2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

jasonc
Posts: 9788
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:42 am

DavidS wrote:Now, is a bicycle tour transport cycling?

bicycle touring is as you describe it, touring. not transport. sorry david
Image

User avatar
DavidS
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby DavidS » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:13 pm

jasonc wrote:
DavidS wrote:Now, is a bicycle tour transport cycling?

bicycle touring is as you describe it, touring. not transport. sorry david


Worth a try ;)

DS
Image

Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1

User avatar
Cardy George
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: Red Cliffs, Vic

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Cardy George » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:23 pm

DavidS wrote:
jasonc wrote:
DavidS wrote:Now, is a bicycle tour transport cycling?

bicycle touring is as you describe it, touring. not transport. sorry david


Worth a try ;)

DS

Absolutely!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby cancan64 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:42 am

DavidS wrote:Gee I was third for a split second there.

Won't last as I go on leave after net week and 3 weeks away. Now, is a bicycle tour transport cycling?

DS


Sorry about that...I hadnt changed rides from sport to transport.
I am still keeping my commutes to a minimum until my shoulder stops aching or I give up and just harden up... although was thinking of doing some single tracks on the way home whilst I am on the 29er but raining now and cant risk a fall

Bummer about the bicycle tour as a commute ... I could then use my bikepacking trips...or should I say cycling holiday commute instead of taking the car on holidays
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

User avatar
DavidS
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby DavidS » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:14 pm

I am actually hoping the 3 weeks off will help my RSI which has been really bad of late. A sore shoulder isn't fun on a bike and a few of us seem to need a break.

DS
Image

Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1

User avatar
Cardy George
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: Red Cliffs, Vic

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Cardy George » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:17 pm

212km in three days, and not one of them a commute!

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby cancan64 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:44 am

I just passed 200km for the month.. a bit of a drop from 300 a week which is normally my minimum and now I have physio appointments during he week so I need to use the motorbike on those days... dont want to get changed...go to physio..back to work and get changed and then changed and home... or I could use the physio downstairs but they are trying to retire early
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

User avatar
Cardy George
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: Red Cliffs, Vic

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Cardy George » Wed May 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Lowest position for me this year, too many days away from work. After the day I had today that's not a bad thing.....

100km to make up for fifth, let the chase begin!

ironhanglider
Posts: 2345
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:44 pm
Location: Middle East, Melbourne

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby ironhanglider » Sun May 06, 2018 9:12 pm

Cardy George wrote:Lowest position for me this year, too many days away from work. After the day I had today that's not a bad thing.....

100km to make up for fifth, let the chase begin!


Catch me if you can!

Cheers,

Cameron
Image

User avatar
DavidS
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby DavidS » Tue May 08, 2018 10:44 pm

Cardy George wrote:Lowest position for me this year, too many days away from work. After the day I had today that's not a bad thing.....

100km to make up for fifth, let the chase begin!


Good thing I'm back so I can try and get some breathing space from those (too) near me ;)

DS
Image

Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby cancan64 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:52 am

last day of work so my commuting km may slow down ... well stop but hopefully not for long although still not as many interviews happening as I would like. getting a bit tired of contracting
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

User avatar
DavidS
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby DavidS » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Ooh, third by 10KMs, wonder if I can hold on to it this time. Might lose my place as I might take public transport on Thursday as I'm going to the footy - Go Tiges :)

DS
Image

Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby cancan64 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:37 am

DavidS wrote:Ooh, third by 10KMs, wonder if I can hold on to it this time. Might lose my place as I might take public transport on Thursday as I'm going to the footy - Go Tiges :)

DS


Sorry hadnt changed my rides to Transport... but fortunately my km are low so you are not that far behind and only 1 day of work left again.
Thinking if I dont get a job soon I might go visit my kids in Doha and then cycle home, or at least to Asia. Just looking at the rules ( ACF BNA Commuter challenge. A commute is where you start at one destination and end at another for a purpose other than training. e.g. to work, to the shops, to your mistresses'/paramour's house.) and I guess if I start in one country and cycle through multiple others over a couple of months to get home counts as a commute...
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

jasonc
Posts: 9788
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:10 am

That's cycle touring cancan....
To work, shops, events, etc
but Cycle touring is a holiday
Image

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby cancan64 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:29 am

jasonc wrote:That's cycle touring cancan....
To work, shops, events, etc
but Cycle touring is a holiday


Bummer ... will get a job then
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

jasonc
Posts: 9788
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:15 pm

cancan64 wrote:
jasonc wrote:That's cycle touring cancan....
To work, shops, events, etc
but Cycle touring is a holiday


Bummer ... will get a job then

Bragging rights is worth more than a job
Image

User avatar
DavidS
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby DavidS » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:42 pm

cancan64 wrote:
DavidS wrote:Ooh, third by 10KMs, wonder if I can hold on to it this time. Might lose my place as I might take public transport on Thursday as I'm going to the footy - Go Tiges :)

DS


Sorry hadnt changed my rides to Transport... but fortunately my km are low so you are not that far behind and only 1 day of work left again


You are a cruel man Mr Cancan :(

DS
Image

Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1

jasonc
Posts: 9788
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:07 am

half way:
1: strydz - 6607.33 km
2. me - 6478.05 km
3. cancan - 4883.06 km
4. David SSS - 4458.00 km
5. Ironhanglider - 4095.52 km
6. Cardy George - 3787.57 km
7. Andreb - 3413.62 km
8. Mick H - 3091.73 km
9. find_bruce - 2346.21 km
10. grgic - 1999.70 km
Image

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby cancan64 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:15 am

I dont know what the worse part of being out of work is.... no income or no commuting and now dropped to 4th in the challenge.... but on the plus looks like I have a fill in job for next week but then I have started jogging and now have a tear in my calf so have been told I cant cycle... but then what the physio doesnt know wont hurt... Also after a couple of weeks of not even finding a job to apply for this week is gang busters with a positive interview in Auckland but Government position so can take over a month to create the role and get approved, another positive interview and an expected offer next week for a role in Sydney... the next unaffordable city after Auckland... and an interview next week for a role in NZ and another back in Brisbane and the company that I am temping for next week like my cv and want to talk today about a permanent role ... so hopefully back commuting soon and getting paid
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

User avatar
find_bruce
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7808
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby find_bruce » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:01 pm

I'm about as reliable as a deal between rocket-man & tangerine-man - I had neglected to enter my commutes since the start of June. What's even sadder is that makes no difference to my place - I am still aways back from Mick & next week's ski-trip ain't going to help

User avatar
DavidS
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby DavidS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:13 am

cancan64 wrote:I dont know what the worse part of being out of work is.... no income or no commuting and now dropped to 4th in the challenge.... but on the plus looks like I have a fill in job for next week but then I have started jogging and now have a tear in my calf so have been told I cant cycle... but then what the physio doesnt know wont hurt... Also after a couple of weeks of not even finding a job to apply for this week is gang busters with a positive interview in Auckland but Government position so can take over a month to create the role and get approved, another positive interview and an expected offer next week for a role in Sydney... the next unaffordable city after Auckland... and an interview next week for a role in NZ and another back in Brisbane and the company that I am temping for next week like my cv and want to talk today about a permanent role ... so hopefully back commuting soon and getting paid


I don't know mate, that calf, you really should take care of it ;)

Good luck with the job hunt, no need to ride to the next job :P

DS
Last edited by DavidS on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1

User avatar
Releng
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Hobart Tasmania

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby Releng » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:50 pm

find_bruce wrote:I'm about as reliable as a deal between rocket-man & tangerine-man - I had neglected to enter my commutes since the start of June. What's even sadder is that makes no difference to my place - I am still aways back from Mick & next week's ski-trip ain't going to help

Hi Bruce, have fun skiing. I will not gap you by too much. It is pretty cold down here so I may miss the odd commute.

Cheers,
Mick

User avatar
cancan64
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby cancan64 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:38 am

Bad news is I am down in 4th now and over 500km behind and at a guess about to drop to 5th... good news is I start a new job Monday so back to commuting.. well tuesday after I sort out showers ... although new office is closer to home and I have to get more running in so unlikely to continue with normal distance... but then I do like chasing and after my lowest km in a month since since tracking I have a lot of fitness to get back before bikepacking season starts
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

jasonc
Posts: 9788
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby jasonc » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:30 am

cancan64 wrote: I do like chasing and after my lowest km in a month since since tracking I have a lot of fitness to get back before bikepacking season starts

Take your time. You don't want to do too much straight away. Great to hear you have a job mate
Image

User avatar
DavidS
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 2018 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby DavidS » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:22 pm

jasonc wrote:
cancan64 wrote: I do like chasing and after my lowest km in a month since since tracking I have a lot of fitness to get back before bikepacking season starts

Take your time. You don't want to do too much straight away. Great to hear you have a job mate


Yeah, great you have a job but you don't want to rush it, you should be looking after that calf too. Take it easy, ease into the new job.

DS
Image

Cannondale Quick Speed 2, Allegro T1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users