The new and interesting gear thread...

rifraf

Re: The new and interesting gear thread...

Postby rifraf » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

I've not spotted it if it has (and I'm a little too busy to go searching back 42 pages given the search engine is..... interesting).

Anyway onward:

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/375092

Bakeey 3A USB Type-C Data Cable 1m with Digital Voltage/Current LED Display US $4.29 (~AU $5.80) Delivered (AT) Banggood

Ok I'm posting this deal more to inform everyone, who mightn't know of their existence, of the ability to buy cables with a voltage display.

I'm not a fan of this company due to shipping taking a couple of months from China from the last product I bought from them, but I would have loved to have know about this product earlier and thought others might too.
Surly Ogre, Carry Freedom Y-frame Trailer, Extrawheel trailer.

pbekkerh

Postby pbekkerh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:59 am

Ghost SE7000
Ghost AMR 7500+
Boreas Aër
Bike Friday Tikit Hyperfold
Trailer Extrawheel I & II

RonK

Postby RonK » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:36 am

Garmin have announced the Edge 520 Plus - a 520 with the navigation features of the 1030.

For riders that want more advanced navigation functions, the Edge 520 Plus now includes Garmin Cycle Maps, which provides turn-by-turn directions that work either on marked city streets or on the trail. In addition, GroupTrack helps you keep tabs on your other Garmin-using riding buddies, and you can even now send messages to them, too. For riders looking for advanced performance monitoring features, the Edge 520 Plus is compatible with ANT+ power meters like the Vector 3 to track FTP and pedaling mechanics, while built-in Incident Detection can send alerts to designated recipients if the unit has determined you’ve been in a crash.

Garmin launches Edge 130 and 520 Plus GPS computers, new Varia rearview radar.

Presumably the firmware will be fairly bug-free after a reasonable period of use in the 520 and 1030.

So perhaps this offers a more affordable navigation solution for tourists.

Featuring up to 15 hours of battery life, the Edge 520 Plus has a suggested retail price of US$280 / AU$449. A bundle option, which includes a heart rate monitor as well as cadence and speed sensors, has a suggested retail price of US$380 / AU$499. The mountain bike bundle option, which includes a mountain bike mount, Edge remote control, and silicone case, has a suggested retail price of US$330 / AU$499.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...