Wahoo Bolt Updates

User avatar
foo on patrol
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Wahoo Bolt Updates

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:55 pm

Has/is anyone else having problems with loading updates for the Bolt? I got mine about 2020 and have been slack on doing updates but for the life of me, it doesn't want to play. :?

I've unpaired uninstalled numerous times but the only thing that I haven't done is a factory reset. :roll:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Mr Purple
Posts: 2876
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Wahoo Bolt Updates

Postby Mr Purple » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:54 pm

I haven't had any issue performing the updates, but I've had a lot of issues with the updates themselves.

They seem to be making it worse every time. I'd contact Wahoo customer support - they're generally pretty switched on.

CmdrBiggles
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:28 pm
Location: 'The Cattery'.

Re: Wahoo Bolt Updates

Postby CmdrBiggles » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:35 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:55 pm
Has/is anyone else having problems with loading updates for the Bolt? I got mine about 2020 and have been slack on doing updates but for the life of me, it doesn't want to play. :?

I've unpaired uninstalled numerous times but the only thing that I haven't done is a factory reset. :roll:

Foo

I am not an Elemnt BOLT user (nor Garmin, nor Hammerhead, but iGPSPORT iGS630https://www.igpsport.com/igs630-highlights (provides connectivity to lights, SRAM Force, HR, Power meter etc., etc.), but here's an important, little known trick to walk through:

Clear Bluetooth data on your phone, usually accessed as a sub-option of the phone system Reset function; this bluetooth data clearance does NOT reset the entire phone system, just clears out the Bluetooth area that becomes congested and muddled from pairing/unpairing, binding/unbinding etc. That binding/unbinding bit can persist after the data clear-out and you may need to unbind your phone and then pair it again (which = binding).

Afterward, allow the phone to scan for and connect to any BT devices nearby you want to use

This procedure will also drop your wifi SSID and password. Make sure you have a note of both of these to re-enter to re-connect to WiFi

My iGS630 computer refused to play connect with phone until this clearing of the bluetooth data function was executed.
it paired instantly with the 630 and earlier iGPS620 (on Zaskar 29r MTB), and it was then game-on for all updates since the iGS630 was released early in 2023.
GIANT 2024 TCR Advanced Pro Disc 0 AR | GT 2014 Zaskar 29er | 2022 Dragon Raptor e-scooter

User avatar
foo on patrol
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Wahoo Bolt Updates

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:08 am

Mr Purple wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:54 pm
I haven't had any issue performing the updates, but I've had a lot of issues with the updates themselves.

They seem to be making it worse every time. I'd contact Wahoo customer support - they're generally pretty switched on.

Think I will need to make contact them if I can't get around this, thnks. :)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

User avatar
foo on patrol
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Wahoo Bolt Updates

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:09 am

CmdrBiggles wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:35 pm
foo on patrol wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:55 pm
Has/is anyone else having problems with loading updates for the Bolt? I got mine about 2020 and have been slack on doing updates but for the life of me, it doesn't want to play. :?

I've unpaired uninstalled numerous times but the only thing that I haven't done is a factory reset. :roll:

Foo

I am not an Elemnt BOLT user (nor Garmin, nor Hammerhead, but iGPSPORT iGS630https://www.igpsport.com/igs630-highlights (provides connectivity to lights, SRAM Force, HR, Power meter etc., etc.), but here's an important, little known trick to walk through:

Clear Bluetooth data on your phone, usually accessed as a sub-option of the phone system Reset function; this bluetooth data clearance does NOT reset the entire phone system, just clears out the Bluetooth area that becomes congested and muddled from pairing/unpairing, binding/unbinding etc. That binding/unbinding bit can persist after the data clear-out and you may need to unbind your phone and then pair it again (which = binding).

Afterward, allow the phone to scan for and connect to any BT devices nearby you want to use

This procedure will also drop your wifi SSID and password. Make sure you have a note of both of these to re-enter to re-connect to WiFi

My iGS630 computer refused to play connect with phone until this clearing of the bluetooth data function was executed.
it paired instantly with the 630 and earlier iGPS620 (on Zaskar 29r MTB), and it was then game-on for all updates since the iGS630 was released early in 2023.
Thanks but I can't remember what the passwords are and can't find where I had them written down. :oops:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

CmdrBiggles
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:28 pm
Location: 'The Cattery'.

Re: Wahoo Bolt Updates

Postby CmdrBiggles » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:19 am

foo on patrol wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:09 am
CmdrBiggles wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:35 pm
foo on patrol wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:55 pm
Has/is anyone else having problems with loading updates for the Bolt? I got mine about 2020 and have been slack on doing updates but for the life of me, it doesn't want to play. :?

I've unpaired uninstalled numerous times but the only thing that I haven't done is a factory reset. :roll:

Foo

I am not an Elemnt BOLT user (nor Garmin, nor Hammerhead, but iGPSPORT iGS630https://www.igpsport.com/igs630-highlights (provides connectivity to lights, SRAM Force, HR, Power meter etc., etc.), but here's an important, little known trick to walk through:

Clear Bluetooth data on your phone, usually accessed as a sub-option of the phone system Reset function; this bluetooth data clearance does NOT reset the entire phone system, just clears out the Bluetooth area that becomes congested and muddled from pairing/unpairing, binding/unbinding etc. That binding/unbinding bit can persist after the data clear-out and you may need to unbind your phone and then pair it again (which = binding).

Afterward, allow the phone to scan for and connect to any BT devices nearby you want to use

This procedure will also drop your wifi SSID and password. Make sure you have a note of both of these to re-enter to re-connect to WiFi

My iGS630 computer refused to play connect with phone until this clearing of the bluetooth data function was executed.
it paired instantly with the 630 and earlier iGPS620 (on Zaskar 29r MTB), and it was then game-on for all updates since the iGS630 was released early in 2023.
Thanks but I can't remember what the passwords are and can't find where I had them written down. :oops:

Foo


1. Passwords for wifi can be found in your browser privacy and security settings; or
2. Click on the WiFi icon in the tray and open WiFi settings: the P/W and SSID (among other bits of info) is there too.

The above 2 options are common knowledge. For people 'switched on' in IT, like me, there are 6 other ways to find this information, but a forum is not the place to show it... 8)
GIANT 2024 TCR Advanced Pro Disc 0 AR | GT 2014 Zaskar 29er | 2022 Dragon Raptor e-scooter

User avatar
foo on patrol
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Wahoo Bolt Updates

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:36 am

Ta, I'll check it out. :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CoffsGal