Sizing of Rapha gear?

Jace

Sizing of Rapha gear?

Postby Jace » Sun May 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Not sure if this is the best place to ask..

Does anyone know how the sizing of Rapha bib shorts compare to other brands? Santini, Capo or Babici preferably? Was going to buy online but have no experience with them.

Thanks in advance!
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=12 ... ij&z=a.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dmwill

Re: Sizing of Rapha gear?

Postby dmwill » Sun May 03, 2015 1:20 pm

You know there is a Rapha outlet in Sydney right? :)

I take a large for Rapha (for their lightweight and classic and bibs, likewise with jerseys). Not too sure on the 'Race' or 'Pro Team' stuff though, probably much much difference for bibs, jerseys would probably be slightly tighter though.

FWIW: I'm 5ft10, ~76kg, average shape, usually take 87cm trousers.

Cannot comment on the other brands you want to compare, but I take an XL for most Castelli gear.

Eleri

Postby Eleri » Sun May 03, 2015 5:54 pm

Are you a man or a woman?

In women's sizing they fit me about the same as Assos - XS. They are a size up from Babici which are definitely race cut.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Mon May 04, 2015 8:05 am

Babici winter bib is tighter on the legs vs Rapha Winter bib. Comparing bith small seizes here. Thanks

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon May 04, 2015 11:28 am

Raphas size guide is pretty accurate.

Failing that, go to their store thats conveniently also in sydney !

mmc22

Postby mmc22 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:09 pm

I have had 3 pairs of XL Babici EDKII (lost one in a crash)

Have 1 pair of Rapha Lightweight XL and 1 pair of Rapha Classic XL.

The Babici and the Rapha Lightweight are very similar in length and fit, with the Rapha being maybe slightly firmer race fit around the hips. Shoulder strap length about the same.

The Rapha Classics though, are far and away the best and most comfortable bibs i have ever owned (second place goes to Assos which i take an XL in) Hard to describe but everything is just spot on. Legs are perfect, hips are fitted correctly the chamois is pliable and very comfortable and the straps are plenty long enough and wide across the shoulders to disperse any pull.

When i was looking into getting the classics and complaining about cost, i was told to make sure i can afford 2 sets as they are that good... they were correct, they are that good

Jace

Postby Jace » Mon May 04, 2015 2:48 pm

dmwill wrote:You know there is a Rapha outlet in Sydney right? :)

I take a large for Rapha (for their lightweight and classic and bibs, likewise with jerseys). Not too sure on the 'Race' or 'Pro Team' stuff though, probably much much difference for bibs, jerseys would probably be slightly tighter though.

FWIW: I'm 5ft10, ~76kg, average shape, usually take 87cm trousers.

Cannot comment on the other brands you want to compare, but I take an XL for most Castelli gear.
Haha, yes I am aware there is a store in Sydney. I am using an online discount though so I have no choice but to buy online.

Thanks for the info. :)
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=12 ... ij&z=a.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jace

Postby Jace » Mon May 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Eleri wrote:Are you a man or a woman?

In women's sizing they fit me about the same as Assos - XS. They are a size up from Babici which are definitely race cut.
I am a male, although Id assume the sizing cuts are similar, I have found the Babici stuff to be pretty small, so Im a size up in Babici compared to most things.

Jace

Postby Jace » Mon May 04, 2015 2:53 pm

jaseyjase wrote:Raphas size guide is pretty accurate.
Awesome, I should probably try that.
mmc22 wrote:I have had 3 pairs of XL Babici EDKII (lost one in a crash)

Have 1 pair of Rapha Lightweight XL and 1 pair of Rapha Classic XL.

The Babici and the Rapha Lightweight are very similar in length and fit, with the Rapha being maybe slightly firmer race fit around the hips. Shoulder strap length about the same.

The Rapha Classics though, are far and away the best and most comfortable bibs i have ever owned (second place goes to Assos which i take an XL in) Hard to describe but everything is just spot on. Legs are perfect, hips are fitted correctly the chamois is pliable and very comfortable and the straps are plenty long enough and wide across the shoulders to disperse any pull.

When i was looking into getting the classics and complaining about cost, i was told to make sure i can afford 2 sets as they are that good... they were correct, they are that good
Sweet. Thanks for the information and the comparison. :D

cp123

Postby cp123 » Mon May 04, 2015 6:15 pm

where is the rapha shop in Sydney if anyone wouldn't mind letting me know. I might have to visit there one day on a non-school day just to dribble and drool. I probably couldn't afford their stuff

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Mon May 04, 2015 6:58 pm

cp123 wrote:where is the rapha shop in Sydney if anyone wouldn't mind letting me know. I might have to visit there one day on a non-school day just to dribble and drool. I probably couldn't afford their stuff
Haven`t you googled it? http://pages.rapha.cc/clubs/sydney
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...