Where is...

CmdrBiggles
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:28 pm
Location: 'The Cattery'.

Where is...

Postby CmdrBiggles » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:05 pm

my nose suppos'd to be? :shock:
GIANT 2024 TCR Advanced Pro Disc 0 AR | GT 2014 Zaskar 29er | 2022 Dragon Raptor e-scooter [Yellow Peril]

davehirst
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:27 pm

Re: Where is...

Postby davehirst » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:25 am

Good question, i had mine removed due to Squamish cell cancer.
They are slowly building me a new one, but its not quite in the same place.

User avatar
P!N20
Posts: 4040
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:50 pm
Location: Wurundjeri Country

Re: Where is...

Postby P!N20 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:45 am

davehirst wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:25 am
Good question, i had mine removed due to Squamish cell cancer.
They are slowly building me a new one, but its not quite in the same place.
That snot good

CmdrBiggles
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:28 pm
Location: 'The Cattery'.

Re: Where is...

Postby CmdrBiggles » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:14 am

No, no, no. :o
Before the cat went MIA (then found last night and promptly placed under house arrest), I meant to say—
Where is my nose suppos'd to be relative to the handlebar stem?
I had a look-see (kind of...) with a ruler and a string taped to my nose and my nose falls 3.0cm behind the centre of the stem. I deduce from that the situation looks normal.

Yes, I am well aware and versed in SCCs and BCCs and skin grafts (as so very many in my age group are); my nose is still there, but other things are being kept a close watch on. What the hospital Specialist thought was an ulcerated SCC on the ouside left pointer finger actually turned out to be a Bowen's eruption that has now settled down of its own accord.
GIANT 2024 TCR Advanced Pro Disc 0 AR | GT 2014 Zaskar 29er | 2022 Dragon Raptor e-scooter [Yellow Peril]

User avatar
find_bruce
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10593
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Where is...

Postby find_bruce » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:59 am

Depends. Do you ride like left or right?
Image
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower

CmdrBiggles
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:28 pm
Location: 'The Cattery'.

Re: Where is...

Postby CmdrBiggles » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:31 am

find_bruce wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:59 am
Depends. Do you ride like left or right?
Image


Definitely left.
I am not at all outstretched, or bent into a right angle like that fella on the right! I was fitted very precisely by the shop.
The question arose because I've seen roadies who have pretty much got their face far over the front wheel, which history tells me is a quick way to have a front-up-and-over. Some appear to be riding bikes much smaller than they need (?)
GIANT 2024 TCR Advanced Pro Disc 0 AR | GT 2014 Zaskar 29er | 2022 Dragon Raptor e-scooter [Yellow Peril]

warthog1
Posts: 14381
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:40 pm
Location: Bendigo

Re: Where is...

Postby warthog1 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:32 pm

CmdrBiggles wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:31 am
find_bruce wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:59 am
Depends. Do you ride like left or right?
Image


Definitely left.
I am not at all outstretched, or bent into a right angle like that fella on the right! I was fitted very precisely by the shop.
The question arose because I've seen roadies who have pretty much got their face far over the front wheel, which history tells me is a quick way to have a front-up-and-over. Some appear to be riding bikes much smaller than they need (?)
It depends on the understanding of the person doing it and the accuracy of the aims and feedback provided as to how good a fit was provided. It sounds like the size was in the ball park from here though;
https://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/view ... p?t=108107
Plenty of episodes of bike shops trying to sell an inappropriate sized frame to shift stock, however.
It pays to learn what size frame you need prior to purchase.

Your fit will evolve as your fitness and flexibility changes.
Your nose position changes with respect to where your hands are on the bars also, cross bar near stem, hoods, drops.
If you are comfortable and can produce reasonable power by your standards, that is what counts. If racing you will want to be able to do that with a lower frontal position. That will improve with flexibility and core strength along with time in the saddle.
Last edited by warthog1 on Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

User avatar
Bunged Knee
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:29 pm
Location: Not drowning in Parramatta river yet

Re: Where is...

Postby Bunged Knee » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:05 pm

Up there,
Down there or
Over there but not in this forum......
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users