Moron Motorists #3

malnar

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby malnar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 am

Called out d***head to the driver of an early 90s over accessorised landcruiser who overtook me 10-15m before a roundabout entrance.

He pulled over on the other side of the roundabout for a chat. I got the first comment in, saying please do not overtake on roundabouts. He said you weren't polite before when you call me a f***ing d***head. I did not say f***ing. Misrepresenting what somebody says and pretending to care what a random stranger calls them is possibly a tactic that aggressive people use to work themselves up. He then said you don't pay rego and I've got somewhere to be. I said you have to pay rego 'cause you're in a killing machine. Then he drove off. This is before 9am on a Sunday morning. Hope his chat didn't make him late.

Oh I know where he lives as he'd just pulled out of his driveway prior to the rounabout.

redned

Postby redned » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:51 pm

malnar wrote:This is before 9am on a Sunday morning. Hope his chat didn't make him late.
On his way to church to seek forgiveness?

Trevtassie

Postby Trevtassie » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:33 pm

Apparently as long as you don't come closer than a metre you can pretty well do anything in a bus.
Douchebag passed me in the next lane over since I'd taken the turning lane, then left hooked me about a metre in front of me. Gained zero seconds since the next stop was 50m from the corner.
https://www.facebook.com/metrotasmania/ ... ed_comment

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:54 pm

malnar wrote:Called out d***head to the driver of an early 90s over accessorised landcruiser who overtook me 10-15m before a roundabout entrance.

He pulled over on the other side of the roundabout for a chat. I got the first comment in, saying please do not overtake on roundabouts. He said you weren't polite before when you call me a f***ing d***head. I did not say f***ing. Misrepresenting what somebody says and pretending to care what a random stranger calls them is possibly a tactic that aggressive people use to work themselves up. He then said you don't pay rego and I've got somewhere to be. I said you have to pay rego 'cause you're in a killing machine. Then he drove off. This is before 9am on a Sunday morning. Hope his chat didn't make him late.
Hi malnar,
I know where you are coming from, but get the feeling you might have an unreasonable disliking for his method of transport rather than the true result.
I mean "over accessorized" vehicle and "cause you're in a killing machine" are a good starting point to start screaming at a motorist.

So if it were a young lady in a small Mazda, would that perhaps not require such a reaction.

To me your reporting is similar to the journalist that comes up with Lycra lout, cyclist collided with a truck, he had no helmet on etc., the truck driver was not injured, and from the cop....The driver didn't see him.

I get it alright; what upset you; but screaming out "!! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!" and then in a conversation saying " please do not overtake on roundabouts."is not how I do it..... :) I probably would continue with "Hey !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!, don't overtake on roundabouts." Because I want to maintain the high moral ground, right. :)
But everything has it's consequences alright.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:50 pm

Today, a frighteningly close pass by a silver P plate Camry. There was another car coming the opposite direction and this guy had to pass me in the remaining gap. He must have passed me at only 30cm gap. It was very, very close. The oncoming car had to move over a bit too.

The speed limit in that area was 50km/h, I was doing 45km/h - so what is the point?

NhiTrac

Postby NhiTrac » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:14 am

g-boaf wrote: so what is the point?
You were on a bike...
FOCUS Cayo
BMC Teammachine SLR01

AdelaidePeter

Postby AdelaidePeter » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:26 pm

Trevtassie wrote:Apparently as long as you don't come closer than a metre you can pretty well do anything in a bus.
Douchebag passed me in the next lane over since I'd taken the turning lane, then left hooked me about a metre in front of me. Gained zero seconds since the next stop was 50m from the corner.
I see their response is they've reviewed the CCTV and all is good. Ask them to release it then.
p.s. I assume this means you and the bus were both travelling SW on Davey Street, doing the left turn into Sandy Bay Road.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:45 pm

AdelaidePeter wrote:
Trevtassie wrote:Apparently as long as you don't come closer than a metre you can pretty well do anything in a bus.
I see their response is they've reviewed the CCTV and all is good. Ask them to release it then.
p.s. I assume this means you and the bus were both travelling SW on Davey Street, doing the left turn into Sandy Bay Road.
Would you like one of us to put up a comment, could hit another angle "The driver said that he didn't see the cyclist. Could you please publish the video so that we can learn about situations where drivers of large vehicles have difficulty seeing smaller road users"
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

pj

Postby pj » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:10 am

PA wrote:
pj wrote:What's the problem with waiting for 5 seconds! :roll:

Let them know about their free advertising. https://www.facebook.com/upkeepmaintain/
Thanks nice find!

Sent them a polite message with some pictures, driver reckons that van has been in the panel shop for the last two weeks and wasn't him driving, yeah right.......

Az0r_au

Postby Az0r_au » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:54 am

pj wrote: Sent them a polite message with some pictures, driver reckons that van has been in the panel shop for the last two weeks and wasn't him driving, yeah right.......
yeah I guess you just fabricated 90 seconds of dashcam footage for....... reasons?

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:03 pm

pj wrote:
PA wrote:
pj wrote:What's the problem with waiting for 5 seconds! :roll:

Let them know about their free advertising. https://www.facebook.com/upkeepmaintain/
Thanks nice find!

Sent them a polite message with some pictures, driver reckons that van has been in the panel shop for the last two weeks and wasn't him driving, yeah right.......
It was another car with the same company logo's and number plate?

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Az0r_au wrote:
pj wrote: Sent them a polite message with some pictures, driver reckons that van has been in the panel shop for the last two weeks and wasn't him driving, yeah right.......
yeah I guess you just fabricated 90 seconds of dashcam footage for....... reasons?
ahem - maybe it has been at the shop, and it was one of the panel-shop employees driving it around ?

PA

Postby PA » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:45 pm

pj wrote: Thanks nice find!

Getting the dents taken out from the cyclist he drove over last month.
Mouse magnet

pj

Postby pj » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:58 pm

duncanm wrote:
ahem - maybe it has been at the shop, and it was one of the panel-shop employees driving it around ?
Yes that's what he is claiming!
PA wrote:Getting the dents taken out from the cyclist he drove over last month.
:lol:

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:27 pm

pj wrote:
duncanm wrote:
Yes that's what he is claiming!
Which shop and where is this shop located compared with where you encountered it. Why would an employee of this shop be driving their van at that location?

tubby74

Postby tubby74 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:10 am

90 degree blind elbow in the road, 40 zone, double unbroken lines. I would have been going through the corner faster than a car would go naturally, and a numpty decides that he'll overtake on the other side of the lines, then when he's around thr corner and realises what he's doing cuts in on me. MGIF

hannos

Postby hannos » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:45 pm

Altus Traffic Australia
Bourke Road Mascot
BE54HA
2010 White Hilux 2x4 table top with fittings as far as https://my.service.nsw.gov.au/MyService ... ck/display is concerned.
2010 BMC SLC01

pj

Postby pj » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:56 pm

hannos wrote:Altus Traffic Australia
Bourke Road Mascot
BE54HA
2010 White Hilux 2x4 table top with fittings as far as https://my.service.nsw.gov.au/MyService ... ck/display is concerned.
I reckon they deserve some feedback!

Gotta love bourke rd, how many hazards can you encounter in 23 seconds, bus chicane, 2 blind pedestrian crossings, sunken manholes, reversing ute, turning 4x4, head on ute........

hannos

Postby hannos » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:11 pm

pj wrote: I reckon they deserve some feedback!

Gotta love bourke rd, how many hazards can you encounter in 23 seconds, bus chicane, 2 blind pedestrian crossings, sunken manholes, reversing ute, turning 4x4, head on ute........

Yeah working on that. We'll see what they say. Maybe the footage might find its way into the hands of the authorities...
2010 BMC SLC01

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:26 pm

Saw a woman drive past me on her phone (glued to her ear). At the next set of lights I stopped beside the window and yelled. She dropped the phone. I smiled

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:37 pm

pj wrote:
Bourke Road Mascot
BE54HA

That separated bike lane is a shocker. The "separation" is more absent than present.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:00 pm

trailgumby wrote:
pj wrote:
Bourke Road Mascot
BE54HA

That separated bike lane is a shocker. The "separation" is more absent than present.
It was the only route available under COS control. A better route would of being along Alexandra Canal, but that's under NSW control and hence why it hasn't been built

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:44 pm

AdelaidePeter

Postby AdelaidePeter » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:30 am

mikesbytes wrote:
trailgumby wrote:
pj wrote:

It was the only route available under COS control. A better route would of being along Alexandra Canal, but that's under NSW control and hence why it hasn't been built
I'm not sure what COS stands for, but I agree with trailgumby, that section of bike lane is a shocker. That's way too long a distance without any separation. It's a car-bike head-on waiting to happen.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:10 am

AdelaidePeter wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:
trailgumby wrote: That separated bike lane is a shocker. The "separation" is more absent than present.
I'm not sure what COS stands for, but I agree with trailgumby, that section of bike lane is a shocker. That's way too long a distance without any separation. It's a car-bike head-on waiting to happen.
COS = City of Sydney (i.e. the local council)
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi