Smeaton Grange 15/03/09

Kev365428

Smeaton Grange 15/03/09

Postby Kev365428 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:51 pm

So who's going down for a race?

I'll be there, but not racing (still :x )

Decided to get out on the bike this morning to see if there was any damage that wasn't evident to the naked eye - to both the bike and myslef I mean.

Doned my new helmet and went for a short pedal around the block. No noticable damage to the bike. Steering felt good, wheels ran true etc. As for me, there was also no pain in assuming the position, both hoods and drops, in and out of the saddle. Legs were a little stiff, as was the back but that's hardly surprising. What did catch me unaware was riding up the short hill back towards home as my breathing started to intensify. The deeper the breathing got, the more the stabbing pain in my side increased. No issues when breathing normally, but once I start to exercise and the rate/deepness increases, the pain returns.

Looks like at least another week out of the saddle.

Kev.

leximack

Postby leximack » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:08 pm

hey Kev, good to hear you have ventured out on the bike again.
I will be there tomorrow as long as when i wake up the road is dry.
If it is raining your way do you mind sending me an sms, save me the 40min drive and $300 in tolls on the M7 :lol:

Don

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Ribs take a while...been injured a few times during Rugby...they are fine and then you laugh or take a deep breath and OUCH!...

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:19 pm

No worries Don. Will SMS you if the weather looks dodgy.

I hear you Ian. For the last 2 weeks I've been holding back sneezes and coughing fits with great success (well, some coughing fits got through). Today, I felt the urge to sneeze so I thought I'd try to let it out to see how I was healing. Well bugger me if someone didn't decide to kick me good and hard in the back just as I sneezed. :shock: Man that hurt. I was groaning for 30 seconds and wifey wondered what the hell happened to me.

Kev.

bmxbandito

Postby bmxbandito » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:51 pm

Hey Kev me & juniour man will be coming out in the morning. Can you do one of your weather reports for us at 6o'clock in the morning for us, all naked as usual :shock: don't worry about the pictures though.

thanks Jeff

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:26 pm

Will do Jeff.

Kev.

zozza

Postby zozza » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:33 pm

Hiya Kev, I will be there also :) , hope the weather is decent.

r2160

Postby r2160 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi All

Well, if tomorrow goes ahead, I have to join the ranks of Super Kev and co.

I have had a really good three start weeks to Smeaton this time around, and have pulled a 2nd, 1st and a 3rd in D grade, which means I have to grace the ranks of C grade tomorrow.

Dont know whether I am looking forward to the extra work yet, but I am a little excited to see if I can actually keep up.

Anyway, I just hope to finish with the pack.

cheers
Glenn
-----------
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" Lance Armstrong

zozza

Postby zozza » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:53 am

Just waiting for Kev90210 to get undressed and go into the front yard naked and stare at the sky whilst rubbing his chin :P

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:05 am

goodluck guys!
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=33 ... ij&z=a.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leximack

Postby leximack » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:20 am

looks good here, i'm off!

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:29 am

Grrr, slept in.

Looks dry here, so should be ok, I hope.

Sorry Jeff if you were relying on this ''weather'' report. Just HTFU and get out here. If it's raining just go for a ride up Razorback.
:twisted:
Kev.

leximack

Postby leximack » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:17 am

thanks for letting us play in your town again Kev. Was good fun as always.
No much to report today, fairly uneventful C grade Race. Started off with 20 ish?, by the end think we had lost a few. Was not in a great position for the final sprint and left it a tad late, huffed and puffed my way through a few riders to finish in 5th. Felt good though and i feel i am improving each race. No breakways today, Zozz put in some good efforts out the front as did i trying to break em up a bit. Hopefully it worked a bit, cant let the sprinters get there own way. I cant wait till the longer races start so we can put some hurt into the pack.
Until next time
Seeya

Don

r2160

Postby r2160 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:29 am

Well, being my first week in C grade, had no illusions, but I would like to thank everybody in C grade for handing me my butt on a platter.

It was a nice clean race, and it looked like all the bad luck of the last couple of weeks is gone, which is great!

It was fair to say I got spanked lol. However, I did finish half way between C and D grade, so at least I did better than normal.

cheers
Glenn
-----------
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" Lance Armstrong

leximack

Postby leximack » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:21 pm

r2160 wrote:Well, being my first week in C grade, had no illusions, but I would like to thank everybody in C grade for handing me my butt on a platter.

It was a nice clean race, and it looked like all the bad luck of the last couple of weeks is gone, which is great!

It was fair to say I got spanked lol. However, I did finish half way between C and D grade, so at least I did better than normal.

cheers
Glenn
sorry i didnt get to meet you Glenn, I have no idea who you are and didnt want to ask every C grader. I was NUmber 13 today wearing the Greyish Fox jersey, skinny guy on Blue/whiet Giant TCR.
Congrats on making it to C grade, sure wyou will stay with the bunch next time.
Hope to catchup next time

Don

r2160

Postby r2160 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi Don

I was the lone bankstown guy struggling at the back lol

cheers
Glenn
-----------

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:46 pm

If it's any consulation Glen, I was dropped for the first 4 races or so that I had in C grade. You'll learn to suck wheel like and old pro (pun intended) soon enough and hanging on gets easier, trust me :twisted:

The Zozzman works to hard up the front IMHO....a bit like I tend to do, then have nothing left at the finish. Suck wheel big man.

Jeff had a uphill struggle in A once Brodie and Craig (two MCCC kick-ass A Graders) broke away and held a commanding 1:00+ minute gap on the field for the better part of the last 15 minutes. Working together like teammates should, they held the pack at bay to the finish.

Young Ben had another excellent result in D grade, but unluckily for him his placing today pushes him over the 12 point margin, so C grade beckons for the next race (29th March).

A couple of other riders also hit the ceiling today, and as such they will be moving to B grade, and one other moving to A grade.

I had another successful day in marshalling and crowd control. At one point I had to move a barrier to allow a bloke access to his factory :o . True story!

The next race in the series in on the 29th March due to the Macarthur Open being held next week. All are welcome. Entries via Cycling NSW website, or sign up on the day, but there is a $20 late entry fee. Good prize money on offer for the 4 grades. Criterium style racing, so everyone's in with a chance.

Cheers all.

Kev (getting very itchy to get back on the bike).

leximack

Postby leximack » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Kev365428 wrote: The Zozzman works to hard up the front IMHO....a bit like I tend to do, then have nothing left at the finish. Suck wheel big man.
yeah big Zozz pretty much lead the whole last 1.5laps. Leading into the last sweeper is not a good idea unless you have a massive gap as you will get passed by pretty much everyone. Sitting in about 3rd or 4th is best at that point i reckon. Just have to get in the right position, bit of strategy and a bit of luck is what you need. Its good fun though. Knowing what to di and doing it is a whole different story.
No racing for me next weekend as the wife is working sunday. Should be back on the 29th. Will have Junior Bandito to play with in C grade :lol:

Don

r2160

Postby r2160 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Yeah Kev

Each week I learn a little more and hopefully get a little better. I must admit I was hoping to hold on a little longer, but it was still a good race, and I still did better than previous.

The worst thing was that I had to ride home afterwards, doing another 45k lol.

I am so tired . . .

cheers
Glenn
-----------

bmxbandito

Postby bmxbandito » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Hey Glenn I just realized I was riding just behind you while I was warming up, orange helmet, grey Cervelo next time I'll say G'day & then yell at you to get back on your bunch :lol: .
Just keep chasing the bunch around each week even after getting dropped keep on working hard to stay clear of the bunch behind. As Kev said it will take a couple of weeks to get comfy in your new grade.You seemed to be still going hard after getting dropped yesterday so keep at it & it won't take long.

Kev I heard people saying your barricade move was one of the best ones they've seen in a long time so it must have been a good one, good to see someone taking pride in their unpaid work :) .

At least the points say the little man has to go up a grade, he sought of looked at me funny when I told him to get his butt into C grade. He can just sit on Zozza's wheel everybody else does.

Looking forward to the open on Sunday, just got my Panthers race top so I'll look all official on the day.
JUst finished reading Don's whinge about people switching grades so I might just sign up for C grade so I can try & win the shiitloads of prize money up for grabs.

seeya Sunday Jeff

zozza

Postby zozza » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:39 pm

So you reckon your young bloke is gonna sit on my wheel eh?

I might just rock up in disguise eh? And then I'll sit on the back and spring my trap on the last lap eh?

So stupid it might just work eh? :D