Need some advice on my Tri position

Mersch

Need some advice on my Tri position

Postby Mersch » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi all,

Just would like some advice on my road/ triathlon bike fit. Is this a good position?

https://ibb.co/cm3M5p

Derny Driver

Re: Need some advice on my Tri position

Postby Derny Driver » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:53 pm

Mersch wrote:Hi all,

Just would like some advice on my road/ triathlon bike fit. Is this a good position?

https://ibb.co/cm3M5p
Hi mate
Seat position looks good ...hard to tell but it may possibly need to go up a tiny bit, like 5mm.
You look cramped. The bike is on the small side. All you really can do is get longer extensions on your clip ons.
The clip ons look short. Get your hands another 5-10cm further forward. Elbow pads should be okay where they are.
Its a comfortable looking position, not very fast. Its okay.
Try to stretch your arms forward a bit. A little more arm angle would be good. If the seat can go up slightly it will help stretch you out. Dont move the seat back, it looks good where it is. Just longer clip ons, or if yours are adjustable, wind them out a bit more.

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:53 pm

double post

MattyK

Postby MattyK » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:30 pm

My best advice: Ask this question on slowtwitch forum. You will get some excellent feedback there from numerous professional tri fitters. Your camera angle is good to assess from but if you can capture a video from the same position it would be better. A compromise would be to have the photo with your crank at 6 o'clock.

From my totally unprofessional eye, I would say you could go a lot lower on the front end, but to do so you'll need to go quite a bit further forwards (longer extensions as said above so you can get your elbows in the elbow pads. That's why they're called elbow pads). You appear to have lots of spacers under your stem, and if that doesn't get you down enough find a cheap used stem with more angle and tilt it down.

You should definitely look at your saddle and your saddle position so you can rotate your pelvis forwards comfortably; your hips are still quite upright and back a bit.

Look at my Ugly thread below to see what is possible with a road bike without spending much. And definitely post this to Slowtwitch, but be prepared for some honest (but very useful) feedback there.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:16 am

I'm with DD. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km