Walrus » Sat May 18, 2013 5:18 pm

No problems with the geometry issues that many people mention when I ask people about it?

Some say its fine to do it and a few say no, making the swap isn't a good idea?

I'm guessing that it depends on each individual and their fit to their bike.
Never underestimate the power of ignorance
User avatar
The Walrus
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: I love my bike

Postby eldavo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Sorry Walrus been meaning to reply, it could be a mega discussion, simply as you said depends an a lot of things and down to the individual weighing all those up.
For me no I don't have any issues with it.

Generally in life I think understanding and diagnosing and defining the problem is shortcut to general solutions or trial and error (usually ones involving more consumption).
I'd suggest hunting good bike fit/assessment professional based on your body and your bike, then if adjustments of that tool (bike) aren't workable look at other tools (bikes) that meet the good bike fit requirements for you. Don't go into analysis paralysis though!

My commute km's are on a specific repeated route of specific variations and conditions, and would have drastically different needs if living/travelling in the opposite direction to the city. I wouldn't say what's best for me on this side of the fence would stay the same on the other, so how internet experts can make the right assumptions and tell me what changes I need always entertains me. Only once in real life had an absurd equivalent while riding an electric bike I had someone on the road pass me and tell me my seat height was too high. He seemed genuinely intending to help but obviously made the wrong set of assumptions as I happened to pass him on the next small freeway overpass elevation. Take people with a pinch of salt, apply a generous dollop of intellectual integrity, and a dash of humour.

PS: Here's a factory flatbar Roubaix, Sirrus Limited, not what I wanted for numerous personal reasons of ergonomics, aesthetics, economics.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/pacific- ... 1018931830
eldavo
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: I love my bike

Postby djw47 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:16 pm

eldavo wrote:First post for the sub-forum?
Well I forget the brand he rides but Mark Cavendish in 2011 (aka Year of the Cadel) said "I love my bike".
That sound bite always comes to mind when enjoying a ride. My first all carbon, first Specialized, for first post in the sub-forum I couldn't miss the chance to say it (Cav video edit to be inserted)

2008 S-Works Roubaix SL frameset and S-Works crank with carbon crankarms, then DIY commuter frankenstein for the rest of it.



Cav was rising for the HTC team on a Specialized (see http://road.cc/content/news/28956-first ... eam-videos ) in 2011. What were you thinking putting so much rubbish on such a beautiful frame? That's vandalism imho.
Image
djw47
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 am
Location: The Dandenongs

Re: I love my bike

Postby eldavo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks that is the video series, closer but not the 'i love my bike' ad.

The Roubaix is no longer a commuter, hasn't been ridden much more than one token summer ride this year so is being re-birthed as a rare recreational ride.
Image
eldavo
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: I love my bike

Postby The Walrus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:19 am

eldavo wrote:Sorry Walrus been meaning to reply, it could be a mega discussion, simply as you said depends an a lot of things and down to the individual weighing all those up.
For me no I don't have any issues with it.

Generally in life I think understanding and diagnosing and defining the problem is shortcut to general solutions or trial and error (usually ones involving more consumption).
I'd suggest hunting good bike fit/assessment professional based on your body and your bike, then if adjustments of that tool (bike) aren't workable look at other tools (bikes) that meet the good bike fit requirements for you. Don't go into analysis paralysis though!

My commute km's are on a specific repeated route of specific variations and conditions, and would have drastically different needs if living/travelling in the opposite direction to the city. I wouldn't say what's best for me on this side of the fence would stay the same on the other, so how internet experts can make the right assumptions and tell me what changes I need always entertains me. Only once in real life had an absurd equivalent while riding an electric bike I had someone on the road pass me and tell me my seat height was too high. He seemed genuinely intending to help but obviously made the wrong set of assumptions as I happened to pass him on the next small freeway overpass elevation. Take people with a pinch of salt, apply a generous dollop of intellectual integrity, and a dash of humour.

PS: Here's a factory flatbar Roubaix, Sirrus Limited, not what I wanted for numerous personal reasons of ergonomics, aesthetics, economics.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/pacific- ... 1018931830


Thanks for the reply...my bike is doing nothing so this idea is still very appealing to me. I'm happy on my MTB for fitness rides and I don't commute so this would be for fun/fitness and the hell of it...that or sell it and get 'not much'

For me drop bars are more than just a style of handlebar...they feel like a statement to me
Never underestimate the power of ignorance
User avatar
The Walrus
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: I love my bike

Postby RideLikeTheWind » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:51 am

I have posted the build in The Shed - but I thought I would post this here too - I love my bike!

Specialized Tarmac Elite frame with full Ultegra with Gore Pro, Praxis BB adapter, Fulcrum 3 Racing and Easton bits, Fizik saddle. Awesome ride and a massive upgrade to my previous machine.

Image
Specialized Tarmac - finished! by iridelikethewind, on Flickr
Image
User avatar
RideLikeTheWind
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: Glenmore Park

Re: I love my bike

Postby Datto1600 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:27 am

RideLikeTheWind wrote:I have posted the build in The Shed - but I thought I would post this here too - I love my bike!

Specialized Tarmac Elite frame with full Ultegra with Gore Pro, Praxis BB adapter, Fulcrum 3 Racing and Easton bits, Fizik saddle. Awesome ride and a massive upgrade to my previous machine.

Image
Specialized Tarmac - finished! by iridelikethewind, on Flickr

nice:)
Specialized Tarmac sl 2
Specialized Carve Expert
Datto1600
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: I love my bike

Postby eldavo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:51 am

Indeed very nice, if it were mine I'd like to see the Red Fulcrum Racing Zero on there, can't have enough colour IMHO ;)
eldavo
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: I love my bike

Postby RideLikeTheWind » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:57 am

Thanks!

eldavo wrote:Indeed very nice, if it were mine I'd like to see the Red Fulcrum Racing Zero on there, can't have enough colour IMHO ;)


LOL me too - but I couldn't justify the $ :)
Image
User avatar
RideLikeTheWind
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: Glenmore Park

Re: I love my bike

Postby eldavo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:12 pm

I think that qualifies as a legitimate tax deductable charity we can donate to... or at least a Kickstart project =D
eldavo
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: I love my bike

Postby RideLikeTheWind » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:35 pm

I like the sound of that!
Image
User avatar
RideLikeTheWind
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: Glenmore Park

Re: I love my bike

Postby barney all fixed » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:49 pm

yes i love my bike as well a 2011 transition pro red white colours and seeking a nice set of carbon clinchers to finish my sexy toy.
and just getting into some training and want to try some triathlons or bi athlons to start with but this specialized is as sexy as a p3 cervelo ........nah better than a cervelo sorry cervelo fans
and craig enjoys it on m7 or out to camden !!!
barney all fixed
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:21 pm


Return to Specialized

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit