City of South Perth, Town of Vic Park joint bicycle plan public input

Scott_C

City of South Perth, Town of Vic Park joint bicycle plan public input

Postby Scott_C » Wed May 31, 2017 12:37 pm

The City of South Perth and Town of Vic Park are seeking input for a joint bicycle plan between the two councils.

https://yoursay.southperth.wa.gov.au/sa ... t?tool=map

http://yourthoughts.victoriapark.wa.gov ... ng-project

Both councils are currently seeking public feedback via surveys and on-line mapping tools until the 9th of June. There is also a community workshop in South Perth this evening (31 May 2017 6-8pm, City of South Perth, corner Sandgate St and South Terrace, South Perth, use the website to register).

Even if you don't live in these council areas many of us use the cycling infrastructure they provide (e.g. Bike path/RSP along the Burswood and South Perth foreshores) and can provide useful feedback.

Scott_C

Re: City of South Perth, Town of Vic Park joint bicycle plan public input

Postby Scott_C » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 pm

The Draft Joint Bike Plan has now been released for comment and can be found via the link below:

http://yourthoughts.victoriapark.wa.gov.au/bikeplan

I haven't had the chance to read it yet (182 pages) but on the surface it seems more substantial than DoT's entire WABN Plan.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:26 am

Only glanced the exec summary, but basically identifies approx $12m in projects over next 5 years.

I see some of my feedback made it as projects, though I'm sure others would also had contributed so I can't claim all the glory.

Slightly off topic, but summary indicated:
E-Bike Salary Sacrifice - E-bike salary sacrificing has recently been ruled in favour of by the ATO and as a result, there are leasing and financing companies that provide e-bike packages.
Can I salary sacrifice my commuting bike?

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Scott_C wrote: it seems more substantial than DoT's entire WABN Plan.
I was going to say "I've seen worse" and then you reminded me when.

It's OK, if a little vanilla. As in ho-hum, not "real vanilla bean". Complete with '50s style self censorship (can you spot it?). Mind you, given the number of committees and review panels this must have gone through it's a pretty darn attractive camel.

I do need to re-read it in detail but if they do half the things promised, it represents a major commitment to cycling infrastructure

Unfortunately, it looks like the authors did not read (or did not fully understand) the City of Stirling plan first. Which is a pity as they could have learnt a fair bit from that. e.g. Section 1.2 is a little out of date.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ