Greenway - comment on new proposals

zebee

Greenway - comment on new proposals

Postby zebee » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:02 pm

https://www.yoursayinnerwest.com.au/greenway

includes a bunch of docs to look at and one of those interactive map thingies as they had for the Harbour Bridge path consultation.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Greenway - comment on new proposals

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:43 am

I hear bad things about budget, will this project get deferred and deferred and ....
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:24 am

How many times have they "planned" to replace the wooden bridge over the Cooks River? Forgive my cynicism but it still looks to me like a "wish list"

While they claim that it includes "Safer crossings under major roads" as far as I can tell this is only Parramatta Rd (which currently has a poorly designed overpass) with a tunnel under Old Canterbury Rd a "long term option" It appears that Marion St remains at grade with low priority pedestrian crossing

LateStarter

Postby LateStarter » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:20 pm

Its not cynicism find_bruce, they had the option for the best / cheapest greenway in conjunction with the tram construction in 2011 but they blew it because it was a "labor" plan and would have only benefited inner city types (at a trivial cost even with their bloated cost estimate), that opportunity is gone and will never come again, anything in the future ( likely long long future) will be 2nd / 3rd best and more expensive, we have Gladys to thank for that, it is a pity that stupidity / lack of vision isn't a criminal offence so we could drain the swamp of our current state "leadership"

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:35 am

find_bruce wrote:How many times have they "planned" to replace the wooden bridge over the Cooks River? Forgive my cynicism but it still looks to me like a "wish list"

While they claim that it includes "Safer crossings under major roads" as far as I can tell this is only Parramatta Rd (which currently has a poorly designed overpass) with a tunnel under Old Canterbury Rd a "long term option" It appears that Marion St remains at grade with low priority pedestrian crossing

That bridge is a classic heritage item, they can't get rid of it! :wink: