I'm a champion bike mechanic...

find_bruce

Re: I'm a champion bike mechanic...

Postby find_bruce » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:19 am

jasonc wrote:
Duck! wrote:Chuck it in the vice & bend it back. They're not that fragile.

I'm viceless

Thanks Dad

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:34 am

Been playing with a couple of old clunker dragsters over the last few days. One of them had a loose BB. Easy, I'll tighten it up. Plan B, well, I'm adjusting it, might as well pull it apart and regrease. Unscrew the cup .... ting, ting, ting, ting. Oh, I remember now, these things have loose bearings. I think I found them all. Can only get one crank off, so I'll do my best to clean it out and repack.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun May 06, 2018 8:55 pm

Yeah, well...

Crossgrading my sons bike with the SLX/XT group off my hardtail when I got hold of a 1x group at crazy good money.

All fitted fine, limits set and it's time to cable up and tune the shifting.
Couldn't get the front to downshift off the big dog. An hour later after pulling chain and cables (moved fine then) I notice the the cable clamp plate had rotated 90deg when tightening and was fouling on the band clamp :oops:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

CKinnard

Postby CKinnard » Sat May 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Was windy overnight in Brisbane. Took my roadie out around lunch time for a 20k trip to the Bay and a salad roll. When I got back on the bike, I had a flat. Must have been sharp plant debris over the tracks I took.

I usually take my CX with 42mm knobblies on that ride, so am out of the habit of carrying a repair kit.
Thanks to a couple of fellow riders, I was able to top up the tire three times on the way home.
I went back to the Nudgee Beach shop I had lunch and left them a bunch of bike repair stuff (tubes, tires, tape, puncture repair kit, glueless patches, pump, etc) to help others who have issues. THe shop is a popular destination for many cyclists. Harry the shop owner and I decided to get in touch with the Brisbane City Council about installing a bicycle repair center at Nudgee beach.

https://briscycle.com/community-bike-re ... index.html

ValleyForge

Postby ValleyForge » Fri May 25, 2018 9:13 am

Bought a steam cleaner for home.

It doesn't clean a drive train. It does make it lukewarm & wet though.
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Good to see even the pro's make mistakes:

https://www.steel-vintage.com/de-rosa-r ... ike-detail