beware of viner mitus carbon frames planet x

only1osgood

beware of viner mitus carbon frames planet x

Postby only1osgood » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:20 am

im a viner nut love them all my frames are the Italian made type so 18 months ago i purchased the mitus frame from planet x Chinese made cheap couldn't resist, first thing i noticed was the poor paint job and the color difference between forks and frame but it was cheap and said viner on the frame so i could live with that, then come the shifting problem the new chorus group-set i purchased from the local
shop never worked properly the mechanic swapped the group set to another frame worked like a dream he put it down to a poor finish on the inside of the viner tube snagging the cable ,so it shifted poorly it was only ever going to be a wet weather or back up bike anyway so
i lived with it last month my main bike was out of use so i rode the mitus for 2 weeks my normal rides around the sunshine coast hinterland
sealed tarmac ,hilly and this is the real bummer coming down maleny hill about 75ks the chain feel of and the bike shuddered i managed to slow down with my heart rate through the roof the rear frame had cracked on both rear support and the cross section the rear frame had sagged this could have been and probably should of been fatal, I have contacted planet x there response has been hopeless to me this is a safety issue ive had bikes for 45 years started with steel then aluminium then Italian made carbon i will never buy Chinese made again
and probably stick with the Italian made i already have my advise dont buy the new viner brand and avoid purchasing from overseas if i had seen the frame first i would not have brought the dam thing.