A year in the life of a wannabe racer- Part 4- The Comeback!

ldrcycles

Re: A year in the life of a wannabe racer- Part 4- The Comeback!

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:09 pm

Funny you say that.... :lol:

For lunch we went up to a strawberry farm at Wolvi that does paella from their little restaurant every sunday, after getting back from there I mowed the lawn and finished just as a rather vigorous looking storm was approaching.

(photo from a local FB page)

I was at my parent's place on the western side of town when it hit, proper cyclonic conditions, complete whiteout with winds around 90kmh. There was remarkably little debris on the road on the western side of town, on the east (where we live) there were trees down everywhere. Our road was completely blocked, so I had to walk the last few hundred metres home to get my chainsaws to cut my way out and get back to the main road to clear a huge tree blocking the road in a very dangerous spot. The first tree only took about half an hour, but the second was full of vines and was a mammoth task, the local fire brigade turned up after I'd been at it for about an hour, then I worked alongside them for another hour before I was completely spent. Woke up this morning still exhausted and needed to get a massage this afternoon to settle my back, but all the effort has got me down to 88.7kgs :mrgreen: .

Just as an aside, most of the work was done with my Husqvarna 340, bought about 12yrs ago and flogged mercilessly ever since. I cheap out on a lot of stuff, but when it comes to things like chainsaws, spending the extra to get the best pays off when things get really serious.

Off to bed now, up early tomorrow for a spin around Noosa before work.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.

Kronos

Postby Kronos » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 pm

I was out at Beachmere (Caboolture) last night but the wind at least from that storm was something else. We were pretty sure it went out over the ocean picked up some wind gust and came back in. That's a nice picture of a shelf cloud.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:49 pm

No riding today :evil: . Needed extra sleep to recover from the storm cleanup, which ruled out riding before work, then Mrs LDR decided to plow her car into the back of a Subaru and dealing with that situation put paid to riding after work too. No injuries, other than grievous harm to the bank account in the near future.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:28 am

Terrible news on the accident mate. Pleased to hear it is only the car that's injured.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:54 pm

With yesterday's stress a pre work ride wasn't on the cards today, so plan B was to squeeze in a few kms before and after the evening interval session at the crit track. Unfortunately the Vivente started making a very unhappy noise the second I got going (leaning towards a broken rear axle) and the heat and humidity were shocking, so 7 full gas laps had me pretty well toasted.

Onto the CX bike tomorrow until I work out what the problem is with the Vivente. Good timing as an off road adventure with singlespeedscott and smithstreet is on the cards for sunday :) .

In farm news, the boys are going along very nicely, and hooking into their hay well.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:29 pm

BIG ride today, words and photos tomorrow as i am very hurty and in need of sleep :)

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:46 pm

Flat out all day today, so no time for words yet. Here's a photo to tide you over :)

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:54 am

Like the photo mate

Smithstreet

Postby Smithstreet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:14 pm

Still tired mate......
:D