Shogun Appreciation Society

User avatar
uart
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:15 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Shogun Appreciation Society

Postby uart » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:54 pm

Irish Yobbo wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:46 pm
Thanks uart, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I was hoping to fit some slightly bigger tyres in there, but really the bike is so cheap I'll get it anyway and give it a go.
Well if it's cheap enough you might even be game to have a go at putting a small crimp into the chain stays. The stays are oval without any crimp, and you'd only need to gain a couple of mm to make it workable with 28c (as it's already pretty close to enough). I've done it (crimping) before with some improvised tools, the result were a little bit bit rough but it did the job.

User avatar
WyvernRH
Posts: 3186
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:41 pm
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: Shogun Appreciation Society

Postby WyvernRH » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:27 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned before in the thread, but I am looking for an early to mid 1980s Shogun road bike catalog and have come up blank on the Web so far after a fair bit of digging. Has anyone else found anything? OR.. hava a paper copy they might sell?

Richard

Imwit
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 pm
Location: Albury

Re: Shogun Appreciation Society

Postby Imwit » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:12 pm

WyvernRH wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:27 am
Not sure if this has been mentioned before in the thread, but I am looking for an early to mid 1980s Shogun road bike catalog and have come up blank on the Web so far after a fair bit of digging. Has anyone else found anything? OR.. hava a paper copy they might sell?

Richard
Seems like mid 80’s catalog’s are in demand. A fella on the previous page reckoned he starred in one of them but couldn’t find it anywhere online.

cruzzler
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:45 am

Re: Shogun Appreciation Society

Postby cruzzler » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:59 am

Hi All, not sure if this is the correct forum as its my first post so please be kind. I have an earl 90s trail breaker which I am refurbing. I have an old XT 3x10 group set which i am throwing onto it but i am having severe chain line issues. I have changed the square taper BB for a BB50 one to accomodate the hollow tech II triple cranks. Using the spacers for the 68mm BB according to Shimano makes puts the chain line so out of kilter its not funny. If i move all the spacers to the LHS non drive side (not recommended I know as the LHS now has not many threads into the BB) its still not even close to being perfect. I have also upgraded the rear wheel to accomodate a 10speed (to use XT shifters) and the rear cassette seems fine with possibly a tiny about of option to re-aline the thru-axel till the cassette will be too close to rear stay. Even if i did this I am still an entire chain ring or like 10mm out of "perfect" with the middle chain ring lining up to middle of cassette. Frame is straight and true and have checked using the sheldon brown string method. Help!

Dias78
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:52 pm

Re: Shogun Appreciation Society

Postby Dias78 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:34 pm

Hi all I’ve got a shogun team issue 1989 black with silver camo and was willing too part with it for the right price but would like too know where I could get the decals on it redone as I am thinking of getting it restored if I don’t get the right price for it… it’s still in original condition down too the factory tyres that it came with… appreciate any help and info on the bike and ideas of what I should do

rkelsen
Posts: 5131
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Shogun Appreciation Society

Postby rkelsen » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:13 am

^ Please define "the right price"

jonsio
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:02 am

Re: Shogun Appreciation Society

Postby jonsio » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:25 pm

I recently purchased a Trailbreaker 1 and was hoping to find out what year this one would be?

Image

Imwit
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 pm
Location: Albury

Re: Shogun Appreciation Society

Postby Imwit » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:02 pm

Looks 90’s to me. You can probably get closer by identifying your front and rear derailleurs. They might have a model number on the back which you can Google to find out more.

jonsio
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:02 am

Re: Shogun Appreciation Society

Postby jonsio » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:19 am

Imwit wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:02 pm
Looks 90’s to me. You can probably get closer by identifying your front and rear derailleurs. They might have a model number on the back which you can Google to find out more.
I got in contact with the distributor who sold the bike originally as the sticker was on there. It appears it is a 1998-1999 model based on their old catalogues.

Imwit
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 pm
Location: Albury

Re: Shogun Appreciation Society

Postby Imwit » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:36 am

jonsio wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:19 am
Imwit wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:02 pm
Looks 90’s to me. You can probably get closer by identifying your front and rear derailleurs. They might have a model number on the back which you can Google to find out more.
I got in contact with the distributor who sold the bike originally as the sticker was on there. It appears it is a 1998-1999 model based on their old catalogues.
Nice detective work jonsio

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users