Should I buy a road bike?

Lazyweek

Re: Should I buy a road bike?

Postby Lazyweek » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks g-boaf. I think next weekend I should have my new wheelset to put on. Really interested to feel the difference.

Anyway, next noob question - I like to do sprinting on my bike and last week when putting the power down my chain slipped. Not a nice feeling. I guess the real derailleur is probably due for a small adjustment. Any other ideas? I would like to think I am a powerhouse but unfortunately I am not. I'm working on it though.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:27 am

Possibly the rear mech. You could have a look for a stiff chain link or damaged teeth on sprockets/rings too.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Lazyweek

Postby Lazyweek » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Thanks Mulger Bill. Pretty sure it's the rear mech now, went for a ride today and it was acting up big time today. Time for my free service I think - front wheel needs truing, handlebar needs straightening up, seat needs to be adjusted, speedo needs new zip ties (became loose today) and rear mech needs an adjustment.

Also, do you think it's possible to get my handle bar replaced by a slightly more narrower one (free of charge of course :) )?

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:55 pm

Lazyweek wrote:Also, do you think it's possible to get my handle bar replaced by a slightly more narrower one (free of charge of course :) )?
Unlikely now you've put some miles into it I'm afraid, of course it never hurts to ask...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Lazyweek

Postby Lazyweek » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:04 pm

I have got my new wheels now but unfortunately (or fortunately!!!) I am heading overseas pretty damn soon so I will have to wait a while before giving them a spin.

In other news, somebody decided that the "bike lane" was a good place to cut the corner today on my ride home from work, right in front of me. Is there really a need for that? I had my lights on so they should have seen me. They came within about a foot of the kerb - plenty of space for a cyclist :evil: .