Idiot driver Canning Mills Road - Martin ... watch out.

Dodgy-Knee

Idiot driver Canning Mills Road - Martin ... watch out.

Postby Dodgy-Knee » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:47 pm

I'm really over this ... #**#ing ignorant 4WD drivers with their heads up you-know-where....

Watch out for a white Toyota Kluger (rego 1GFZ-784) around the Martin/Gosnells/Roleystone area that is being driven by a total ####head.

I was riding east (up!!)along Canning Mills Road this morning at 7:30am approaching the T-junction with Chevin Road... there was a small amount of early morning traffic... nothing too crazy and everyone was playing nicely.

As I approached (maybe 20-30m from the junction), a 4WD stopped at the give-way sign and...stopped...and stopped...and stopped... right up until I was almost in front of it and then decided to pull out and turn right...it drove out way towards the outside of my lane and forced me to swerve and hit the brakes... it missed me by about a meter and just took off... didn't even slow or miss a heartbeat.... we had clear uninterrupted line of site vision the whole time...

I have recorded it on my trusty Fly but I don't know how to upload the video to this forum... if anyone can point me in the right direction or upload it on my behalf, that would be just fantastic.

This was only 1 of 3 incidences this morning .... the first was a driver who tried to do the right thing and leave a meter but decided that they just couldn't wait for me and overtook into oncoming traffic.... the last one was ANOTHER 4WD who drove up fast behind me on a main road, overtook me by a few car lengths and then hit the brakes to immediately turn left into a childminding carpark (oh, the irony....)

Just who is it that gives these idiots their licence??????????????????????????????????

Thanks all .... gripe over for now.

Scott_C

Re: Idiot driver Canning Mills Road - Martin ... watch out.

Postby Scott_C » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:01 pm

You can't upload video directly to this forum, you need to upload it to a site of your choice (I use Youtube), get the share video URL from Youtube and use the "shareyoutube" tags to embed the video in your post.

As far as f*wits go I saw 5 red light running cars in my 20 minute drive into the city to drop off my wife this morning, 2 of which were facing a signal that had been red for over 30 seconds. Unfortunately they are everywhere these days.

Dodgy-Knee

Postby Dodgy-Knee » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Scott_C wrote:You can't upload video directly to this forum, you need to upload it to a site of your choice (I use Youtube), get the share video URL from Youtube and use the "shareyoutube" tags to embed the video in your post.

As far as f*wits go I saw 5 red light running cars in my 20 minute drive into the city to drop off my wife this morning, 2 of which were facing a signal that had been red for over 30 seconds. Unfortunately they are everywhere these days.
Thanks Scott ... I think I've got it sorted now.

I know what you mean with the red lights ... it seems to be the new sport... my son is just about to go for his license and I'm getting the yips just thinking about him on those roads with all of those idiots... I try and ride really early or on back roads in the hills... unfortunately, they've cleared so much land and made all of these new housing developments that we're running out of back roads... the mindless hoards move in with their sh*t attitude and SUVs and think they own the place all of a sudden....

Dodgy-Knee

Postby Dodgy-Knee » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:33 pm

For your viewing pleasure.... here's the video (thanks again Scott .... be careful going through those red lights!)

PS - bit of a language warning for those of you with sensitive souls (hey! it was in the heat of the moment :wink: )

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Reminds me of the old movie Starman - "Green means go, red means stop, yellow means go very fast."

Except now, green means go, yellow means go very fast, and red means go through it anyway, who cares about red lights?

People nowadays are deliberately using those 2-3 seconds of delay between a red and a green light to run the red light. I see it just about every day when driving and riding.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Dodgy-Knee wrote:For your viewing pleasure.... here's the video (thanks again Scott .... be careful going through those red lights!)

PS - bit of a language warning for those of you with sensitive souls (hey! it was in the heat of the moment :wink: )

I agree with your verbal assessment of the driver :D

What light mode did you have your Fly12 on? Unless it's early morning blackness and I use the steady on mode, I personally like the constant fast flashing mode on high power (medium on group rides to save battery). I reckon it's the most attention grabbing (not that it's stopped other *** heads from pulling out in front of me either!).

When riding on the road, I've taken to tilting it up a few degrees above horizontal, pretty much aiming it straight at the eyes of people driving those high riding SUVs.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

chuckchunder

Postby chuckchunder » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:32 pm

I've always been wary up that way, many fools with an opinion in the area. Had a similar incident descending Albany Hwy in Bedfordale. I was approaching Waterwheel Rd travelling well over 70km/h in the left lane, as a car pulled up to the junction, waiting to turn right into Albany Hwy. He waited until I was almost parallel and then pulled out and tried to run me off the road. He hadn't banked on my two front disc brakes and I easily avoided him. He wasn't brave enough to continue his attempt on my life once he saw me catching up down the hill, running the red light at the bottom........
"We have thousands of miles of cycling infrastructure, we just need to get the cars off them....." US advocate

Dodgy-Knee

Postby Dodgy-Knee » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:22 am

Mububban wrote:
What light mode did you have your Fly12 on? Unless it's early morning blackness and I use the steady on mode, I personally like the constant fast flashing mode on high power (medium on group rides to save battery). I reckon it's the most attention grabbing (not that it's stopped other *** heads from pulling out in front of me either!).

When riding on the road, I've taken to tilting it up a few degrees above horizontal, pretty much aiming it straight at the eyes of people driving those high riding SUVs.
Actually, the flashing light isn't from my Fly12 ... it's my 300 lux Moon light that I've had way before I got the Fly ... I use the Fly only as a camera and as a backup to my Moon though the Fly does have a pretty good light as well.... I always use the flashing light during the day (something like a lucky rabbit's foot)... hopefully those fools out there will see the light and think twice ;-)

I also tilt the light slightly upwards... the drivers in those SUVs sit pretty high... maybe the lack of oxygen up there explains their idiocy ?!?

Dodgy-Knee

Postby Dodgy-Knee » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:29 am

chuckchunder wrote:I've always been wary up that way, many fools with an opinion in the area. Had a similar incident descending Albany Hwy in Bedfordale. I was approaching Waterwheel Rd travelling well over 70km/h in the left lane, as a car pulled up to the junction, waiting to turn right into Albany Hwy. He waited until I was almost parallel and then pulled out and tried to run me off the road. He hadn't banked on my two front disc brakes and I easily avoided him. He wasn't brave enough to continue his attempt on my life once he saw me catching up down the hill, running the red light at the bottom........
Hi Chuck .... I ride that road all the time and have had a few hairy moments as well with the local hillbillies... crashing at 70km/hr is no joke but they'll still take you on in order to claim the road or save having to touch their brakes.... my favourite is when you ride up the hill and some two-carriage truck rumbles past you and squeezes you to the extreme left of the outside lane even if they have an empty lane next to them.... a shame your friend ran the red and got away... I'd have been pounding on his roof like nobody's business.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:19 am

Dodgy-Knee wrote:Actually, the flashing light isn't from my Fly12 ... it's my 300 lux Moon light that I've had way before I got the Fly ... I use the Fly only as a camera and as a backup to my Moon though the Fly does have a pretty good light as well.... I always use the flashing light during the day (something like a lucky rabbit's foot)... hopefully those fools out there will see the light and think twice ;-)

I also tilt the light slightly upwards... the drivers in those SUVs sit pretty high... maybe the lack of oxygen up there explains their idiocy ?!?
I prefer to run a steady beam on front, unless it is a low power light. I feel that a flashing light is a sign of a bicycle and the mouth breathers write it with slow and think they can pull out so they dont get slowed down. A steady beam could be a motorbike which is faster and also more likely to damage them because they are heavier.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

XIX

Postby XIX » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Have you sent this to the authorities ? I would be sending away and asking for them to be charged.

Its clearly failing to give way, and you have the 1m rule as well, so could be a double banger ;)

Dodgy-Knee

Postby Dodgy-Knee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 pm

XIX wrote:Have you sent this to the authorities ? I would be sending away and asking for them to be charged.

Its clearly failing to give way, and you have the 1m rule as well, so could be a double banger ;)
I've been thinking about it ... my other half doesn't know about the close call (she's got enough on her plate at the moment...) so I was a bit reluctant to get the police involved but I'm itching to do something.... I went riding there again a few days ago and was constantly on the lookout for a big white SUV

I might just show the police the footage and see what they say.... I put in 2 reports to the police last year because of idiots behind the wheel but never found out what the outcome was... I'm a bit reluctant to find out as it will probably be a slap on the wrist... if I report this idiot, I want something done about it.... I'm just so over this cr*p (and weak policing as well).