Giro Shoes & Helmets 30% off

brumby33

Giro Shoes & Helmets 30% off

Postby brumby33 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Wasn't exactly sure where to place this post but there's presently a 30% discount on Giro Shoes & Helmets at Clarence Cyclery where I bought some new Giro SPD shoes.
There's a similar sale also at the Giant bike shop in Clarence street where you can trade in any old esky lid for a 30% discount, they didn't have much a range of shoes when i called in but.
Not sure if it's State or Nation wide but a saving of $30 is not too shabby.

If this post is in the wrong section...I'm happy for the Mods to move it where i needs to go.

Cheers

brumby33
(Dave)
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR -2013

dmwill

Re: Giro Shoes & Helmets 30% off

Postby dmwill » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:11 am

Unless some places are doing 30% off, there is currently a 25% promo going on at a number of retailers Australia wide for Giro MIPS helmets.

http://www.giro.com/eu_en/giro-announce ... australia/

I casually asked one of the guys I get along with at one store....nothing stopping you from going to Kmart, getting a $7 lid and using that to get 25% off.

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:25 pm

dmwill wrote:Unless some places are doing 30% off, there is currently a 25% promo going on at a number of retailers Australia wide for Giro MIPS helmets.

I went in to one of the non-chain stores on the participating dealer list today and they were adamant you had to trade in a Giro brand helmet, not any brand. I've emailed Sheppard Cycles to clarify, but I think I just added another reason to my growing list of reasons to hate that particular bike shop.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:00 pm

hamishm wrote:
dmwill wrote:Unless some places are doing 30% off, there is currently a 25% promo going on at a number of retailers Australia wide for Giro MIPS helmets.

I went in to one of the non-chain stores on the participating dealer list today and they were adamant you had to trade in a Giro brand helmet, not any brand. I've emailed Sheppard Cycles to clarify, but I think I just added another reason to my growing list of reasons to hate that particular bike shop.

Sounds like they have it confused with the crash replacement program which you need to provide your helmet to receive a 30% discount off the RRP. Helmet and description gets sent back for Giro to review.

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:18 am

Clarence St Cyclery had Giro helmets and shoes for 30% off with no such requirements but the Giant store in same st had the discount on helmets stating to trade any old helmet....so I don't know if they had same arangement or not.
I tried on a couple of Giro helmets but were mainly road bike style where i wanted one with a visor peak. I thought my $29 Bell helmet from Costco was more comfy lol.

Cheers

Brumby33
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR -2013

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Yep I emailed the Giro distributor (Sheppard Cycles) and they confirm anything can be traded in. Not sure I can be bothered arguing with the shop over it as their range of colours was not very good anyway.