2013 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

TailWind

Re: 2013 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby TailWind » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:44 am

gretaboy wrote:Well, looked at my monthly stats this morning. I am averaging 1400-1700 k's a month, depending on how many days off I have. If I go hard I could potentially get to the 15k mark by the end of september or very early October. If I was able to achieve this, I am starting to think that maybe just maybe I could get to the 20k mark for commuting.

Especially with the weather warming up. Would mean a huge effort however, and I have been lacking in motivation the last two weeks to the point I have dropped back from a 100k roundtrip to now just doing the basic 90 k trip.

I was planning to include other exercise items into my life, but my riding OCD is starting to kick back in. If I do give it a crack, I will be pissed if I dont get to 20k however
A noble goal - go for it!
I'll keep plugging away at my current rate, not much more I can do at this point...
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:20 am

TailWind wrote:
gretaboy wrote:Well, looked at my monthly stats this morning. I am averaging 1400-1700 k's a month, depending on how many days off I have. If I go hard I could potentially get to the 15k mark by the end of september or very early October. If I was able to achieve this, I am starting to think that maybe just maybe I could get to the 20k mark for commuting.

Especially with the weather warming up. Would mean a huge effort however, and I have been lacking in motivation the last two weeks to the point I have dropped back from a 100k roundtrip to now just doing the basic 90 k trip.

I was planning to include other exercise items into my life, but my riding OCD is starting to kick back in. If I do give it a crack, I will be pissed if I dont get to 20k however
I'll keep plugging away at my current rate, not much more I can do at this point...
TW...nothing noble about it...just plain stupidity if I do...will see how next month goes, that will be the clincher

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:30 am

gretaboy wrote:
TailWind wrote:
gretaboy wrote:I was planning to include other exercise items into my life, but my riding OCD is starting to kick back in. If I do give it a crack, I will be pissed if I dont get to 20k however
TW...nothing noble about it...just plain stupidity if I do...will see how next month goes, that will be the clincher
we're all nuts. I can't catch TW. TW can't catch you. Can we all just stop now and go have a beer - TW's shout?

TailWind

Postby TailWind » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:38 am

jasonc wrote:
gretaboy wrote:
we're all nuts. I can't catch TW. TW can't catch you. Can we all just stop now and go have a beer - TW's shout?
Haha, excellent...I have a couple of kegs of Ale and Porter just about mature enough for tasting! Swing by my place - you can even log the mileage as a commute :mrgreen:
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:05 pm

TailWind wrote: Haha, excellent...I have a couple of kegs of Ale and Porter just about mature enough for tasting! Swing by my place - you can even log the mileage as a commute :mrgreen:
The courier will be there monday to pick a keg up..once empty keg will be returned :mrgreen:

TailWind

Postby TailWind » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:09 pm

gretaboy wrote:
TailWind wrote: Haha, excellent...I have a couple of kegs of Ale and Porter just about mature enough for tasting! Swing by my place - you can even log the mileage as a commute :mrgreen:
The courier will be there monday to pick a keg up..once empty keg will be returned :mrgreen:
Seeing as this is a cycling forum as opposed to a beer appreciation forum, I must insist on a bicycle pickup of said brew! :wink:
But, on a serious note, if you you guys should ever visit sunny ol' Melbourne, let me know...would be good to catch up!!

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:26 pm

TailWind wrote:Seeing as this is a cycling forum as opposed to a beer appreciation forum, I must insist on a bicycle pickup of said brew! :wink:
But, on a serious note, if you you guys should ever visit sunny ol' Melbourne, let me know...would be good to catch up!!
I agree
it's even electric (that'll get you the first hour.....)

TW - I do get down to Melboune occasionally (being a Melbourne boy), will keep it in mind if time permits

TailWind

Postby TailWind » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:04 pm

jasonc wrote:
TailWind wrote:Seeing as this is a cycling forum as opposed to a beer appreciation forum, I must insist on a bicycle pickup of said brew! :wink:
I agree
it's even electric (that'll get you the first hour.....)
TW - I do get down to Melboune occasionally (being a Melbourne boy), will keep it in mind if time permits
Mine has no electric assist, but it can fit 6 kegs (ok, I'm missing number 6 in the shot, but you get the picture :mrgreen: )
Mind you, with ~90 litres of brew as shown, plus the weight of the kegs, I'm over the load limit of 70kg at the front anyway.

Cool, if you make to Melbourne and you have the time , drop me a note - I have a couple of spare bikes...

westab

Postby westab » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Nuts - not you guys - maybe machines and there is no way I could catch any of you. Enjoy your well earned beer.

I am happy just logging in this months worth - just over 900kms - my biggest ever. I may just be able to get to that magic 5000km mark again this year; but no way do I have time to catch you guys even if the comp ran to 2014 and you all stopepd now.

Still its good motivation on those cold wet mornings in Sydney's western suburbs :D
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

oxonabike

Postby oxonabike » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Is anyone else experiencing some reluctance on the Endomondo site to upload rides directly from a Garmin device via the Garmin Plugin? Currently the site is detecting the ride(s) waiting to be uploaded but seems to refuse to upload and save them. Can be overcome by manually selecting the file and uploading it, but in the past it's been pretty good at working with the plugin.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:34 pm

same problem ox. phew. thought it was me.

westab

Postby westab » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 am

Last months kms way down due to being sick for two weeks with a bad cold.

Only 366kms but that should move me up to sixth fora few days - hope for more this month.(maybe about 500km)

Aiming to finish the year in the top five if possible.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:17 am

endomondo garmin upload working again

oxonabike

Postby oxonabike » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:51 am

jasonc wrote:endomondo garmin upload working again
Yes, with improvements, in that you can select 'cycling transport' from the upload dialogue instead of having to edit the ride after uploading.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:31 pm

righto. who is "Ryszard Wojcieszek" from Poland and what is he doing in our challenge?
Last edited by jasonc on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:34 pm

jasonc wrote:righto. who is "Ryszard Wojcieszek" from Poland and what he doing in our challenge?
no idea..but as I was the one who set the challenge up this year, I did get a request from him to join in the middle of the year I think...he also added himself, I deleted him and knocked his request back as well.. he is gone now (for the moment at least :))

oxonabike

Postby oxonabike » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Glad you queried this Jason, as I have been watching this character with interest, seeing as he is challenging my tenuous grip on 4th place. If you have a look at his Endomondo activities, they are certainly not commutes that he is doing to get those km's up.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:55 pm

oxonabike wrote:Glad you queried this Jason, as I have been watching this character with interest, seeing as he is challenging my tenuous grip on 4th place. If you have a look at his Endomondo activities, they are certainly not commutes that he is doing to get those km's up.
anything to help you out, except deleting my rides

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:46 am

I am a little disappointed at the moment :(

I am actually starting to feel crook...thanks must go out to the wife...and I was planning to take next week off but if this cold/flu continues it will be sick leave instead. I just hope I am better before we go to NZ for a holiday.

Regardless....the disappointing factor is that if I ride tomorrow, then I will be just roughly 3 days of riding away from reaching 15000 commute k's for the year. This being the last personal goal that I set for myself this year, having already reached my climbing metre goal of 100 000 metres.

So looks like I am going to have to wait nearly 3 weeks before I can reach this milestone....not going to be easy.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:58 am

I'm running out of goals too
12000kms for the year will (should) be early next week
am closing in on 10000kms for the year commuting
passed my goal of 120k of climbing for the year (approaching 140k)

westab

Postby westab » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:40 pm

Well logged last months kms - up to 5th. (even though this month was light on kms again - got to love having a week off work)

Don't know who Sylvie Charbonneau is from Canada but am glad to be in front of her.

JasonC how about a new goal - keep ahead of the combined kms of Ox and myself (you in Ox - lets get him :lol: ) - I will do my best to push you along especially with the weather so nice at the moment and also more kms as I have to commute to little a's on Saturday morning as well. Two vs one may not be fair but like I tell my kids - thats how you win :?: :roll: :wink:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:50 pm

i have leave coming up soon. you guys may thrash me

oxonabike

Postby oxonabike » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:45 pm

westab wrote:Well logged last months kms - up to 5th. (even though this month was light on kms again - got to love having a week off work)

Don't know who Sylvie Charbonneau is from Canada but am glad to be in front of her.

JasonC how about a new goal - keep ahead of the combined kms of Ox and myself (you in Ox - lets get him :lol: ) - I will do my best to push you along especially with the weather so nice at the moment and also more kms as I have to commute to little a's on Saturday morning as well. Two vs one may not be fair but like I tell my kids - thats how you win :?: :roll: :wink:
What a splendid Idea. And Jase doesn't even have to agree to it... it can be our goal. :wink: My issue is that I have three weeks off in Nov, so that approximates to 450 km's I won't rack up. So I might have to think about sneaking a few extended commutes in.

westab

Postby westab » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Well I'm just back from a week off - looks like leave is the order of the day. Enjoy it Ox & Jason - I will be extending the kms too.

Looks like its "ON LIKE DONKEY KONG" - ride safe and enjoy. :mrgreen:

ps Jason - 9949.42 kms / Team Ox - 9443.18 (Jason leads by 506.24km)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm getting ripped off somewhere. my spreadsheet has my at 9996kms commuting for the year.