I need a favour from a CBD worker.

mitzikatzi

I need a favour from a CBD worker.

Postby mitzikatzi » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:21 pm

I am riding the Mawson Trail with Bike SA leaving on 9th May.
I would like to take some Co2 with me on the ride.
If some one has some spare to sell that would make things easier for me
or
http://www.this link is broken/BRC-CO2-30- ... Cartridges" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 30 look like $40 posted.
Anyone like to sell me 10 for $20 and you get 20 for $20. I need you to leave them at bike SA for my by the 8th.
Give me a price and I will happily transfer money up front to a long time BNA member.

Warin

Re: I need a favour from a CBD worker.

Postby Warin » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:56 pm

Buy them in Adelaide?
http://www.bicycleexpress.com.au/store/ ... x_Buy.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pick up in store.

I note that CO2 cylinders are not liked by airlines ... and probably not by couriers either? Might be ok to take as checked luggage?

PA

Postby PA » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:59 pm

You are not allowed to carry them on any commercial plane anywhere.

Buy some here then post them home or give them to a nice South Aussie, there are some of us here.
Mouse magnet

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri May 01, 2015 12:46 am

PA wrote:You are not allowed to carry them on any commercial plane anywhere.

Buy some here then post them home or give them to a nice South Aussie, there are some of us here.
and remember to sign the dangerous goods declaration so they don't stick it on the same plane you were not permitted to take it on.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

Warin

Postby Warin » Fri May 01, 2015 10:51 am

PA wrote:You are not allowed to carry them on any commercial plane anywhere.

If they cannot be carried in a plane .. then they probably cannot be carried by Australia Post .. http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/D ... ec2014.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... section on non toxic gases... Best to ask at a post office.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri May 01, 2015 11:43 am

I also guessing this only applies to Aust Post for travel via Air? Only ask as I had 30 CO2 cartridges just delivered on Monday, but via Courier.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi