Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:30 am
- Location: Perth
Given this, I'll be aiming for 12k again in 2017 as I have found that 1k per month, every month, is a realistic target for me.
Looking forward to seeing the progress of others as well. All the best for 2017!
- Posts: 9744
- Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
- Location: Brisbane
skull wrote:I might need to get back into riding this year.
Dropping my expectations and aiming for 7k.
Skull - you may want join the 6k thread?
I'm in. I'll say 12k and aim to keep my run of 1000km months going (only one month below in the last 4 years)
- Posts: 804
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:51 pm
- Location: Hobart
- Posts: 2322
- Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:44 pm
- Location: Middle East, Melbourne
1k/month of commuting, and a bit left over for fun. Managed to start off well with a ride today, however it did highlight that I now lose fitness at a much faster rate than I used to...
- Posts: 3457
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
jasonc wrote:Lukeyboy wrote:15k for this year hopefully
How much climbing???
Not much for the start of this year but once the fitness is back hopefully somewhat a lot. Got the training rides over Mt Glorious and back via Mt Mee/Fernvale queued up
- Posts: 2435
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
- Location: Melbourne
Time to step up from the 6k club I suppose, wish me luck, and I'll try and get the progress bar updated.
I should be miles behind by mid Jan when I return to work and then I'll have to make it up over the rest of the year.
Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1
- Posts: 341
- Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 2:46 pm
- Location: Melb - Werribee - City
- Posts: 1496
- Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm
- Location: West Gippy
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
- Location: Guildford West, NSW
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:43 pm
I think bad diet (generally eating and drinking what ever I want when I want using cycling as an excuse to burn it off..) while trying to (badly) manage a chronic gastric condition and a total lack of any structure to include adequate rest days left me dropping in and out of some fitness plateau that I kept getting stuck in. While I wouldn't exactly call it overtraining.. I just call it a very bad training technique.
This year I'm aiming at cutting back to hit 10k, but trying to add some targeted intensity and enough slow recovery days.
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:39 pm
- Location: Narre Warren
Merida Scultura 904
Bianchi C2C Via Nirone
Specialized Hard Rock
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 pm
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.