Vic Alipine Riding

RalfR

Vic Alipine Riding

Postby RalfR » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:51 pm

Hi there. I'm after a few suggestions for getting an alpine expereince on a road bike. Ultimately, I'd like to have a base (Bright??) from where I can do 4-5 days of rides around the 100 - 150 KM mark, depending on the terrain. I'd like to camp or lodge in one spot, and then just carry bare essentials on the rides. Any thought will be much appreciated. Might also lodge in a pub instead of camping. Cheers

JustinS007

Postby JustinS007 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi Ralf,
There is a 4 day riding camp based out of Bright if you have the cash.
http://www.brightbootcamp.com/
Too hexy for me as I can just do it myself. Would probably be nice to be part of a larger group though. Not sure.

Alternatively, look at the 'tour' that Shaz and I did in the last week:
viewtopic.php?t=10305[url]

If all this climbing is too much then base yourself in Wangaratta (I might have a bed here for you) and do Bright one day, Beechworth another, Yarrawonga and Whitfield. Some good country, a bit of climb but not overly taxing if you're fit and healthy.

J.[/url]
I'm a runner, but I sure love to ride!

RalfR

Postby RalfR » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:23 am

Thanks Justin, both links were great. I enjoyed you photos as well. The profiles out of Bright look good, it seems to be in a geographical location that allows some velley rides along the rivers, and some difficult mountian climbs, which is what I'm looking for.

Cheers