Country roads around Bathurst

Mountcyclo

Country roads around Bathurst

Postby Mountcyclo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:34 am

Recently went for a run around Turondale, Rivulet Rd, Peel and back to Bathurst via the Sofala Rd. In total about 49kms which makes a nice run.

A chilly morning start. Edit: Please click onto a photo if you wish, there are more on photobucket.

Turondale Rd

Some unsealed surface along Rivulet Rd, good riding.

A curious Lama and approaching Peel village.

Clear Creek bridge and historic Anglican church at Peel

One of the best rides I have done and perfect autumn weather.
Last edited by Mountcyclo on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dfa7559

Re: Country roads around Bathurst

Postby dfa7559 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:01 am

Looks mint!

Mountcyclo

Postby Mountcyclo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Thanks dfa', the ride was certainly one of the most pleasant I had done for a long time. The Central West is rich in such country and there is so much to explore.

One sees so much more when cycling.

open roader

Postby open roader » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Mountcyclo wrote:Thanks dfa', the ride was certainly one of the most pleasant I had done for a long time. The Central West is rich in such country and there is so much to explore.

.......and quite verdant for the final dying throes of summer....... someone has had some decent rain........ :D
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:29 pm

Mountcyclo wrote:Thanks dfa', the ride was certainly one of the most pleasant I had done for a long time. The Central West is rich in such country and there is so much to explore.

+ 1. Central west has great riding opportunities. I am a bit more west 100km west of Bathurst. It's a good ride to Bathurst too but a little to far for a round trip.

Mountcyclo

Postby Mountcyclo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:25 pm

open roader wrote:

.......and quite verdant for the final dying throes of summer....... someone has had some decent rain........ :D
There has been some good falls of rain these last couple of weeks which was a great relief to many farmers. Creeks are flowing and bare drought baked ground are showing good growth, hope it continues.

At least the pasture growth has taken the pressure of hand feeding which is expensive and very time consuming.

Mountcyclo

Postby Mountcyclo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:29 pm

silkishuge wrote:

+ 1. Central west has great riding opportunities. I am a bit more west 100km west of Bathurst. It's a good ride to Bathurst too but a little to far for a round trip.
Have been in and around Molong over the years and there is some beautiful country there. Cudal, Parkes, Forbes comes to mind.

open roader

Postby open roader » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:35 pm

Mountcyclo wrote:
silkishuge wrote:

Have been in and around Molong over the years and there is some beautiful country there. Cudal, Parkes, Forbes comes to mind.
Land of the cycling gods - both bicycle and motorcycle. Gulgong / Molong / Cassilis / Sofala / Mudgee / Breeza / Kandos / Lithgow / Coolah / Dunedoo land of the long sweeping corner, first class open roads.
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

Mountcyclo

Postby Mountcyclo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:04 pm

Yes, heaps of motorcycles in the Central West, the run Lithgow, Tarana, Bathurst is very popular. Always a few bikes at the Tarana pub.

Redid the Durama/ Peel run this morning and on the way into Bathurst along the Sofala Rd there was a group of easily 30 bikes heading out.

Good day for a ride. :D