Road Rules

Coron

Road Rules

Postby Coron » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:24 pm

Hello all, my name is Harry im a new member
I understand a bike is a vehicle, but clearly some of us don't.......
I was driving my car today i nearly hit someone who was on a bike that shot out from a street with a stop sign on it...... so i stopped my car and asked this idiot what the hell he was thinking he replied with "im not in a car mate, i don't have to follow the road rules".......
its not like this was a kid or something he was in his 30's, had a racing/road bike and he was all dressed up in his "budgie smugglers"
A bike is a vehicle, any vehicle that is traveling on the road needs to follow the road rules.
i should have just hit him with the car, then maybe he would have learned something

i do ride a bike as well, not every day and its not a fancy $2000 job but when im riding on the road i look at STOP and GIVE WAY signs and do what is required of me to be riding on the road
so im not just another motorist getting angry over nothing..... someone nearly died because he didn't believe he had to follow the road rules, COME ON PEOPLE YOUR RIDING A VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:29 pm

Yup there are tools everywhere!.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:47 pm

G'day Harry,

Welcome to the forum.

You won't find too many here arguing with you. In fact, if you check out this thread, this one and this one, you'll see that as a group, this forum comes down pretty hard on people who disregard the road rules. It reflects badly on all of us.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Welcome Harry.

I encountered the same thing this morning on a rare day when I drive in to work rather than ride. Just before I started moving at an intersection turning left an idiot wearing all black on a MTB zipped into my lane from the right and proceeded to weave through traffic back and forth around the corner. Fricking idiot and annoying for cyclists who actually follow the fricking rules!!!

Cheers :-)
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:10 pm

Boognoss wrote:Just before I started moving at an intersection turning left an idiot wearing all black on a MTB zipped into my lane from the right and proceeded to weave through traffic back and forth around the corner. Fricking idiot and annoying for cyclists who actually follow the fricking rules!!!
Not the same black rider I saw yesterday evening was it? Just absolutely crazy that it's getting dark and here's a guy riding in black cloths and no lights. Suicidal!
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.