Cycling Express - New online shop to compete with UK....

User avatar
rheicel
Posts: 2222
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby rheicel » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:54 pm

MDL wrote:Had a look at the cadel bars on Friday. $1.99

Now the 10% off for the weekend the standard price has gone up to $2.45

Go figure.

MDL

Wiggle and CRC is doing the same thing!
Image
Image Image

User avatar
Ross
Posts: 4448
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby Ross » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:28 pm

$2.15ea at Coles if you are talking about the Winners bars

thomashouseman
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:07 am
Location: Toongabbie NSW
Contact:

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby thomashouseman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:18 am

Just wore their Jersey for the first time. (Size Large) It's the smallest LARGE I've ever seen. Almost cut my biceps in half and it felt like it was going to split in half when I inhaled deeply. Having said that, the collar fit perfectly and the length was okay. Very strangely made garment. I'd steer away....

User avatar
rheicel
Posts: 2222
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby rheicel » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:07 pm

I gave my medium jersey to my son as I was too laZy to return it. And knowing CE, return will probably take ages


Rheicel
Image
Image Image

User avatar
isabella24
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:54 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby isabella24 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Purchased from CE almost 3 weeks ago. Got a phone call a week ago to say that the pump I'd ordered was no longer in stock... Asked them to send the rest of the order anyway and I'm still waiting. Seriously, Wiggle, CRC, Evans, ANY overseas store would have quicker (and cheaper) than CE. First and last order with them for sure, shouldn't have to wait weeks for something from Aust. which was supposedly in stock when I ordered.
Image
80s Ken Evans / 2011 Trek Madone / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / 2015 Lynskey Helix

User avatar
Ross
Posts: 4448
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby Ross » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:52 am

I see the Cadel Winners bars (Mountain Mix only) are $1.99 now.
Last edited by Ross on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theprophet
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby theprophet » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:09 am

isabella24 wrote:Purchased from CE almost 3 weeks ago. Got a phone call a week ago to say that the pump I'd ordered was no longer in stock... Asked them to send the rest of the order anyway and I'm still waiting. Seriously, Wiggle, CRC, Evans, ANY overseas store would have quicker (and cheaper) than CE. First and last order with them for sure, shouldn't have to wait weeks for something from Aust. which was supposedly in stock when I ordered.



Had this problem twice before after waiting for a couple of weeks I phoned them and asked them what was going on. They said they couldn't get the brake pads or part of my order and they where waiting for more stock. I told them just to refund the money and send the rest of the order and they did. Another time I was buying some tyres and they dont have them in stock so they refunded my money, but then proceeded to make the price higher on the item and it said they still had stock availiable. Also did anyone notice the listing error a couple of days ago. They had a bucket of 40 honey shotz for 40c so I ordered 10 haha they then emailed me sayig they refunded my money

tony.montana
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby tony.montana » Tue May 07, 2013 9:10 pm

tony.montana wrote:Hi,

My experience with Cycling Express has been poor are well.

I ordered this, http://www.cyclingexpress.com/cycle/com ... sions.aspx on the 5-Apr-2013.

After numerous emails asking where is was, on the 22-Apr-2013 I got a parcel from Cycling Express but it was not what I had ordered. I've emailed Cycling Express explaining this but I have had no response (refund/return/explanation etc) from them.

I was contemplating on getting a 2013 Azzurri Forza RL from Cycling Express but now, I just don't feel confidant.


Update!!!

After contacting Sam from CE, I finally got the correct item. All ended well thanks to Sam's involvement.

User avatar
cycles gitane
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:44 pm
Location: Near the Dandenong Creek cycle trail, Melbourne

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby cycles gitane » Fri May 10, 2013 8:30 pm

My CE experience (so far)

Sunday night go to CE website via BNA link

Order replacement drive train parts, confirming email, money taken next day.

Waiting, waiting, waiting. No post, no email.

10 working days have gone by so on Friday I ring CE and ask about my order.
Awaiting a part on backorder, can post the rest.
But I need the missing part to complete the drive train, so no point in posting part order.
So more waiting until that part arrives at CE.

Expressed my disappointment at process and lack of communication.

Waiting some more!!

cycles gitane
There is NO room in the shed for the next bike! New shed rqd.

User avatar
Le Velo
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby Le Velo » Mon May 20, 2013 7:24 pm

Placed my first order with CE 11 days ago for a cycleops fluid traininer package deal that was on special ..... Got a generic email saying order was placed ..... Still nothing today and sent an email enquiring about where the item is and just got a generic email ..... It baffles me that I can order something from wiggle on a Monday and receive it on Friday when buying something domestic it takes twice as long if not longer and get no feedback or response from my delivery enquiry .... Looks like it will not only be my first order but also my last order ..... Very disappointed with the lack of service and very little care :shock:

Yet .... Those businesses are spending thousands of dollars to get our attention and business ..... when we were here in the first place willing to support them and invest our hard earned money and all we needed was a little courtesy and service in the first place ..... Shakes head
Image

User avatar
rheicel
Posts: 2222
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby rheicel » Mon May 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Le Velo wrote:Placed my first order with CE 11 days ago for a cycleops fluid traininer package deal that was on special ..... Got a generic email saying order was placed ..... Still nothing today and sent an email enquiring about where the item is and just got a generic email ..... It baffles me that I can order something from wiggle on a Monday and receive it on Friday when buying something domestic it takes twice as long if not longer and get no feedback or response from my delivery enquiry .... Looks like it will not only be my first order but also my last order ..... Very disappointed with the lack of service and very little care :shock:

Yet .... Those businesses are spending thousands of dollars to get our attention and business ..... when we were here in the first place willing to support them and invest our hard earned money and all we needed was a little courtesy and service in the first place ..... Shakes head

Just hope that they will not send you email in the next few days telling you that they have refunded your money as they no longer have the item you ordered.
Image
Image Image

User avatar
MarkG
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:02 pm
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby MarkG » Mon May 20, 2013 7:56 pm

I would still like to know why bna promotes these guys when pretty much all the experiences on here dealing with CE have been negative...
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

dalai47
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 am
Contact:

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby dalai47 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:16 pm

MarkG wrote:I would still like to know why bna promotes these guys when pretty much all the experiences on here dealing with CE have been negative...


Biggest reason to promote CE is that they support local racing! They have stepped up and sponsored races run by BBN. Sam at CE was really helpful when I was the race director for the Warburton RR weekend last March.

I have bought from them a few times now, and although not necessarily the fastest in getting the orders out; my transactions have always been smooth.

User avatar
Le Velo
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby Le Velo » Mon May 20, 2013 8:20 pm

rheicel wrote:
Le Velo wrote:Placed my first order with CE 11 days ago for a cycleops fluid traininer package deal that was on special ..... Got a generic email saying order was placed ..... Still nothing today and sent an email enquiring about where the item is and just got a generic email ..... It baffles me that I can order something from wiggle on a Monday and receive it on Friday when buying something domestic it takes twice as long if not longer and get no feedback or response from my delivery enquiry .... Looks like it will not only be my first order but also my last order ..... Very disappointed with the lack of service and very little care :shock:

Yet .... Those businesses are spending thousands of dollars to get our attention and business ..... when we were here in the first place willing to support them and invest our hard earned money and all we needed was a little courtesy and service in the first place ..... Shakes head

Just hope that they will not send you email in the next few days telling you that they have refunded your money as they no longer have the item you ordered.


Don't care if they do refund me if the item is no longer available as long as I know but it would've been nice to know in the first place prior to check out .... Surely if a company is trying to compete with an international company such as wiggle they would have an ordering system that would take into account other orders and stock availability and does not comets the check out or at least advise of stock deficiency and still provide the option to complete the purchase or not .... Can't be that hard surely ?
Image

User avatar
MarkG
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:02 pm
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby MarkG » Mon May 20, 2013 8:27 pm

dalai47 wrote:
MarkG wrote:I would still like to know why bna promotes these guys when pretty much all the experiences on here dealing with CE have been negative...


Biggest reason to promote CE is that they support local racing! They have stepped up and sponsored races run by BBN. Sam at CE was really helpful when I was the race director for the Warburton RR weekend last March.

I have bought from them a few times now, and although not necessarily the fastest in getting the orders out; my transactions have always been smooth.


Support for local racing means squat when you can't back it up when people want to buy from your website and they're ultimately left ruing that decision...
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

dalai47
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 am
Contact:

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby dalai47 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:31 pm

I am sure I am not the only person to not have any issues. Reality is it's the people who aren't happy that make the biggest noise...

User avatar
MarkG
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:02 pm
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby MarkG » Mon May 20, 2013 8:40 pm

43 posts, 3 weeks on here and already an expert....
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

2wheels_mond
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 6:17 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby 2wheels_mond » Mon May 20, 2013 9:05 pm

dalai47 wrote:I am sure I am not the only person to not have any issues. Reality is it's the people who aren't happy that make the biggest noise...


Bought an Azzurri Forza Carbon from there last Wednesday, arrived today, no issues at all. You're not the only one.

dalai47
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 am
Contact:

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby dalai47 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:05 pm

So my experience is dictated by the number of posts and time a member on this forum? :lol:

Plenty of customer satisfaction research studies will back up my assertion.

User avatar
ozzymac
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby ozzymac » Mon May 20, 2013 9:10 pm

dalai47 wrote:I am sure I am not the only person to not have any issues. Reality is it's the people who aren't happy that make the biggest noise...

Only trouble with that is that the forum also has a section for good shopping experiences and I'm afraid CE don't get mentioned. But lots of others do.


Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

dalai47
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 am
Contact:

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby dalai47 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:39 pm

ozzymac wrote:Only trouble with that is that the forum also has a section for good shopping experiences and I'm afraid CE don't get mentioned. But lots of others do.

Cheers


For their sake then, I hope they heed the negative comments and lift their game.

User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11107
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby AUbicycles » Mon May 20, 2013 10:50 pm

This forum certainly confirms that it is far easier to talk about problems that give praise - probably human nature though I encourage members to comment on their great shopping experiences has it really does help others to head in the right direction.

--

MarkG, a valid question - currently Cycling Express don't advertise however we have an affiliate partnership in which BNA benefits if there is a sale.

When it comes down to general order satisfaction I am in a difficult position. I have a general interest that local business is competitive and successful - during the times when there was more active involvement by Cycling Express here it was a really good avenue for issues to be resolved - and specifically recommended forum engagement on the phone with CE today. Realistically, unless I feel that a business is not acting in good faith and I need to take action, I have to leave it to the community.

What I can do next time I am in contact however is to raise this topic with them.

User avatar
tallywhacker
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: on the road

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby tallywhacker » Tue May 21, 2013 9:45 am

MarkG wrote:43 posts, 3 weeks on here and already an expert....

I've placed several orders with them and had no problems. They phoned when the color of shoes I ordered was unavailable and suggested another color. (1577 posts and over 6 years here. Does that make ME an expert ????)
Ever since the vasectomy...I mostly ride fixed.

User avatar
ozzymac
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby ozzymac » Tue May 21, 2013 10:16 am

dalai47 wrote:
ozzymac wrote:Only trouble with that is that the forum also has a section for good shopping experiences and I'm afraid CE don't get mentioned. But lots of others do.

Cheers


For their sake then, I hope they heed the negative comments and lift their game.


BUT that is where the problem lies with CE, they are just ignoring all the negative reports. When they first started they were helpful even active online here answering questions etc, and lots of forum members supported them through there start up period, and there was the usual sort of posts saying there only new give them a chance to get started etc. Only trouble is that they have only gotten worse, now they don't even bother getting online, I guess it's good for other online businesses to look at how CE has operated and not do the same.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

User avatar
Minizian
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:42 am

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby Minizian » Mon May 27, 2013 4:56 pm

I made my order last thrudsay till now, i never get any new in regards to my order status. I urgently need my stuff as i am building up a bike :(

Return to “Buying a bike / parts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users