Anyone using Lezyne Super GPS or small gps that works with Garmin magnetless sensor

cancan64

Anyone using Lezyne Super GPS or small gps that works with Garmin magnetless sensor

Postby cancan64 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:25 am

Just wondering if anyone is using a Lezyne Super GPS or a small gps that works with Garmin magnetless sensor.

basically this is for my bikepacking bike and I keep wearing out the Garmin edge 1000 which is a pain to keep charged as well so I have acquired a Garmin Etrex 30x for navigation but also want a small gps that I can track cadence from my Garmin magnetless sensor, Distance and lap (used to match distance to next turn with cue sheets). Also would like a long battery life, can do 18+ hrs a day up to a week or so with little access to power.

The Leznye seems cheap enough and looks like it will connect to sensors. I also want to be able to easily upload to Strava (distance, speed, cadence and elevation, something that is easy with the edge but i find a pain with my cyco 505 which I like but cant be used in the wet and bikepacking is in every condition.

Open to other suggestions
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

RonK

Re: Anyone using Lezyne Super GPS or small gps that works with Garmin magnetless sensor

Postby RonK » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:52 am

Wahoo Elemnt Mini.

I think the Elemnt is one of the best bike computers I’ve owned. It works with Wahoo magnetless sensors and supports both BTLE and ANT+ so will probably work with Garmin sensors too. At worst you could get a Wahoo sensor.

No battery charging required, it has a lap function and syncs to most training sites. :wink:

Wahoo Elemnt Mini

Hmmm, looks like you will need a Wahoo sensor. Wahoo ELEMNT MINI In-Depth Review
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

cancan64

Re: Anyone using Lezyne Super GPS or small gps that works with Garmin magnetless sensor

Postby cancan64 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:20 pm

Thanks Ronk... I need to research that one a bit more... looks like it gets most metrics from your phone and my phone is in flight mode on long rides...
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

RonK

Postby RonK » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:07 pm

cancan64 wrote:Thanks Ronk... I need to research that one a bit more... looks like it gets most metrics from your phone and my phone is in flight mode on long rides...
Cadence, distance, lap you said - it has all that in standalone mode, and long battery life.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

AndrewCowley

Postby AndrewCowley » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:08 pm

I have a Super GPS. I don't think the altimeter in it is very accurate. I get crazy results with mine.

RhapsodyX

Postby RhapsodyX » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:04 am

I bought a SuperGPS to replace my Garmin 520 (not worth the hassle of factory refurb to fix the dying battery). It works with all my Garmin/Wahoo sensors and my Power2Max cranks.
Issues :
* If the battery goes flat while riding, you lose the current ride data.
* It won't automatically calibrate the wheel size to match a speed sensor - and distance is from the speed sensor if connected.
* You have to wait until you have at last 3-out-of-4 for satellite lock if you want the altimeter to calibrate, but it will self-correct over time.
* For mine, the temperature reads about 4C high.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:41 pm

RhapsodyX wrote:* For mine, the temperature reads about 4C high.
Might be worth it just to get warmer weather...

Will see how I go just using the Garmin Etrex 30x which turned up the other day... although that doesnt work with my Garmin magnetless sensors... of course but I do have another speed/cadence sensor somewhere and then go from there, a shop might lend me a wahoo to play with :D

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:24 pm

I don’t use any sensors for my Bolt or previously with Edge 520.

Cadence now comes from the PM, but don’t care about that.

Everything else is GPS based. Works well enough for me

FijiCyclist

Postby FijiCyclist » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:28 pm

I can confirm that the Lezyne Enhanced Super GPS works with the Garmin magnetless cadence and speed sensors

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:17 am

I ended up with the Lenzyne micro gps and works fine although I decided to get another Garmin cadence sensor for the commuter and it was dead on arrival. took it back to the store who had to send it back to Garmin... 4 months on and still waiting. last garmin product I will be buying

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:47 pm

cancan64 wrote:I ended up with the Lenzyne micro gps and works fine although I decided to get another Garmin cadence sensor for the commuter and it was dead on arrival. took it back to the store who had to send it back to Garmin... 4 months on and still waiting. last garmin product I will be buying
Are NZ consumer laws different to Australia. That's a major fault so you have the right to choose refund, replacement or repair.