Where to buy cheap short crankset

cyclingnolycra

Re: Where to buy cheap short crankset

Postby cyclingnolycra » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:45 am

I'd love to try shorter cranks too (i'm 175cm, using 172.5mm cranks) but it's just too expensive to go and try by buying... and I have no problems at the moment. People like to point out that Quintana is short and uses similar cranks but he normally is out of the saddle for big efforts where I think the crank length doesn't matter as much.

I suspect for anyone shorter the crank length starts to matter even more (as in, their default cranks will be way too long for them)

vosadrian

Postby vosadrian » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:12 am

Thanks again for the info!

Yeah, the short cranks is an experiment. I doubt it could make anything worse, and it may make things better, so just a couple hundred dollars and some time to fiddle to lose really.

I have also just fitted a SMP (blaster) saddle. I am going to experiment with nose down angle on that to twist the pelvis forward.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Shorter = spin easier. :idea:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

vosadrian

Postby vosadrian » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:55 am

Just a quickie....

If I want to run hollowtech cranks on my Specialized Venge 2012 which I believe is OSBB, I think I need a conversion bottom bracket. I note that Specialized appears to use Praxis Works BB when using Hollowtech cranks. Also they seem to be a quality product. Is that the best option for me or should I consider something else?

Cheers!