Australia Post's "ShopMate"

User avatar
Thoglette
Posts: 6618
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby Thoglette » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:43 pm

Anyone used anyone else and like to report? Otherwise I'm off for a Shipto account (as I need some tyres that are US only shipping)
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

User avatar
Thoglette
Posts: 6618
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby Thoglette » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:07 pm

Trying Planet Express .... will report back
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

Nobody
Posts: 10326
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby Nobody » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:28 am

Thoglette wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:07 pm
Trying Planet Express .... will report back

How did using this service go?

User avatar
Thoglette
Posts: 6618
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby Thoglette » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:41 pm

Nobody wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:28 am
Thoglette wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:07 pm
Trying Planet Express .... will report back
How did using this service go?
So far (2 shipments) so good. All went to plan.

I’m on their zero dollar plan, so I’m hit with a $25 fee each time on top of actual costs. So I tend to do a “big shop” to spread the cost.

But still way ahead of US post. Haven’t used their UK service yet.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 14832
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby MichaelB » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:11 pm

Thoglette wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:41 pm
Nobody wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:28 am
Thoglette wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:07 pm
Trying Planet Express .... will report back
How did using this service go?
So far (2 shipments) so good. All went to plan.

I’m on their zero dollar plan, so I’m hit with a $25 fee each time on top of actual costs. So I tend to do a “big shop” to spread the cost.

But still way ahead of US post. Haven’t used their UK service yet.
So, I'm trying to get some SKS fender parts. There are only 2 options worldwide - SKS USA and a online shop in Germany.

SKS USA does not ship outside USA :roll: , but it appears that through the Planet Express, the min shipping cost is USD$39. So does this mean that there is an additional $25 (USD or $A) on top of that ?

And the stoopid thing is that the German shipping is about A$60 - $70 for a $10 part. :evil:

User avatar
Thoglette
Posts: 6618
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby Thoglette » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:30 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:11 pm
… it appears that through the Planet Express, the min shipping cost is USD$39. So does this mean that there is an additional $25 (USD or $A) on top of that ?
Good question- my last bill was $25 fee plus about $10 actual postage costs ( I was able to chose from a small range of options).
The challenge is knowing exactly what the weight (actual or volume) of your shopping is before
you buy the items: if you know that the Shopmate fees can be pre calculated
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 14832
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby MichaelB » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:15 pm

Thoglette wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:30 pm
MichaelB wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:11 pm
… it appears that through the Planet Express, the min shipping cost is USD$39. So does this mean that there is an additional $25 (USD or $A) on top of that ?
Good question- my last bill was $25 fee plus about $10 actual postage costs ( I was able to chose from a small range of options).
The challenge is knowing exactly what the weight (actual or volume) of your shopping is before
you buy the items: if you know that the Shopmate fees can be pre calculated
Well Shopmate is closed 18+ months ago.

The above costs were from Planet Express.

User avatar
antigee
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:58 am
Location: just off the Yarra Trail but not lurking in the bushes

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby antigee » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:40 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:11 pm
Thoglette wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:41 pm
Nobody wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:28 am

How did using this service go?
So far (2 shipments) so good. All went to plan.

I’m on their zero dollar plan, so I’m hit with a $25 fee each time on top of actual costs. So I tend to do a “big shop” to spread the cost.

But still way ahead of US post. Haven’t used their UK service yet.
So, I'm trying to get some SKS fender parts. There are only 2 options worldwide - SKS USA and a online shop in Germany.

SKS USA does not ship outside USA :roll: , but it appears that through the Planet Express, the min shipping cost is USD$39. So does this mean that there is an additional $25 (USD or $A) on top of that ?

And the stoopid thing is that the German shipping is about A$60 - $70 for a $10 part. :evil:
have you looked at BikeInn for SKS ?

https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en/sks/2054/m

a quick click on an item looks like will ship to Aus' Shipping cost around $50 but as says on site no more to pay GST covered and any fees ...I always use BikeInn with caution, not that quick to ship and heard say that if a problem poor on communication...for me stuff has always turned up and they have stuff others won't ship to Aus

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 14832
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby MichaelB » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:47 pm

antigee wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:40 pm


have you looked at BikeInn for SKS ?

https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en/sks/2054/m

a quick click on an item looks like will ship to Aus' Shipping cost around $50 but as says on site no more to pay GST covered and any fees ...I always use BikeInn with caution, not that quick to ship and heard say that if a problem poor on communication...for me stuff has always turned up and they have stuff others won't ship to Aus
I have looked EVERYWHERE !!

It’s a specific part that for some reason is not readily available.

Drives me nuts !

User avatar
find_bruce
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10593
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby find_bruce » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:46 pm

Which bits are you after Michael?
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 14832
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby MichaelB » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:35 am

find_bruce wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:46 pm
Which bits are you after Michael?
These suckers :

https://www.bike-components.de/en/SKS/E ... ne-p91571/

Which are now out of stock at the only non-USA supplier .. :roll:

https://sks-us.com/collections/all/prod ... 055b&_ss=c

And the only other supplier that I have been able to find - SKS USA
https://sks-us.com/collections/all/prod ... 055b&_ss=c

Image

The ONLY bit I NEED is just one of the doodads that connects onto the fork/seat stay on the "V" adaptor (part of the breakaway system).


Found one other place in Switzerland, but of course they also don't ship out of that country :roll:

User avatar
find_bruce
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10593
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby find_bruce » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:19 am

Bugger - I have spares of these https://www.bike-components.de/en/SKS/S ... cs-p33490/ but I don't think they will work for you. If you can think of a way, happy to send them your way
Image
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 14832
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby MichaelB » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:26 am

find_bruce wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:19 am
Bugger - I have spares of these https://www.bike-components.de/en/SKS/S ... cs-p33490/ but I don't think they will work for you. If you can think of a way, happy to send them your way
Cheers, but they are no good, many thanks for the offer though, much appreciated.

Have sent another email to SKS Germany, but not hopeful.

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 14832
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby MichaelB » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:28 am

MichaelB wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:26 am
find_bruce wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:19 am
Bugger - I have spares of these https://www.bike-components.de/en/SKS/S ... cs-p33490/ but I don't think they will work for you. If you can think of a way, happy to send them your way
Cheers, but they are no good, many thanks for the offer though, much appreciated.

Have sent another email to SKS Germany, but not hopeful.
And my lack of hope was well rewarded. Got a reply this morning
Hello Mr. Bachmann,

thank you for your mail and the interest in our products!

If you want to purchase spare parts or items of our product range please get directly in touch with one of our international distributors.
You can find a list of them in the following link: https://www.sks-germany.com/service/distributoren/

Unfortunately it is not possible to order them from SKS Germany.

Thank you for your understanding!
Mit freundlichen Grüßen | Best regards | Met vriendelijke groeten
Ann-Kristin Hauschke-Kramer
Export Department metaplast
:? :roll: :evil:

The silly thing is that it is likely to be cheaper to buy a 2nd full mudguard set at the supplier I bought them from last time, as the cost of the fender set + shipping is only a few bucks more than the spare + shipping from the only place that will ship them here, but who are out of stock .... :roll: :roll: :roll: :?: :?: :?:

User avatar
MichaelB
Posts: 14832
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Australia Post's "ShopMate"

Postby MichaelB » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:39 am

MichaelB wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:28 am

The silly thing is that it is likely to be cheaper to buy a 2nd full mudguard set at the supplier I bought them from last time, as the cost of the fender set + shipping is only a few bucks more than the spare + shipping from the only place that will ship them here, but who are out of stock .... :roll: :roll: :roll: :?: :?: :?:
Well, my prediction from above came to pass.

As part of an order of some Lake MTB shoes that I finally succumbed to my 'desires', I added in a new pair of mudguards and tyres for the ICAN so it at least softened some of the shipping cost.

Funnily enough, the shipping cost for the mudguards, shoes and tyres is less than the enveloped size bits from another german seller .....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: P!N20