BNA Ultimate Cycling Jersey - $29

cancan64

Re: BNA Ultimate Cycling Jersey - $29

Postby cancan64 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Thank you.. I only noticed it after I posted it and didn't want to muck about on the phone fixing it
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

Backdoorboss

Postby Backdoorboss » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:10 pm

I got mine delivered to work and received it today (Melbourne).
The jersey looks and feels pretty schmick, cant wait to try it.

The stickers and the very artistic personalised notes were a great bonus. (I got a unicorn, hahaha)

Thank you again for organising the whole thing Christopher.

Will post up a review when I've given the jersey a bit of a work out.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Also received mine today, thanks Christopher.

We'll need some more warm days for a proper test though in Sydney. It does look very well ventilated.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

GTPilot

Postby GTPilot » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Rolled into work today excited to collect my package of BNA stickers and guess what - there was jersey in there too!! :)

First impressions - this is nice, great colours in this design, its well made, I like the idea of emergency info on the inside label, although I'm not too sure EMT would be looking for it. Personally, I'd also like to see a beefier zipper also, but this is no big deal.
Fit is pretty much the same as others have noted, mines a 3xl and fits me like my 2xl jerseys. It's interesting to note the label has a USA size printed (XXL) having spent lots of time in the US having worn many of USA sized clothes, in this case I'd think more like large in real USA sizing.

just trying it on, it seems comfortable to wear. my only real negative at this point is the pockets look to be on the small side.
Just gotta harden up now so I can wear it out in this freezing Melbourne weather.. :cry:

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:32 pm

cancan64 wrote:Mine turned up today
I am 182cm and 86kg (ok it was a long weekend and I didn't ride but did wine and dine) and the medium is tight.. I mean is a race fit and can only be worn with bibs
Jogging to work tomorrow so will give it a test on Thursday.. Hope it is a warm morning with the vents on the side

Haven't got mine yet, but at the same height and 70kgs I'm expecting my large to be too large, so if you are in the market for a swap when I've checked mine out I'll let you know

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Ended up cycling today so have worn it now.... I could go a size up as well but it stretched well and was not cold in the freezing 11c that we had this morning
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:31 pm

cancan64, be on the look-out for a size L as it really looks like you need a size up.
I went for the size based on the specs and this has worked out for me.
Cycling is in my BNA

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:37 pm

I detoured to aldi on the way home and the girl in front of me gave me a nice smile... Can only be the shirt

Gunlock

Postby Gunlock » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:22 pm

So i got mine tonight.

Sizing based on my height and weight on the Monton website was a XXXL which is what I ordered. Turns out it's huge :(

Having measured another of my jerseys and it looks like i need a Medium or a Large. Will shoot off an email to Chris regarding a swap, otherwise i'll offer it someone in Melbourne who missed out.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Gunlock wrote:So i got mine tonight.

Sizing based on my height and weight on the Monton website was a XXXL which is what I ordered. Turns out it's huge :(

Having measured another of my jerseys and it looks like i need a Medium or a Large. Will shoot off an email to Chris regarding a swap, otherwise i'll offer it someone in Melbourne who missed out.
Part of my review is to evaluate how the finished product matches their sizing chart. You may wish to go to the chart and see if the XXXL you got a) is the same measurements as the chart, and b) how does it compare to the sizes of other brands you might own (CS, Cuore, dhb...).

I also noted my XL has a USA L on the same label. On the sizing chart, I don't recall there being two different sizes listed.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:32 pm

Got mine today, GLW got the mail and shot me a pic of it accompanied with an unspoken but nonetheless blatant 'what have you bought now' theme.

'nothing honey, I didnt pay for it. I do have to review it though, so I guess I need to go for a ride....'

I seem to have broken the mould a touch, I ordered my usual size (M) and it seems to be fine (well, its tight, but so are all my jerseys at the moment :cry: )

Design is on point, initial impressions on quality are pleasantly surprising. Not sure the mesh side panels are suited to riding the Victorian surf coast in winter though!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:07 am

im_no_pro ... the easy answers are:
- It cost less than half the price of a normal jersey
- And 100% goes to charity
Cycling is in my BNA

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:19 am

AUbicycles wrote:im_no_pro ... the easy answers are:
- It cost less than half the price of a normal jersey
- And 100% goes to charity
Easy answer was 'I didnt pay for it (except for postage)'. I just happened to make a donation to the black dog institute at the same time. Win win :)
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

Gunlock

Postby Gunlock » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:42 pm

So i would love to swap my 3XL for an L if anyone else has had a mix up with ordering. Anyone?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:44 pm

Wanted
Size L - cancan64
Size L - Gunlock

Available
Size M - Cancan64
Size 3XL - Gunlock

Sale - $59
Size M
Size M
Size M
Size XL

Note - I will update this list, and then perhaps repeat. Aim is to get an order so we know who is first up when a jersey is available
Cycling is in my BNA

jackthelad

Postby jackthelad » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:23 am

anyone in Perth got thiers yet
SantaCruz HighTower LT
SantaCruz Blur XC Carbon
Kona Kula Supreme(Retired/Spare)
Surly Karate Monkey
Ribble Rd Bike

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:31 am

Nope, I think the public holiday over east has delayed it for us.

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:16 am

eldavo wrote:Nope, I think the public holiday over east has delayed it for us.
Yep nothing here yet :(

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Nope, me neither

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:53 pm

Post from Sydney to WA is slower than from the UK to Australia. How can that be?
Cycling is in my BNA

minhyy

Postby minhyy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:58 pm

Went for a ride today with the jersey, wore a s/s baselayer underneath, arm warmers and a gilet. The jersey was warm enough with those layers, and I imagine on a hot day this would be my go to jersey because of the fabric. Time will tell..

Front on, the fit of the large on me definitely is not race cut, but I had to compromise for my armpits to be comfortable

Because of sizing, the rear ended up being quite long if I pulled the jersey taut - to the point that the end would actually be where I sit on the saddle. However, due to the silicon gripper, I could set the end where I wanted to, and let the rear of the jersey sag slightly

I think if I was to have the race cut for my body shape, it would probably have Medium measurements with a bust somewhere between medium and large.
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:13 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Post from Sydney to WA is slower than from the UK to Australia. How can that be?
that is standard, normally 4 days max for orders from the UK and a minimum of a week for anything form the east coast I tend to find

grt046

Postby grt046 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:43 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Post from Sydney to WA is slower than from the UK to Australia. How can that be?
Aus Post is not travelling well recently. I ordered a polo shirt from Sydney, and while it was picked up the day I ordered it, took 12 days to be delivered to Brisbane (That included a long weekend)
Giant Defy Advanced 1 (2014) Orbea Gain M20 (2021)

Releng

Postby Releng » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:18 pm

My large found its way to Tassie on Friday.
Looks and feels good, almost a perfect fit. I am 181CM and 84KG. Took it for a shakedown run yesterday, it is not the best jersey when it is only 12 degrees but it was ok if I stayed in the sunshine. I will give it a wash and have another ride in it before I do a more comprehensive review. Early indications are good, the quality appears to be at least equivalent to my other jerseys, maybe even superior to some of them.
Thanks to Christopher for a top job of organising this.

Grgic

Postby Grgic » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:37 pm

Height (cm): 182

Weight (kg): ~80kg

Other build descriptors (eg. big shoulders, narrow arms etc): Lean build (see photo)

Jersey Size Ordered: XXL

Comments on the fit (length, cut, arms, shoulders, etc): Lengthwise probably just slightly too long, but better than being too short I guess. Not as tight as some of my other jerseys across my chest nor around my biceps, but certainly a firm hold where the rubber gripper is at the bottom of the jersey. Obviously this is going to differ from person to person due to different body builds.

I do like the design, colours look good.

Here's my initial thoughts after my first ride wearing this jersey today.

Conditions: Blue sky, sun out, 13 degrees in Canberra, not very windy.

I had arm warmers on but that was the only other upper garment apart from the jersey. Was a little concerned that with the mesh on the side I might have been cold but really I had no issues with my body temperature at all for my 2 hour ride. If it had been overcast or windy that might have been a different story, time will tell.

Jersey zipped up easily enough putting it on, no concerns over the quality of the zipper at this point but will see how that progresses. With the jersey being a little loose across my chest I think it flapped in the breeze a bit and affected my heart-rate sensor readings as I didn't do a hard ride yet had 8mins in Zone 5!

No issue with room in the jersey pockets. Today I had in them my 2 mobile phones, a banana, cleat covers, house keys and café lock and still had plenty of room to spare. A waterproof pocket would be nice but beggars can't be choosers.

It's now in a low temperature wash cycle and will see if that alters its characteristics. Will do some more test rides and see if it continues to cause issues with the HR sensor.

http://www.strava.com/athletes/3420668? ... ce=top-nav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;