Bribie Island Ride

Re: Bribie Island Ride

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:03 am

Well the magpies left me alone this morning but the bloody Indian Minor birds gave it to me. :shock:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

by BNA » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:29 am

BNA

Postby Paddles » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:29 am

those maggies are little buggers at the moment aren't they foo. there's one along bishop road at beachmere that gave me a bit of curry but the real nasty piece of work is the butcher bird down campbell parade, that little kamikaze smashed into my helmet, time for the cable ties maybe.
Paddles

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:37 am

Yeah I was down that way on Saturday but don't know the name of the road (should look at my Strava map) and copped a hard time in one area with one chasing me for about 500mts. :shock:

The minor birds were on the Island.. north on the Esplanade off the bridge to the round about and it was along this stretch they buzzed me. :(

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby Paddles » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:14 pm

If it was down in the Beachmere township then I know the one, he attacked me head on at first. What time were you down our way? I saw someone on Peel Road go across the front of me at about 8am or so heading towards Bribie Road just as I was coming out of Cocos Drive and waiting for the wife and daughter to get up the little hill at the end.
Paddles

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:12 pm

I think I was down there around 9.30. I went down Peel till the right hand sweep at the end of the narrow rough bit and then turned left and left again.

Foo
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby Paddles » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:01 am

nah, wasn't you then.
Paddles

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:24 am

Well I got home last night so I can go for a ride now. :D

Foo
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:58 am

Well this was a ride that I really enjoyed this morning. Rode harder than I normally do and no bloody birds attacking me. :D

Foo
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:48 am

Hey Paddles, I didn't see you anywhere this morning down your way. :D

ImageImage

Foo

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby Paddles » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Lovely looking morning there Foo, nah we went up to Cotton Tree for a four day father's day weekend at the beach, I got in a bit of surfing and a couple of good paddles on the ski instead. I went for a quick blast early on Wednesday morning on the pushie though and whilst the butcher bird down Campbell Parade past the conservation park left me alone, that frikkin maggie on Bishop Road near Phillip Street gave me a bit of bad attitude.
Paddles

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Half your luck Paddles. I thought the one at Philips st would of taken enough frustration out on me Saturday to leave you alone for awhile.:mrgreen:

Foo

Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby Paddles » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:25 pm

good one, if you can wear him out that'd be nice. he's been there for years, in fact i'm amazed that he hasn't been "relocated"
Paddles

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:10 am

No rides for me this weekend, I'm taking a A-B Triple to Rollstone in about 6hrs time, so madly getting all my cooking and stuff done. :(

Foo
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:43 am

This is what I took insyead of enjoying a ride.Image

Foo

Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby Paddles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:30 am

cool, where abouts is the truck based foo, triples aren't allowed to come real close to brissy are they? is that what you mainly haul, grain?
Paddles

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:03 pm

Truck is based near Ipswich and we run the front trailer and dolly up to Toowoomba and then follow up with the B-Double and hook it all up :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:26 pm

It's a pain in the butt having to do that. I reckon they should up grade the roads around Brissie and allow the triples to come into Ipswich via the Cunningham Hwy and Caboolture via the D'aguilar Hwy. Going up Cunninghams Gap and Blackbutt range maybe a bit slow though.
singlespeedscott

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:59 pm

As a cyclist. No way. A normal truck is big enough on the roads for me but if they have the dedicated cycling infrastructure/wide shoulders then go right ahead :P
Lukeyboy

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Don't ride on the freeway/highways and you don't have a problem Luke. I'm talking about designated routes here. Not a free for all. Vehicles this large require dedicated roads.
singlespeedscott

Postby Paddles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:42 pm

I agree Scott, it's the infrastructure (or lack thereof) that's letting us all down. I don't want to see doubles or triples in suburbia myself, but upgrading the main routes in and out of Brisbane to not only let larger road transport get to closer centres like Ipswich and Caboolture, but to also make it safer for all road users sounds pretty sensible to me, that Dag Highway running west is a shocker considering the heavy transport that has to use it.
Paddles

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:It's a pain in the butt having to do that. I reckon they should up grade the roads around Brissie and allow the triples to come into Ipswich via the Cunningham Hwy and Caboolture via the D'aguilar Hwy. Going up Cunninghams Gap and Blackbutt range maybe a bit slow though.

Yeah they should be able to come down via Cunninghams Gap as it is not as tight. Tripples and normal two trailer road trains should be able to run up the the coast road to the Sunshine Coast. Then as the road gets opened up to two lanes each way, then travel further. :idea:

Foo
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:As a cyclist. No way. A normal truck is big enough on the roads for me but if they have the dedicated cycling infrastructure/wide shoulders then go right ahead :P

As a cyclist that was hit by a truck while riding off the designated traffic lane, it make no difference to me if you have a brain dead driving any sort of vehicle. :x

I don't ride in areas where I can't get off the main traffic lane, it is just dumb to want to ride on these roads now. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:14 am

First ride in two weeks. Yaaaay. :D

Foo
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:11 am

Another one this morning and attacked the hills on my ride. I hurt now, :oops: that's not fair but it is a good hurt.......I think. :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:57 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Another one this morning and attacked the hills on my ride. I hurt now, :oops: that's not fair but it is a good hurt.......I think. :lol:

Foo
Where are the hills on Bribie Foo? Not the sand dunes on the surf side :P
singlespeedscott

PreviousNext

Return to Queensland